Equipment Inspector - (1800008Q)
Established in 1958, Ritchie Bros. (NYSE and TSX: RBA) is a global asset management and disposition company, offering customers end-to-end solutions for buying and selling used heavy equipment, trucks and other assets. Operating in a multitude of sectors, including construction, transportation, agriculture, energy, oil and gas, mining, and forestry, the company’s selling channels include: Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers , the world’s largest industrial auctioneer offers live auction events with online bidding; IronPlanet , an online marketplace with featured weekly auctions and providing its exclusive IronClad Assurance® equipment condition certification; Marketplacee , an online marketplace offering multiple price and timing options; Mascus , a leading European online equipment listing service; and Ritchie Bros. Private Treaty , offering privately negotiated sales. The company also offers sector-specific solutions including GovPlanet , TruckPlanet , Kruse Energy Auctioneers , and Cat® auctions, plus equipment financing and leasing through Ritchie Bros. Financial Services. For more information about the unprecedented choice provided by Ritchie Bros., visit RitchieBros.com .
Join a growing global company that offers endless career and learning opportunities with a work culture like no other.
Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers has an immediate opening for an Equipment Inspector at our Nisku, AB auction site. This role is ideal for someone with a background in conducting heavy equipment inspections. No auction experience is needed to work in this role, and lots of training will be provided.
What we offer:
Our success is built on the drive and dedication of our people. As we grow around the globe, there will be many opportunities to advance your career – we’ve proven this throughout our 55+ years in business. And, we'll support you along the way. Here’s how:
- Base salary + paid overtime.
- Affordable, comprehensive medical & dental benefits.
- RRSP and an Employee Share Plan, both with company match.
- Ongoing training, professional development and a tuition reimbursement program.
- Safety equipment subsidy.
- Meals catered at auction time.
Our Equipment Inspectors are part of our Detailed Equipment Information (DEI) team. They perform accurate and thorough visual inspections (eg. wear points, damage, hour meter readings, etc) and functional testing (eg. basic operations) on heavy equipment.
In this role you'll:
- Gather and verify equipment inventory information (eg. contract proofs, equipment additions, serial numbers, etc.).
- Identify and record equipment components, accessories and asset details.
- Verify equipment descriptions, based on our Equipment Standards Manual.
- Ensure the quality of equipment data and other related information.
- Verify requirements for warranty applicable items.
- Compose and take photos of the equipment.
- Provide assistance as required to the DEI Team.
- Assist the Sales team with appraisals and write-ups in the field between peak periods.
- Promote a culture where the health and safety of our employees and customers is top priority for all.
Here's what you bring:
- High school graduate with some post-secondary education is a must.
- Prior experience in equipment management (inspections, inventory and appraisals) and/or inventory control management, preferably in the auction or heavy equipment business.
- Knowledge of industrial and/or agricultural equipment, trucks and trailers.
- Proficiency using computers, MS Office Suite products (Word, Excel) and digital cameras.
- Top-notch written and verbal communication skills (you will be using a 2-way radio and a desk phone).
- Good penmanship – we need to be able to read your writing and printing easily.
- Excellent organizational skills, a keen eye for detail and a commitment to accuracy.
- Experience working independently and collaboratively in a team-oriented environment. You thrive working as part of a team, and pitch-in wherever needed.
- Strong time management skills; the ability to multi-task effectively and prioritize work are essential.
- A strong customer service orientation.
- You're process-oriented, hands-on, and ready to roll up your sleeves to succeed in this role.
- You like to work hard, and still have fun on the job.
This job will require you to:
- Maintain a valid, clean driver’s license.
- Work both indoors and outdoors year-round, and climb on and off large equipment and trucks.
- Because we are an event-driven company, we'll need you to work regular overtime, including weekend hours, at onsite auction sales. You can expect to work extra hours prior to each sale, during each sale, and for after each sale.
To get an idea of what our auctions are like, you can check out some auction videos on YouTube right here: http://bit.ly/KKL9Fz
Want to learn more about the company? Visit our Career site , LinkedIn or connect with us today through Facebook or Twitter .
Ritchie Bros. is an equal opportunity employer and ensures nondiscrimination in all activities in accordance with all applicable laws. This position is open to all qualified applicants who are legally entitled to work in the country in which this job is located. Candidate selection is made by Talent Acquisition. Only electronic applications can be accepted. No agency calls please.
1500 Sparrow Dr
Nisku T9E 8H6
: Yard Operations
: May 23, 2018, 4:30:41 PM
Contract Opportunity Competitive Pay+ 4% Vacation Notable Oil and Gas Company Answering Phones in a professional manner Answering Shop Gates in a professional manner Transferring/ paging...
Clerk II - Mail / Lost & Found up to 11 months Job Number : 33317 Are you passionate about the delivery of exceptional customer service? Do you consistently go above and beyond and actively look...
AutoReqId 61010BR Title for Posting Field Service Specialist PSA/Division V&M Division Valves & Measurement Job Discipline Operations PTEs, Engineers & Specialists Employment Status ...
LOCATION: Edmonton, Alberta (CA-AB) JOB NUMBER: 23222 Job Overview Reporting to the maintenance supervisor, you will be essential in maintaining the reliability of the refinery’s production...
Engineer Product (Junior Engineer/Entry Level) Apply now » Date: May 22, 2018 Location: Edmonton, AB, CA, T9E 7T9 Company: John Deere There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there...
Field Service Coordinator-18000351 Description Cummins Sales and Service – Western Canada is an exclusive distributor for Cummins Inc., the world’s largest independent manufacturer of diesel...
Contract Opportunity Competitive Pay+ 4% Vacation Notable Oil and Gas Company Answering Phones...
Clerk II - Mail / Lost & Found up to 11 months Job Number : 33317 Are you passionate about the...
AutoReqId 61010BR Title for Posting Field Service Specialist PSA/Division V&M Division ...
LOCATION: Edmonton, Alberta (CA-AB) JOB NUMBER: 23222 Job Overview Reporting to the maintenance...
Engineer Product (Junior Engineer/Entry Level) Apply now » Date: May 22,...
Field Service Coordinator-18000351 Description Cummins Sales and Service – Western Canada is an...