Equipment Inspector - (1800008Q)
Established in 1958, Ritchie Bros. (NYSE and TSX: RBA) is a global asset management and disposition company, offering customers end-to-end solutions for buying and selling used heavy equipment, trucks and other assets. Operating in a multitude of sectors, including construction, transportation, agriculture, energy, oil and gas, mining, and forestry, the company’s selling channels include: Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers , the world’s largest industrial auctioneer offers live auction events with online bidding; IronPlanet , an online marketplace with featured weekly auctions and providing its exclusive IronClad Assurance® equipment condition certification; Marketplacee , an online marketplace offering multiple price and timing options; Mascus , a leading European online equipment listing service; and Ritchie Bros. Private Treaty , offering privately negotiated sales. The company also offers sector-specific solutions including GovPlanet , TruckPlanet , Kruse Energy Auctioneers , and Cat® auctions, plus equipment financing and leasing through Ritchie Bros. Financial Services. For more information about the unprecedented choice provided by Ritchie Bros., visit RitchieBros.com .
Join a growing global company that offers endless career and learning opportunities with a work culture like no other.
Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers has an immediate opening for an Equipment Inspector at our Nisku, AB auction site. This role is ideal for someone with a background in conducting heavy equipment inspections. No auction experience is needed to work in this role, and lots of training will be provided.
What we offer:
Our success is built on the drive and dedication of our people. As we grow around the globe, there will be many opportunities to advance your career – we’ve proven this throughout our 55+ years in business. And, we'll support you along the way. Here’s how:
- Base salary + paid overtime.
- Affordable, comprehensive medical & dental benefits.
- RRSP and an Employee Share Plan, both with company match.
- Ongoing training, professional development and a tuition reimbursement program.
- Safety equipment subsidy.
- Meals catered at auction time.
Our Equipment Inspectors are part of our Detailed Equipment Information (DEI) team. They perform accurate and thorough visual inspections (eg. wear points, damage, hour meter readings, etc) and functional testing (eg. basic operations) on heavy equipment.
In this role you'll:
- Gather and verify equipment inventory information (eg. contract proofs, equipment additions, serial numbers, etc.).
- Identify and record equipment components, accessories and asset details.
- Verify equipment descriptions, based on our Equipment Standards Manual.
- Ensure the quality of equipment data and other related information.
- Verify requirements for warranty applicable items.
- Compose and take photos of the equipment.
- Provide assistance as required to the DEI Team.
- Assist the Sales team with appraisals and write-ups in the field between peak periods.
- Promote a culture where the health and safety of our employees and customers is top priority for all.
Here's what you bring:
- High school graduate with some post-secondary education is a must.
- Prior experience in equipment management (inspections, inventory and appraisals) and/or inventory control management, preferably in the auction or heavy equipment business.
- Knowledge of industrial and/or agricultural equipment, trucks and trailers.
- Proficiency using computers, MS Office Suite products (Word, Excel) and digital cameras.
- Top-notch written and verbal communication skills (you will be using a 2-way radio and a desk phone).
- Good penmanship – we need to be able to read your writing and printing easily.
- Excellent organizational skills, a keen eye for detail and a commitment to accuracy.
- Experience working independently and collaboratively in a team-oriented environment. You thrive working as part of a team, and pitch-in wherever needed.
- Strong time management skills; the ability to multi-task effectively and prioritize work are essential.
- A strong customer service orientation.
- You're process-oriented, hands-on, and ready to roll up your sleeves to succeed in this role.
- You like to work hard, and still have fun on the job.
This job will require you to:
- Maintain a valid, clean driver’s license.
- Work both indoors and outdoors year-round, and climb on and off large equipment and trucks.
- Because we are an event-driven company, we'll need you to work regular overtime, including weekend hours, at onsite auction sales. You can expect to work extra hours prior to each sale, during each sale, and for after each sale.
To get an idea of what our auctions are like, you can check out some auction videos on YouTube right here: http://bit.ly/KKL9Fz
Want to learn more about the company? Visit our Career site , LinkedIn or connect with us today through Facebook or Twitter .
Ritchie Bros. is an equal opportunity employer and ensures nondiscrimination in all activities in accordance with all applicable laws. This position is open to all qualified applicants who are legally entitled to work in the country in which this job is located. Candidate selection is made by Talent Acquisition. Only electronic applications can be accepted. No agency calls please.
1500 Sparrow Dr
Nisku T9E 8H6
: Yard Operations
: May 23, 2018, 4:30:41 PM
Job description The Strathcona Refinery is looking for a process operations technician students to work in our operations department. The operations department ensures the safe and reliable...
Job description The Strathcona Refinery is looking for power engineering technician students to work in our operations department. The operations department ensures the safe and reliable operation...
Senior Rotating Equipment Engineer - (ECR00018P) Description Recognized as a leader in the EPC industry and ranked as the #2 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine...
Job description The Strathcona Refinery is looking for instrumentation students to work in our maintenance department. The assignment will include assisting the instrument/analyzer technicians in...
AECOM has an opportunity for a Waste Management Engineer to support AECOM's waste management team in multiple offices across Canada. The position can be based out of our Burnaby, Edmonton or...
Field Buyer - Future Opportunity - EDM00S5 Company: WorleyParsonsCord Primary Location : CAN-AB-Edmonton Job : Procurement Management Schedule : Full-time Employment Type: Hourly Job...
Job description The Strathcona Refinery is looking for a process operations technician students...
Job description The Strathcona Refinery is looking for power engineering technician students to...
Senior Rotating Equipment Engineer - (ECR00018P) Description Recognized as a leader in the EPC...
Job description The Strathcona Refinery is looking for instrumentation students to work in our...
AECOM has an opportunity for a Waste Management Engineer to support AECOM's waste management...
Field Buyer - Future Opportunity - EDM00S5 Company: WorleyParsonsCord Primary...