Posting ID: 17506
Position Type: Temporary
City: Prince George, BC, Canada
Location: CAC - Canfor (BC14)
Who We Are:
At Canfor, we know wood-based products can build a better world, whether it’s a component in your smartphone or skyscrapers built from wood. We founded our entire company on that idea. Because, we know that wood-based products are sustainable and the opportunities to innovative have only just begun.
We know when managed responsibly, the forest is everlasting and Canfor is committed to using virtually 100% of every tree for lumber, pulp, paper, and renewable energy—so nothing goes to waste.
You can find Canfor products in every corner of the globe. We’re especially excited by the innovative ways some of our customers are using our products. We know that the work we all do at Canfor today will shape what the world looks like tomorrow. Whether that means building a house or a skyscraper, using paper instead of plastic or learning something new from a colleague down the hall or around the globe. We know not everyone thinks about their impact on the world but at Canfor, we do.
Reporting to the Financial Accountant Supervisor, the Financial Accountant is a key member of the Mill management team responsible for a full range of operational, financial and management accounting reporting. This is a developmental role, which will provide skills and opportunities to back-up and support the Divisional Accountant.
The Financial Accountant's primary focus is to provide the operations management team with relevant financial and statistical analysis and information, and to participate in value-added decision support.
- Month end duties, including: adjusting entries, review of results, financial statement generation, reporting, balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparing financial statements and reports for review
- Assist in the preparation of the annual business plan, monthly/quarterly/yearly forecasting
- Assist with and provide coverage for weekly cost reporting and KPI reporting
- Providing operational and financial analysis for the manufacturing facility
- Ensure compliance with corporate policies and IFRS based GAAP
- Capital asset and major maintenance tracking
- This position may require some overnight travel to operations
- Preference will be given to senior level accounting students with a commitment towards completing their CPA designation
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Self-motivation and ability to undertake new challenges
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong work ethic
- Advanced personal computer skills (MS Office)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Candidate willingness to relocate to any of our operations will be considered an asset
Canfor offers a comprehensive, flexible benefits package that allows you to customize your benefits to meet your individual needs, and includes health and dental coverage as well as life, accident and disability insurance. In addition to this, we offer pension and other benefits.
Grow with us
At Canfor, we understand that our strength comes from our skilled and dedicated employees and we work hard to support their ongoing professional development. We offer a number of training programs and development opportunities to support each of our employees in their pursuit of career advancement and growth. Whether you want to develop upon your skills or advance your career with Canfor, we offer a promote-from-within culture that will give you these opportunities.
At Canfor, our values are at the core of everything we do. Safety comes first, and we are proud of our unwavering commitment to excellence, and customer satisfaction, which allows us to safely and efficiently deliver quality products to our customers around the globe.
- Safety comes first.
- We succeed when our customers succeed.
- We are resilient and resourceful. We always find a way forward.
- We are a good neighbour in our communities and a responsible steward of the environment.
- We demonstrate integrity by doing what we say we are going to do.
Hiring for this position is ongoing and will be filled as required. To be considered for this position, please apply today.
In order to be eligible for this position, you must be legally entitled to work in Canada for our Company.
There has never been a better time to join the Canfor team and become part of the modern forest industry. We have a wide range of rewarding careers in some of the best communities in North America, with plenty of room for advancement. Our mills are modern, high-tech and safe; and our marketing and sales activities are world-class. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, and are committed to the professional development of our employees.
Follow us on LinkedIn , Twitter , and Facebook for Canfor news, career opportunities, and upcoming events!
Prince George, BC
Known as BC’s Northern Capital, Prince George is city that offers big city comfort and convenience, but small town serenity and sensibilities. As the largest city in northern BC, Prince George is a hub of industry, offering numerous employment opportunities and is home to the University of Northern British Columbia. This region’s temperate climate creates a lush environment of emerald-green forests and ample opportunities for outdoor activity. For more information, visit http://canfor.com/our-company/our-communities/prince-george
What is the opportunity? As an RBC Ambassador inside our branches, you will put clients first and find solutions to their individual needs. You will champion the RBC brand and drive business by...
BE Community-Minded. BE Collaborative. BE the Right Partner. Be all that and more at Colliers Project Leaders. Join our team as a Project Manager in Prince George, BC. At Colliers Project Leaders,...
What is the opportunity? As an RBC Investment and Retirement Planner, you develop relationships with and create custom investment solutions for prospective and existing RBC clients. Alongside your...
You must sign in before you can apply for this position. Click here to sign in. Print This Posting LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (RELIEF PART TIME) Location:Prince George Facility:UNIV. HOSPITAL OF N....
Graduation from a recognized recreational program plus one years’ recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. An appropriate valid Class IV...
- Bachelor’s degree in a health related discipline, plus five (5) to seven (7) years of recent, related experience in a community and/or acute care substance use setting/program including three...
What is the opportunity? As an RBC Ambassador inside our branches, you will put clients first...
BE Community-Minded. BE Collaborative. BE the Right Partner. Be all that and more at Colliers...
What is the opportunity? As an RBC Investment and Retirement Planner, you develop relationships...
You must sign in before you can apply for this position. Click here to sign in. Print This...
Graduation from a recognized recreational program plus one years’ recent, related experience or...
- Bachelor’s degree in a health related discipline, plus five (5) to seven (7) years of recent,...