City: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Employment Type: Full Time
This is an exciting time for CGI, and we want you to be part of it!
We are Canada's largest independent information technology services firm, and even after over 40 years, we're still growing and we need your skills, enthusiasm, and dedication as part of our team.
We are looking for a well-spoken individual with exceptional customer service skills and a great attitude. CGI is currently accepting applications for the support level position of Facilities
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Responsibilities of the Facilities Coordinator / Reception will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Greeting visitors, receive and screen incoming telephone calls, coordinating outgoing couriers
and receiving incoming mail and couriers
• Ensuring client meetings are serviced efficiently by coordinating amenities such as meeting
spaces, technology requirements, food and beverages as needed
• Direct, co-ordinate and supervise all relevant trades people for cleaning, repairs and
maintenance to ensure a consistently clean and well maintained office
• Activate and deactivate security access cards maintaining a comprehensive database of
• Maintain email distribution lists
• Establish and monitor effective tracking of cubicle and office master keys
• Addresses member facility complaints or issues in a timely manner
• Coordinate cubicle repairs, requirements and moves
• Obtain and secure quotes for office improvement initiatives
• Complete monthly occupancy reports
• Monitors the use of office supplies and order needed supplies in a timely manner
• Coordinating events as assigned
• Special projects and other duties as assigned
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
The successful candidate will have:
• Degree/Diploma in Business Administration or education plus equivalent experience
• 3 – 5 years administrative support experience with a minimum of 2 years’ experience as an
• Experience coordinating meetings and events
• Experience in facility maintenance/coordination would be considered an asset
• Punctual and reliable with an outstanding attendance record
• Exceptional interpersonal and guest service skills to build solid working relationships
• Focused on customer service and the ability to maintain a high level of professionalism at all
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written
• Excellent typing skills with high proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy, displays flexibility to meet changing requirements,
ability to professionally navigate through stressful situations and ability to manage multiple
tasks simultaneously with confidence
• Demonstrated experience managing confidential and sensitive information and conversations
with diplomacy, tact, and professionalism
• Superior organizational skills with flawless attention to detail
• Effective time management skills, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
• Motivated with a consistent high energy level
• Ability to work independently or in an team environment and a strong desire to take initiative
and follow through on tasks needing attention
• Creative and adaptable to introducing new ideas and approaches
• Ability to complete assignments with minimal supervision
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
- Administrative Support
- Communication (Oral/Written)
- Customer Service & Support
- Microsoft Office
- Time Management
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?*
* This field is required.
4% vacation pay on each cheque A chance to work for a very reputable bank 1+ years in a capital markets firm focusing on retail distribution products Req. #: 8510245 Client Service...
Creative Content Producer, Marketing and Communications (English Services), CBC Radio Canada, 25 daysCreative Content Producer, Marketing and Communications (English Services) - HAL00258 Job Family Communications Primary Location Halifax Position Language Requirement English Only Language Skill...
Sous Chef - Halifax Marriott Harbourfront Hotel - (18002881), Halifax Marriott Harbourfront Hotel, about 1 monthHere’s To Your Journey with Marriott Hotels, Resorts and Suites Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels. Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s...
Key Holder (Part-Time) - Mark's - New Minas 314 - C04Q8E At Mark’s you’ll find a successful, innovative, and growing company that values people and fosters a culture of performance and...
Retail Business Advisor - (18007980) Description McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Canada, we...
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster...
4% vacation pay on each cheque A chance to work for a very reputable bank 1+ years in a capital...
Creative Content Producer, Marketing and Communications (English Services), CBC Radio Canada, 25 daysCreative Content Producer, Marketing and Communications (English Services) - HAL00258 Job...
Sous Chef - Halifax Marriott Harbourfront Hotel - (18002881), Halifax Marriott Harbourfront Hotel, about 1 monthHere’s To Your Journey with Marriott Hotels, Resorts and Suites Marriott International portfolio...
Key Holder (Part-Time) - Mark's - New Minas 314 - C04Q8E At Mark’s you’ll find a successful,...
Retail Business Advisor - (18007980) Description McKesson is in the business of better health...
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us...