Field Inspector - (180000DP)
Move, Build, Grow your career!
As the premier global asset management and disposition company, Ritchie Bros. helps thousands of people around the world buy and sell heavy equipment, trucks, and other assets every month. With our multiple onsite and online selling platforms and commitment to first-class customer service, Ritchie Bros. is trusted worldwide for making buying and selling easy, efficient, fair, and transparent. If you’re an innovator with an entrepreneurial spirit, we want you to join our growing team – employed in a wide variety of positions from sales to operations to corporate functions – as we transform the global used equipment market.
Join us on our journey and move forward with us, build your success, and grow your career.
We’re looking for a Field Inspector for our auction site in Edmonton, AB.
In this role you’ll:
- Schedule inspections with the equipment consignor.
- Inspect construction, agricultural equipment, heavy highway and construction trucks to report the condition of major components and systems.
- Measure undercarriages per guidelines and evaluates tires. Evaluate the electrical, hydraulic and mechanical components of equipment.
- Complete inspection evaluation forms, takes pictures and oil samples, using an iPad to submit inspection for an internal quality control team to review.
- Be willing to travel frequently, staying overnight Monday-Friday, depending on volume/locations.
- Communicate effectively via email and phone with office staff regarding schedule and other details of the inspection process.
Here’s what you bring:
- High school diploma; post-secondary degree is preferred.
- 5 to 10 years of experience in a construction equipment environment.
This job will require you to:
- Travel to different regions to conduct inspections.
What We Offer:
Our success is built on the drive and dedication of our people. As we grow around the globe, there will be many opportunities to advance your career – we’ve proven this throughout our 55+ years in business. And, we'll take care of you along the way. Here’s how:
- Base salary + performance bonus
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits.
- RRSP and an Employee Share Plan, both with company match.
- Ongoing training, professional development and tuition reimbursement.
- A multi-award winning LEED gold certified facility, in an exceptional park-like setting, featuring:
- A subsidized, multi-award winning childcare centre.
- A subsidized cafeteria, car washing and dry cleaning services, and free parking.
- A workout facility, featuring advanced gym equipment, bike room, shower and changing facilities, and nutrition and fitness programs.
- Proximity to miles of Fraser River walking paths, plus shops, restaurants and services.
To get an idea of what our auctions are like, you can check out some auction videos on YouTube right here: http://bit.ly/KKL9Fz
Want to learn more about the company? Visit our Career site , LinkedIn or connect with us today through Facebook or Twitter .
Established in 1958, Ritchie Bros. (NYSE and TSX: RBA) is a global asset management and disposition company, offering customers end-to-end solutions for buying and selling used heavy equipment, trucks and other assets. Operating in a multitude of sectors, including construction, transportation, agriculture, energy, oil and gas, mining, and forestry, the company’s selling channels include: Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers , the world’s largest industrial auctioneer offers live auction events with online bidding; IronPlanet , an online marketplace with featured weekly auctions and providing its exclusive IronClad Assurance® equipment condition certification; Marketplacee , an online marketplace offering multiple price and timing options; Mascus , a leading European online equipment listing service; and Ritchie Bros. Private Treaty , offering privately negotiated sales. The company also offers sector-specific solutions including GovPlanet , TruckPlanet , Kruse Energy Auctioneers , and Cat® auctions, plus equipment financing and leasing through Ritchie Bros. Financial Services. For more information about the unprecedented choice provided by Ritchie Bros., visit RitchieBros.com .
Ritchie Bros. is an equal opportunity employer and ensures nondiscrimination in all activities in accordance with all applicable laws. This position is open to all qualified applicants who are legally entitled to work in the country in which this job is located. Candidate selection is made by Talent Acquisition. Only electronic applications can be accepted. No agency calls please.
1500 Sparrow Dr
Nisku T9E 8H6
: Yard Operations
: Jul 30, 2018, 4:15:48 PM
ORGANIZATION SUMMARY Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company...
Contract Opportunity Competitive Pay+ 4% Vacation Notable Oil and Gas Company MOTOR SHOP TECHNICIAN AND PARTS WASHER Candidate will pressure wash motor parts Must have valid class 5 Previous Oil...
Class 1 Tractor & Winch Tractor Drivers Location: Leduc Job Code: 3924 # of openings: 1 Description Class 1 Tractor & Winch Tractor drivers We’re recruiting class 1 drivers; We have over 35 years’...
Job description The Strathcona Refinery is looking for a process operations technician students to work in our operations department. The operations department ensures the safe and reliable...
Senior Rotating Equipment Engineer - (ECR00018P) Description Recognized as a leader in the EPC industry and ranked as the #2 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine...
Job description The Strathcona Refinery is looking for instrumentation students to work in our maintenance department. The assignment will include assisting the instrument/analyzer technicians in...
ORGANIZATION SUMMARY Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies...
Contract Opportunity Competitive Pay+ 4% Vacation Notable Oil and Gas Company MOTOR SHOP...
Class 1 Tractor & Winch Tractor Drivers Location: Leduc Job Code: 3924 # of...
Job description The Strathcona Refinery is looking for a process operations technician students...
Senior Rotating Equipment Engineer - (ECR00018P) Description Recognized as a leader in the EPC...
Job description The Strathcona Refinery is looking for instrumentation students to work in our...