- Six core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do what’s right
- Deliver winning results
- Build collaborative teams
- Get things done in a fact-based, disciplined way
- Learn and grow, inwardly and outwardly
- Dare to be transparent, passionate and humble
The Financial Analyst (FA) assists in coordinating the financial reporting and analysis activities in the Lethbridge operations. This position works closely with operations to accurately reflect the results and provide expertise, analysis and support.
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
Ensuring Production is complete and accurate, preparing yield reports and reporting on Inventory
- Prepare detailed yield/manufacturing analytics to operations and management for decision making purposes.
- Ensure all production and inventory information is correctly reported and provide a daily yield report to manufacturing.
- Be a yield subject matter expert
- Populate front-end transaction template, and manually input non automated production transactions (goods movements) into SAP
- Provide support and assistance with Bill of Material changes.
- Provide financial analysis on Bill of Material change requests.
- Assist with yearly labour and yield standards
- Be familiar with new Sku process and master data. Assist in ensuring all new Sku’s are setup correctly.
Processing hog procurement data for Payment to Producers
- Process hog data for settlement to Producers and ensure accurate settlement calculations for live hog purchases
- Send all producer statements to producers by email and/or fax for each day
- Send producer settlement totals to Accounts Payable for payment processing
- Play a key role in period end reporting and the closing process.
- Coordinate period end inventory counts and reconciliations, investigate & provide explanations for variances
- Support balance sheet account balances each period.
- Provide vacation coverage for Finance Team Members as required.
- Ensure critical weekly and monthly deadlines are met and provide accurate and timely reporting
- Support Plant Continuous Improvement projects and achievement of plant target
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
- Post-secondary education in an Accounting program
- Accounting Designation or near completion
- Must be committed to work weekends prior to Period End
- Proficiency with MS Office, especially Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of SAP or MS Access is an asset
- The ability to work cross-functionally
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com . Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.
Food Service Supervisor (NOC 6311) Shiv Kishan 5 Corporation o/a Subway Sandwiches and Salads Job details Location: Lethbridge, AB Salary: $15.96 / hour Vacancies: 1 Vacancy Employment groups:...
Hello, it’s a new day, and time to answer the call to elevate your career and make life accessible for all. Our compassion and knowledge set us apart. With kindness and expertise, we support...
Food Service Supervisor (NOC 6311) Shiv Kishan 5 Corporation o/a Subway Sandwiches and...
Hello, it’s a new day, and time to answer the call to elevate your career and make life...