You will work in the Facilities Engineering group of Kearl Technical.
This group provides engineering expertise in all aspects of facilities operation and conceptual design to Imperial's Kearl Operations. You will work in a multi-disciplined team environment with guidance and mentorship from experienced professional engineers and technologists. This is a rotational role at the Kearl site and will require close collaboration with the operating team and routine travel by truck to plant locations.
Your responsibilities will typically include:
- Contact engineer for operations for a specific plant area.
- Work in a team with other Facilities engineers, Area & Lead Engineers to support assigned operations area and gain knowledge/exposure to other areas of plant.
- Daily Facilities Surveillance of area driven KPI’s and troubleshooting.
- Operations support for changes, repairs & alterations of all plant pressure equipment (including piping, static equipment, rotating equipment, tanks etc.).
- Shutdown engineering support.
- Participate in area Risk Assessment, HAZOP’s, Hazard Hunts, Critical Operating Parameter Reviews.
- Participate in incident investigations (downtime, process safety related).
- Risk assessments on new facility projects, existing facilities and closure of mitigating action items.
- Performance testing and operating guideline development for facilities.
- B.Sc. in Petroleum, Chemical, Mineral Processing, Mechanical Engineering. Other engineering disciplines can be considered with relevant experience.
- To be considered for employment, your most recent unofficial transcript(s) must be submitted with your application.
- New graduates with 0 to 3 years of experience will be considered
- Valid driver's license and a safe driving record
- Ability to function in a team environment
- Willingness to work a rotational type of role in remote location
Start date: June 2018
Location: Kearl site, AB
- A company committed to career growth - we recruit those who are interested in a career with Imperial and prefer to develop and promote people from within. Our career management process means that you will likely perform a number of unique, challenging roles during your career.
- Successful networking and mentoring programs - enables you to spend time with managers from across the organization to learn about other departments and opportunities. Also allows you to connect with peers at a similar experience level.
- Commitment to safety, ethics & continuous improvement - these standards are the reason Imperial is an industry leader. You will work for a company that upholds safety and ethics ideals and continues to seek out ways to improve.
- Exceptional benefits program - includes competitive savings, retirement, and healthcare plans that you can customize to meet your individual needs.
- A comprehensive relocation package is provided, if required. Educational and physical fitness financial assistance programs round out our benefits package.
- Continuous learning environment - encourages you to augment your skills and capabilities.
- If you are talented, driven, and want to make meaningful contributions that really impact environmental, safety and bottom line objectives, then you owe it to yourself to apply with Imperial.Imperial offers a very competitive benefits package including salary, health care and savings plan contributions.
- This position will be a full time fly-in, fly-out role to Kearl site from either Calgary or Edmonton. Relocation assistance to Calgary or Edmonton is available if required. Bus transportation is also available to Kearl site from Fort McMurray at the beginning and end of each shift rotation for Fort McMurray residents. Kearl operations positions will typically be 11 days on and 9 days off (shift rotations start and finish with a partial-day shift.)
- Kearl operations will provide safe, secure and quiet accommodation near to the worksite for employees working on rotating work schedules. Facilities include a private room/washroom for each employee.
Who we are
A leading member of Canada’s energy industry, Imperial invests in new technology to responsibly meet today’s energy challenges, reducing our environmental footprint and remaining committed to high safety standards. Our Kearl oil sands operation north of Fort McMurray, Alberta, represents the next generation of oil sands mining, and is positioned to provide exciting career opportunities well into the future. No matter what your career path, we provide the platform to elevate your goals and achieve your ambitions, while providing support through wide-ranging programs and benefits.
- For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
- We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Eligibility to work in Canada
Applicants must be permanently eligible to work in Canada. Proof of eligibility must be in the form of a copy of your Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate or Canadian certificate of permanent residence. Document must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided). Proof of eligibility is required if an offer is made.
Application deadline: April 1, 2018
Imperial is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals.
In certain situations, Imperial may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions in the company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates.
Posting End Date: Number of Opening: 1 Worker Type: Temporary Position Overview: Reporting directly to the Mining Reliability Engineering Manager with a dotted line at customer site to the...
Our client is looking for an individual to complete a one year contract in Lloydminster SK. This is a great opportunity for an experienced Environmental Advisor with some strong technical skills,...
Description Working within an automated environment, this person will be responsible for the general operation of the Imperial Branch Library. Typical duties include: circulate library materials,...
Description Pineland Co-op Sales Agronomist Are you looking to join an organization where you can raise the bar, deliver results and be well rewarded for your efforts? Our mission is to invest in...
Employee Type: Regular-Full time WE= unlimited potential We didn’t get to be a leader in energy delivery or ranked on the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations index on our own. We did it in...
Are you a motivated, enthusiastic individual looking for a new opportunity in Lloydminster, AB. Our client is looking for a Fleet Administrator to join their team. This contract will start as soon...
Posting End Date: Number of Opening: 1 Worker Type: Temporary Position Overview: Reporting...
Our client is looking for an individual to complete a one year contract in Lloydminster SK. This...
Description Working within an automated environment, this person will be responsible for the...
Description Pineland Co-op Sales Agronomist Are you looking to join an organization where you...
Employee Type: Regular-Full time WE= unlimited potential We didn’t get to be a leader in energy...
Are you a motivated, enthusiastic individual looking for a new opportunity in Lloydminster, AB....