Posting End Date:
Number of Opening:
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, you will work across channels on a variety of design and production projects to help bring the Finning (Canada) Brand to life in our marketing and communications department. One day you might be working to support a complex multi-stakeholder RFP response and the next day you may be designing a series of social posts to promote a sweepstakes contest. Your responsibilities will also include developing and maintaining project schedules to ensure internal customer deadlines are met, innovating and bringing new concepts to life, re-inventing existing materials through a templated design approach, and ensuring consistent Corporate Logo use across the Company
Come be a part of our fun and dedicated marketing, digital and communications team who are focused every day on bringing the Finning Purpose and Vision to life!
Major Job Functions:
- Create compelling design and imagery that tells our story and communicates effectively with our customers
- Assist in the development and governance of Finning’s brand standards in all creative work
- Bring creative innovation to design concepts and projects whenever possible
- Ensures graphic and illustrative artwork follows corporate identification standards.
- Using design software, prepare computer files for production and co-ordinate with printers.
- Layout and prepare corporate brochures, advertisements, posters, digital ads, social content, RFP responses, decals, among other corporate communications.
- Coordinate design production with printers, freelance photographers, illustrators, and vendors.
- Develop and edit creative files for use across platforms including website and social media.
- Research, design, lay out and illustrate creative concepts for advertisements, presentations, posters, displays, signage, electronic and other communications medium.
- Use a wide range of media including photography and computer aided design
- Offer advice and suggestions on design and artistic layout of requested materials or presentations.
- Review all proofs to ensure specifications are followed and edits are right the first time.
- Research developments in graphic design technique and technology.
- Provide input and guidance to marketing managers working with external creative agencies and designers
- Maintaining and updating the image media library
- Provide copywriting and content development in support of assigned projects
Corporate Identity & Brand:
- Support the company corporate image by updating and drafting materials including letterhead, envelopes, business cards, stickers, tags, merchandise catalogue, trademarks, company slogans or marketing terms and graphics for Finning (Canada) promotional items.
- Format documents, source images and update and edit content to prepare tender documents and specifications, develop tender-specific content as required and in accordance with internal client requests
- Ensure corporate logo usage by all internally and externally by reviewing logo usage requests and artwork.
- Assist in the upkeep of brand books and digital asset management systems to ensure consistency in all types of communications.
- Develop and maintain project schedules to ensure internal customer deadlines are met Validate invoices from printers and suppliers.
Specific Skills & Knowledge:
- Layout and design: Using computer hardware and software (i.e. Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, etc.)
- Creative writing: Able to translate key messages and project goals into creative copy or prose
- Industry standard tools: understand materials and techniques used in graphic design and in the preparation of graphic and/or illustrative art work
- Plan, review and follow-up of activities, operations or projects. Periodic review and/or coordination with other departments and/or external agencies is required to ensure appropriate sequence is being followed
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques
- Attention to Detail: Ensure work is error free, aligned to brand standards and that you complete edits and changes with a “right first time” mentality
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problem, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness
- Leadership: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization
- Knowledge of design principles
- Working knowledge of the commercial printing industry
- Understanding of branding and corporate identity best practice
- Development of communications for business practice
- Knowledge of Finning’s organization structure and associated workflows, specifically as it relates to parts, service, sales, and rental
Education & Experience:
- Degree or diploma in Graphic Design or a related field of expertise
- Minimum of two years of experience doing creative design for B2B organizations or within a creative services agency or similar.
Note: This is temporary coverage for 12 - 18 months.
We are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.
The Transportation division of AECOM has an opportunity for a Senior Bridge Engineer to join our Bridge Group in Calgary, Alberta. The Bridge Group is involved in the pursuit and delivery of major...
Supervisor, Building Great Neighbourhoods, Planning and Design Job Number : 33519 Listen to this BRIEF INTERVIEW with Ryan Olson, Director, Building Great Neighbourhoods, Planning and Design....
Sr. Electrical Designer Checker - (ECR0000YP) Description Recognized as a leader in the EPC industry and ranked as the #2 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine for...
Supervisor, Open Space Planning & Design Job Number : 33991 Enhancing the lives of Edmontonians through the way we plan, build and sustain landscapes and parks. The Open Space Planning & Design...
Accomodation Coordinator, Facility Planning & Design Job Number : 33586 The Facility Planning and Design section is currently looking for an Accommodation Coordinator to join their growing team....
The Transportation business line of AECOM is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Senior Project Coordinator for a position located in Edmonton, Alberta. The responsibilities of this...
The Transportation division of AECOM has an opportunity for a Senior Bridge Engineer to join our...
Supervisor, Building Great Neighbourhoods, Planning and Design Job Number : 33519 Listen to this...
Sr. Electrical Designer Checker - (ECR0000YP) Description Recognized as a leader in the EPC...
Supervisor, Open Space Planning & Design Job Number : 33991 Enhancing the lives of Edmontonians...
Accomodation Coordinator, Facility Planning & Design Job Number : 33586 The Facility Planning...
The Transportation business line of AECOM is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Senior...