Vancouver Island Regional Library
Facilities Support Clerk
Vancouver Island Regional Library is looking for a Facilities Support Clerk to join our Facilities Team. This position is located at our Administration Office in Nanaimo.
Under the direction of the Facilities Maintenance Supervisor, the Facilities Support Clerk is responsible for the coordination and tracking of general building maintenance and repairs, life safety systems, janitorial, shipping and receiving, fleet management and lease renewals. Further, the Facilities Support Clerk provides general administrative support and assistance to the Facilities Maintenance Supervisor in the areas of maintenance, planning, renovation and construction projects. Travel will be required.
The Facilities Support Clerk provides assistance and support in the following areas:
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Specific experience with facilities operations as they relate to costing and the coordination of repairs and maintenance, renovations, construction and contract management would be an asset;
- Proficiency with Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office programs including, advanced Excel, Word, MS Project, plus research capabilities on the internet;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and proven ability to work cooperatively as part of a team;
- Ability to work under the direction of the Facilities Maintenance Supervisor or designate: set priorities and work under pressure;
- Ability to create, read and understand flow charts, diagrams and blueprints;
- Ability to sit, stand, walk and climb as required when performing daily work duties, such as facilities site inspections, etc.
Required Education & Experience:
- Building Officials’ Association of BC (BOABC) level 1 Certification or equivalent courses;
- Two (2) year diploma in business administration or business management or a technical trade with related administrative and project management experience. A combination of education and work experience will be considered;
- Minimum of two (2) years related work experience, preferably in facilities maintenance or property management within a public sector organization;
- Completion of workshops/seminars and/or demonstrated skills and knowledge in the areas of building repair and maintenance including safety and compliance, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, painting, flooring, janitorial and other building related equipment and services, communication, and conflict resolution.
You are required to have a valid BC Driver’s License and will also be required to satisfactorily complete a Criminal Record Check (Working with Children & Vulnerable Adults).
This position is located at our Administration Office:
6250 Hammond Bay Road
Nanaimo, BC V9R 5N3
This is a CUPE Unionized position providing an hourly rate of $27.31 per hour.
Please reference the Competition No.: CUPE2021-11 in the subject line of your email when submitting your cover letter and resume to email@example.com .
This position closes on March 5, 2021 at 5:00pm.
Your cover letter should clearly identify how you have the knowledge, skills and experience to be successful in this position.
VIRL thanks all applicants for their interest in working with us however only those selected for an interview will be contacted directly.
Visit us at www.virl.bc.ca for other exciting opportunities.
Your Voice. Your Library.
Employment Type: Full Time
Employment Length: Permanent
Education Requirement: Other trades certificate or diploma
Job Experience: 2 years to less than 3 years
Rate: $27.31 Hour
Close Wine Merchandiser - Nanaimo, BC Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager) Industry: Packaged Goods Job Category: Sales Years...
Close Wine Merchandiser - Nanaimo, BC Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+...