Job Description Summary
Since 1911, we have been part of society’s progress on five continents … and we’re not done! Our teams bring together some of the most skilled professionals anywhere. People like you, who have the desire to stretch their talents. By joining SNC-Lavalin, you’re seizing the chance to grow with one of the leading consulting firms in the Prairies and this opportunity will give you the chance to go further in your career.
We are currently seeking Field Engineering Technologist Interns to join our diverse and experienced team.
In this position you will work as a key team member of the Roads & Bridges team located in Regina, SK. The successful candidate(s) will be mentored by a variety of highly specialized transportation professionals and will gain valuable experience in the transportation/infrastructure consulting industry.
This internship position will provide comprehensive training in health and safety as well as performing materials testing on various construction materials such as asphalt, soil, aggregate, concrete, etc. There is a strong requirement for QA/QC procedures, coordination of project testing, reporting, and teamwork. The majority of this position requires significant field work, allowing you to apply your knowledge in a construction setting.
This opportunity will introduce you to a great team, helping you build key skills that you will need as an Engineering Technologist, specifically the application of material properties in construction.
- Successful completion of first year courses in either the Environmental Engineering, Water Resources Engineering and Civil Engineering Technology Programs;
- Valid Saskatchewan class 5 driver’s license with a clean drivers abstract;
- A good understanding of MS Office;
- Solid written and oral communication skills;
- A commitment to a culture of workplace safety;
- Ability to work and travel throughout the Prairie Provinces (Saskatchewan, Alberta, and Manitoba) for extended periods of time;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision or as a member of a team;
- Exceptional organizational and problem solving skills; and
- Self-motivated and a high level of energy.
- Conducting materials testing in accordance with ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials) and CSA (Canadian Standards Association) on various materials such as asphalt, soil, aggregates, concrete, etc.;
- Materials testing of aggregates and asphalt concrete;
- Density testing in-place using a nuclear densometer;
- Quantity tracking and quality assurance monitoring as a field checker on surfacing projects;
- Topographic and construction surveying with GPS survey equipment;
- Possibility of travel to various work sites across Saskatchewan, Alberta, and Manitoba to assist with field testing services;
- Enthusiastic participation in health and safety programs.
- This intern position is based out of the SNC-Lavalin office in Regina that is located at 202-1911 Truesdale Drive.
- Consideration will be given for the position to be out of our Saskatoon office that is located at 216 1st Avenue South.
- A current copy of your resume with cover letter
- An SGI issued current Saskatchewan Driver Abstract
Local candidates will be preferred as no relocation package will be offered.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
Description Working together and pulling together will always lead to better outcomes. The challenge is to inspire and include every stakeholder with a clear and compelling vision of whats...
Description Working as a Facilities Technologist you will assist and coordinate building maintenance, renovation and construction projects and upgrades. This includes developing specification...
Precambrian Research Geologist - GEO000295 Employment Type: Permanent Full-time Location(s) : SK--Regina and Area-Regina Ministry : 023 Energy and Resources Salary...
Req Id 80862 - Posted 04/23/2018 - Protective Services - Physical Security - Canada - Saskatchewan - Regina GARDAWORLD is the largest privately-owned security services company in the world. We are...
GARDAWORLD is the largest privately-owned security services company in the world. We are doing more, for more clients, in more places across the globe. We provide security services for Canada’s...
Immigration Officer - RES003882 Employment Type: SGEU Term 9 months or more Location(s) : SK--Regina and Area-Regina Ministry : 089 Immigration and Career Training Salary...
Description Working together and pulling together will always lead to better outcomes. The...
Description Working as a Facilities Technologist you will assist and coordinate building...
Precambrian Research Geologist - GEO000295 Employment Type: Permanent...
Req Id 80862 - Posted 04/23/2018 - Protective Services - Physical Security - Canada -...
GARDAWORLD is the largest privately-owned security services company in the world. We are doing...
Immigration Officer - RES003882 Employment Type: SGEU Term 9 months or...