Job Description Summary
Since 1911, we have been part of society’s progress on five continents … and we’re not done! Our teams bring together some of the most skilled professionals anywhere. People like you, who have the desire to stretch their talents. By joining SNC-Lavalin, you’re seizing the chance to grow with one of the leading consulting firms in the Prairies and this opportunity will give you the chance to go further in your career.
We are currently seeking Field Engineering Technologist Interns to join our diverse and experienced team.
In this position you will work as a key team member of the Roads & Bridges team located in Regina, SK. The successful candidate(s) will be mentored by a variety of highly specialized transportation professionals and will gain valuable experience in the transportation/infrastructure consulting industry.
This internship position will provide comprehensive training in health and safety as well as performing materials testing on various construction materials such as asphalt, soil, aggregate, concrete, etc. There is a strong requirement for QA/QC procedures, coordination of project testing, reporting, and teamwork. The majority of this position requires significant field work, allowing you to apply your knowledge in a construction setting.
This opportunity will introduce you to a great team, helping you build key skills that you will need as an Engineering Technologist, specifically the application of material properties in construction.
- Successful completion of first year courses in either the Environmental Engineering, Water Resources Engineering and Civil Engineering Technology Programs;
- Valid Saskatchewan class 5 driver’s license with a clean drivers abstract;
- A good understanding of MS Office;
- Solid written and oral communication skills;
- A commitment to a culture of workplace safety;
- Ability to work and travel throughout the Prairie Provinces (Saskatchewan, Alberta, and Manitoba) for extended periods of time;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision or as a member of a team;
- Exceptional organizational and problem solving skills; and
- Self-motivated and a high level of energy.
- Conducting materials testing in accordance with ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials) and CSA (Canadian Standards Association) on various materials such as asphalt, soil, aggregates, concrete, etc.;
- Materials testing of aggregates and asphalt concrete;
- Density testing in-place using a nuclear densometer;
- Quantity tracking and quality assurance monitoring as a field checker on surfacing projects;
- Topographic and construction surveying with GPS survey equipment;
- Possibility of travel to various work sites across Saskatchewan, Alberta, and Manitoba to assist with field testing services;
- Enthusiastic participation in health and safety programs.
- This intern position is based out of the SNC-Lavalin office in Regina that is located at 202-1911 Truesdale Drive.
- Consideration will be given for the position to be out of our Saskatoon office that is located at 216 1st Avenue South.
- A current copy of your resume with cover letter
- An SGI issued current Saskatchewan Driver Abstract
Local candidates will be preferred as no relocation package will be offered.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
Description Join our team! Potzus Ltd is one of Saskatchewans largest construction companies. Established in 1966 we are a second generation family owned and operated business providing top...
Tracking Code 2313-046 Job Description Brandt Equipment Solutions is currently seeking Fitter/Fabricators for its facility located on Mill Street in Regina, Saskatchewan. Brandt Equipment...
Description Brandt Tractor Ltd. currently has a position available for a Receptionist in our Regina Customer Support Centre. Primary responsibilities include: general office duties, switchboard,...
Saw Operator (Afternoon Shift) Tracking Code 2328-046 Job Description Brandt Engineered Products is currently seeking an afternoon shift Saw Operator at our Regina location. Responsibilities...
Description Adecco is currently hiring for a temporary full time Process Safety Engineer for one of our top clients in Regina, Saskatchewan. To qualify for this Process Safety Engineer role, you...
Emissions Engineer - ENV001521 Employment Type: Permanent Full-time Location(s) : SK--Regina and Area-Regina Ministry : 026 Environment Salary Range: $6622-$8610 Monthly Grade: MCP.07. The...
Description Join our team! Potzus Ltd is one of Saskatchewans largest construction companies....
Tracking Code 2313-046 Job Description Brandt Equipment Solutions is currently seeking...
Description Brandt Tractor Ltd. currently has a position available for a Receptionist in our...
Saw Operator (Afternoon Shift) Tracking Code 2328-046 Job Description Brandt Engineered...
Description Adecco is currently hiring for a temporary full time Process Safety Engineer for one...
Emissions Engineer - ENV001521 Employment Type: Permanent Full-time Location(s) : SK--Regina...