: Canada-Toronto-The Fairmont Royal York
Responsible for the direction, coordination and creation of all food preparation throughout the Culinary Department at the Fairmont Royal York. Responsible for the sanitation of all kitchens respecting all regulations laid out by the Local Health Authority. Will respect and promote all Fairmont values related to Guest and Employee satisfaction, The safety and wellness of all employees in the kitchen.
Hotel Overview: Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, Fairmont Royal York is within walking distance to the business and theatre districts and the city's best shopping and dining. Having hosted more than 40 million guests since it opened its doors in 1929, Fairmont Royal York continues to represent the epitome of hospitality. With 1365 guest rooms, 70,000 square feet in 34 conference and banquet rooms, and over 1200 colleagues, The Fairmont Royal York depicts the elegance of its past while providing the finest conveniences for today's travelers.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Food & Beverage, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Confers with the Food and Beverage Director on present and proposed practices and procedures
- Responsible for delivering an agreed food cost for the hotel through cost and waste control, correct menu pricing and ensuring that close communication between all relevant departments takes place to assist in this.
- To implement and manage Ecosure compliance program
- Attend food and beverage executive meetings, department head meetings and management to coordinate kitchen department activities with other departments and hotel policies
- Create all hotel menus in a creative and trendsetting manner, respecting the Fairmont core values of Authentically Local, Unrivalled Presence and Engaging Service.
- Conducts departmental meetings for training and discussion
- Must have expert knowledge in large volume catering in all markets particularly corporate, convention and social markets.
- To determine all food specifications and coordinate all ordering of food and kitchen supplies.
- To work closely with the Purchasing Manager in buying all food products
- Coordinate with Catering Managers on banquet menu specifications
- Take the lead role in customizing the culinary experience for all our guests
- To perform interviews for prospecting applicants for job vacancies in conjunction with the Human Resources department on employment and other employee relation matters
- Responsible for the overall payroll and scheduling of staff to meet business fluctuations
- Responsible for the financial performance of the culinary operation must have a sound knowledge of budget creation and implementation
- Responsible for the Fairmont Culinary Apprenticeship program, and must ensure that any Apprenticeships receives the best possible training to fulfill the goals of the employee as well as the hotel.
Minimum 12 years cooking experience
Previous experience as an Executive Chef in large luxury hotel
- EcoSure experience a distinct advantage
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven experience managing food cost and delivering results
- Red Seal certified or equivalent
- Flexible schedule
Visa Requirements: Must already be legally permitted to work in Canada.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
Fairmont Hotels and Resorts believes in outstanding hospitality. We are committed to respecting the independence and dignity of all persons by providing a barrier-free environment for all guests, colleagues, and job applicants. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources at 416-860-4512 or email@example.com if you require accommodation.
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
: Senior Leadership / Executive
: Day Job
: 19.Mar.2018, 10:59:00 PM
Security Agent (Part-Time) The Security Department is responsible for ensuring the overall safety and security of the hotel’s guests, employees, and hotel premises. He/she acts as a member of the...
Position Summary: The Marketing Coordinator works closely with the Marketing Supervisor, Canada, to implement Royal Building Products sales and marketing initiatives in Canada along with support...
Shangri-La hotel, Toronto In conjunction with the Executive Chef and F&B management team, provide leadership and direction to the Culinary Team to ensure the highest standards of food production,...
Shangri-La hotel, Toronto In conjunction with the Executive Chef, Banquet Sous Chef and F&B Management Team, provide leadership and direction to the Culinary Team to ensure the highest standards...
Food and Beverage Supervisor - 1808797 Description Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is searching for a Food and Beverage Supervisor to work at our beautiful Ivey Tangerine Leadership Centre property in...
Senior Consultant Imperial Service, Advisor Communications Requisition ID : 18010483 Position Type: Regular Position Status: Full Time Job : Consulting Work Location : Canada-Ontario-Toronto-21...
Security Agent (Part-Time) The Security Department is responsible for ensuring the overall...
Position Summary: The Marketing Coordinator works closely with the Marketing Supervisor, Canada,...
Shangri-La hotel, Toronto In conjunction with the Executive Chef and F&B management team,...
Shangri-La hotel, Toronto In conjunction with the Executive Chef, Banquet Sous Chef and F&B...
Food and Beverage Supervisor - 1808797 Description Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is searching for a...
Senior Consultant Imperial Service, Advisor Communications Requisition ID : 18010483 Position...