Director of Finance
Anticipated Start Date:
Terms of Employment:
Permanent Full Time
Under the supervision of the Director of Finance, the Finance Clerk will assist in the day-to- day activities of the Finance Department. The Finance Clerk will process financial transactions, ensuring that the financial records of the Nation are maintained in an effective, accurate, and timely manner. The Finance Clerk will assist in the implementation of the Nation’s Financial Administration Law and provide backup support for the Finance Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive & verify invoices against purchase orders
- Verify all transactions comply with relevant financial policies, procedures, and laws
- Prepare batches of invoices for data entry in an efficient, timely and accurate manner
- Prepare semi-monthly A/P cheque runs, preparing and mailing cheques
- Prepare Accounts Receivable invoices
- Receive and record payments of A/R invoices
- Follow up on overdue accounts
- Provide backup A/R support to the Finance Manager
- Prepare semi-monthly payroll in an accurate and timely manner
- Establish and maintain confidential Employee Personnel Files
- Provide backup payroll support to the Finance Manager
Month End Duties & Administrative Support
- Perform monthly bank and visa reconciliations
- Assist Director of Finance in preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial information
- Assist Director of Finance in planning and hosting of quarterly Finance & Audit Committee Meetings
- Provide backup financial policy and law document management support to the Director of Finance
- Perform other finance/administration related duties as required by the Director of Finance and Chief Administrative Officer
- Minimum 1 year certificate in Business Administration, Accounting, Bookkeeping or other relevant program
- Experience is an asset but not required
- Clean criminal record check prior to employment
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Data Entry – ideal candidate can manage high volumes of data entry with accuracy, timeliness and an attention to detail
- Communication – strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Confidentiality – finance activities, especially concerning employee personnel files, must be kept confidential at all times
- Time Management – candidate must excel at time management and prioritization of tasks
- Team Player – candidate is experienced working in a team, can adapt easily to an ever-changing and fast paced environment, is eager to learn and grow with the organization
- Experience working with First Nations (asset but not required)
Compensation and work requirements:
- 30 hour work week
- Compensation dependent upon experience, $42,000-48,000 per year
- Benefits and Pension packages after 3 months (shared costs)
Please submit the following:
- Cover letter
To Lauren Krull, in person, fax 250-743-3251 or by email: Lauren.Krull@malahatnation.com
April 2nd, 2021 or until position is filled.
Employment Type: Full Time
Employment Length: Permanent
Education Requirement: Other trades certificate or diploma
Job Experience: 1 year to less than 2 years
Req ID: 112491 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and...
Req ID: 126999 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and...
représentant/représentante du service à la clientèle - centre d'appel, ACCÈS ALPIN DU CANADA, 27 daysCet employeur invite les personnes de 55 ans et plus à poser leur candidature. Nombre de poste(s) à combler : 10 N° de l'offre : 7911144 Appellation d'emploi à l'interne (si différente) :...
Req ID: 112491 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate...
Req ID: 126999 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate...
représentant/représentante du service à la clientèle - centre d'appel, ACCÈS ALPIN DU CANADA, 27 daysCet employeur invite les personnes de 55 ans et plus à poser leur candidature. Nombre de...