Edmonton Meadows, ALBERTA | 3 months
This position may have expired!
Equipment Inspector (Part-time) - (1800008R)
Move, Build, Grow your career!
As the premier global asset management and disposition company, Ritchie Bros. helps thousands of people around the world buy and sell heavy equipment, trucks, and other assets every month. With our multiple onsite and online selling platforms and commitment to first-class customer service, Ritchie Bros. is trusted worldwide for making buying and selling easy, efficient, fair, and transparent. If you’re an innovator with an entrepreneurial spirit, we want you to join our growing team – employed in a wide variety of positions from sales to operations to corporate functions – as we transform the global used equipment market.
Join us on our journey and move forward with us, build your success, and grow your career.
Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers has an immediate opening for an Equipment Inspector at our Edmonton, AB auction site. This role is ideal for someone with a background in conducting heavy equipment inspections. No auction experience is needed to work in this role, and lots of training will be provided.
Our Equipment Inspectors are part of our Detailed Equipment Information (DEI) team. They perform accurate and thorough visual inspections (eg. wear points, damage, hour meter readings, etc) and functional testing (eg. basic operations) on heavy equipment.
In this role you'll:
- Gather and verify equipment inventory information (eg. contract proofs, equipment additions, serial numbers, etc.).
- Identify and record equipment components, accessories and asset details.
- Verify equipment descriptions, based on our Equipment Standards Manual.
- Ensure the quality of equipment data and other related information.
- Verify requirements for warranty applicable items.
- Compose and take photos of the equipment.
- Provide assistance as required to the DEI Team.
- Assist the Sales team with appraisals and write-ups in the field between peak periods.
- Promote a culture where the health and safety of our employees and customers is top priority for all.
Here's what you bring:
- High school graduate with some post-secondary education is a must.
- Prior experience in equipment management (inspections, inventory and appraisals) and/or inventory control management, preferably in the auction or heavy equipment business.
- Knowledge of industrial and/or agricultural equipment, trucks and trailers.
- Proficiency using computers, MS Office Suite products (Word, Excel) and digital cameras.
- Top-notch written and verbal communication skills (you will be using a 2-way radio and a desk phone).
- Good penmanship – we need to be able to read your writing and printing easily.
- Excellent organizational skills, a keen eye for detail and a commitment to accuracy.
- Experience working independently and collaboratively in a team-oriented environment. You thrive working as part of a team, and pitch-in wherever needed.
- Strong time management skills; the ability to multi-task effectively and prioritize work are essential.
- A strong customer service orientation.
- You're process-oriented, hands-on, and ready to roll up your sleeves to succeed in this role.
- You like to work hard, and still have fun on the job.
This job will require you to:
- Maintain a valid, clean driver’s license.
- Work both indoors and outdoors year-round, and climb on and off large equipment and trucks.
- Because we are an event-driven company, we'll need you to work regular overtime, including weekend hours, at onsite auction sales. You can expect to work extra hours prior to each sale, during each sale, and for after each sale.
What we offer:
Our success is built on the drive and dedication of our people. As we grow around the globe, there will be many opportunities to advance your career – we’ve proven this throughout our 55+ years in business. And, we'll take care of you along the way. Here’s how:
- Base pay + paid overtime.
- Meals catered at auction time.
To get an idea of what our auctions are like, you can check out some auction videos on YouTube right here: http://bit.ly/KKL9Fz
Want to learn more about the company? Visit our Career site , LinkedIn or connect with us today through Facebook or Twitter .
Established in 1958, Ritchie Bros. (NYSE and TSX: RBA) is a global asset management and disposition company, offering customers end-to-end solutions for buying and selling used heavy equipment, trucks and other assets. Operating in a multitude of sectors, including construction, transportation, agriculture, energy, oil and gas, mining, and forestry, the company’s selling channels include: Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers , the world’s largest industrial auctioneer offers live auction events with online bidding; IronPlanet , an online marketplace with featured weekly auctions and providing its exclusive IronClad Assurance® equipment condition certification; Marketplacee , an online marketplace offering multiple price and timing options; Mascus , a leading European online equipment listing service; and Ritchie Bros. Private Treaty , offering privately negotiated sales. The company also offers sector-specific solutions including GovPlanet , TruckPlanet , Kruse Energy Auctioneers , and Cat® auctions, plus equipment financing and leasing through Ritchie Bros. Financial Services. For more information about the unprecedented choice provided by Ritchie Bros., visit RitchieBros.com .
Ritchie Bros. is an equal opportunity employer and ensures nondiscrimination in all activities in accordance with all applicable laws. This position is open to all qualified applicants who are legally entitled to work in the country in which this job is located. Candidate selection is made by Talent Acquisition. Only electronic applications can be accepted. No agency calls please.
: Yard Operations
: May 11, 2018, 1:22:29 PM
Heavy Equipment Operator – Strathcona, Edmonton Summary: JV Driver has been providing industrial construction services to the Oil & Gas, Energy, Petrochemical, Forestry, and Mining sectors since...
HEAVY DUTY APPRENTICE MECHANIC Location: Edmonton Job Code: 3781 # of openings: 1 Description 1st Year Apprentice Heavy Duty Mechanic Withers LP is a progressive company, which specializes in...
Millwright JM and Apprentices JV Driver Come Build With Us! About JV Driver Group of Companies JV Driver has been providing construction services to the Oil & Gas, Energy, Petrochemical, Forestry,...
Int. Structural Engineer - (ECR0000L1) Description Recognized as a leader in the EPC industry and ranked as the #2 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine, we...
Aggregate Recycling - Labourer II Up to 11 months Job Number : 33789 Looking for a great place to work? A place where our culture means safety, respect, quality and excellence and putting our...
Edmonton Waste Management Center (EWMC) Operator Up to 11 months Job Number : 33550 As an EWMC Operator, you will be responsible for accurate and consistent classification of materials,...
Heavy Equipment Operator – Strathcona, Edmonton Summary: JV Driver has been providing industrial...
HEAVY DUTY APPRENTICE MECHANIC Location: Edmonton Job Code: 3781 # of...
Millwright JM and Apprentices JV Driver Come Build With Us! About JV Driver Group of...
Int. Structural Engineer - (ECR0000L1) Description Recognized as a leader in the EPC industry...
Aggregate Recycling - Labourer II Up to 11 months Job Number : 33789 Looking for a great place...
Edmonton Waste Management Center (EWMC) Operator Up to 11 months Job Number : 33550 As an EWMC...