Field & Infusion Nurse (RN) - 00001QU8
Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At Innomar Strategies, a company of AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures.
Part Time Casual (0-24 hours weekly)
What you will be doing
The Field Infusion/Injection Nurse (Field Nurse) provides specialized infusion/injection therapies and nursing services to oncology, auto-immune and rare disease patients in outpatient clinics or homecare settings. Effective coordination and communications play an essential part in servicing patients, care givers and our clients. This position offers patients and healthcare providers with continuous education and support with regard to the diseases and therapies they are managing.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Administer medications (IV, IM and SC) in the patient’s home or specialty clinics setting
• Monitor post-injection/infusion treatments as well as chart and report on all activities as directed by program protocols
• Provide patient education based on program protocols, individually or in groups
• Regular, predictable availability to meet appointment scheduling needs in an efficient and cost effective manner to provide patients with quick access to necessary therapies
• Coordinate daily with patients, case managers, physicians, scheduling and other departments to meet established timelines for scheduling appointments, treatments, and communication of information
• Participate regularly in telephone consultations and/or web based meetings/training sessions with the District Manager to share information, and uphold professional practice standards
• Consult with physicians, pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients regarding education and implementation of product specific programs
• Adhere to professional nursing standards as prescribed by the professional associations and the company
• Perform related duties and tasks as required
What your background should look like (minimum qualifications)
• Qualified registered nurse (valid provincial license from the College of Nurses)
• Healthcare provider CPR certificate required Field and Infusion Nurse 2
• Minimum 3 years experience as a Registered Nurse
• 1 year of regular IV initiation and infusion experience
• Experience in a critical care, emergency, acute care inpatient/outpatient or homecare setting are considered assets
• ACLS, CVAA Certification, and central venous lines/port experience are considered assets
• Proficient in MS Excel, Outlook (e-mail), and MS Word
• Access to a home computer with an internet connection, printer, fax machine, and cell phone for making and confirming appointments/assignments
• Flexibility in order to provide services for pre-scheduled and occasional last minute patient appointment requests
• Excellent customer service skills in dealing with patients, physicians, and our clients
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Able to work autonomously with little supervision as part of a larger remote team
• Able to travel to clinics and homecare appointments within a set geographical boundary
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
1. Advanced knowledge of pharmaceutical distribution industry
2. Working knowledge of automated warehouse operating system
3. Strong business and financial acumen
4. Strong analytical and mathematical skills
5. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
6. Effective interpersonal and leadership skills
7. Effective organizational skills; attention to detail
8. Ability to consistently meet deadlines
9. Excellent problem-solving skills; ability to resolve issues effectively and efficiently
10.Excellent presentation skills
11.Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other Office Programs
What AmerisourceBergen offers
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Competitive compensation packages
- Comprehensive health and dental plans
- Flexible & remote working options
- Employer RRSP-matching
- Online peer-to-peer recognition program
- Corporate discounts with multiple establishments, including fitness centers
- Health & Wellness program with onsite yoga and massage therapy
About AmerisourceBergenAmerisourceBergen is a publicly traded Fortune 11 global healthcare solutions company and is one of the world's largest pharmaceutical services companies. Innomar Strategies , a part of AmerisourceBergen, is Canada’s leading patient support provider for specialty pharmaceuticals. Through our Integrated Service Model, we deliver customized solutions to improve product access, increase supply chain efficiency, and enhance patient care. Innomar is the trusted expert in specialty pharmaceuticals with an unwavering commitment to patients.
Canada-British Columbia-Prince George
Posting End Date: Number of Opening: 1 Worker Type: Permanent Position Overview: Reporting directly to the Branch Manager this individual will be responsible for clerical duties within the...
Registration with BC College of Nursing Professionals as a practicing RN registrant. SKILLS AND ABILITIES: - Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing. - Ability to promote safe,...
- Registration with BC College of Nursing Professionals as a practicing LPN registrant. SKILLS AND ABILITIES: - Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with residents,...
Simply put, customers, innovation, and success are at the heart of what we do at The Source and why we do it. These three words shape our business decisions and our everyday actions. They are...
Posting ID: 17556 Position Type: Temporary City: Prince George, BC, Canada Location: Northwood Pulp (BC18) Who We Are: At Canfor, we know wood-based products can build a better...
Hardgoods Department Sales Manager - Sport Chek - Prince George, BC - C04QS4 Inspiring Canadians to live healthy, active lives. The inspiration begins with you. At Sport Chek, we love sharing our...
Posting End Date: Number of Opening: 1 Worker Type: Permanent Position Overview: Reporting...
Registration with BC College of Nursing Professionals as a practicing RN registrant. SKILLS AND...
- Registration with BC College of Nursing Professionals as a practicing LPN registrant. SKILLS...
Simply put, customers, innovation, and success are at the heart of what we do at The Source and...
Posting ID: 17556 Position Type: Temporary City: Prince George, BC, Canada Location: ...
Hardgoods Department Sales Manager - Sport Chek - Prince George, BC - C04QS4 Inspiring Canadians...