SNC-Lavalin Inc. is seeking an Environmental Technician in our Halifax, NS office. This position includes a broad range of activities in support of our environmental group, focusing on environmental assessment, environmental permitting, field assessments, and Phased Environmental Site Assessments. Candidates must have strong verbal and written communication skills, have a keen interest in a fast paced work environment, and be proficient in research, document review, organization, and time/budget management. The successful applicant must be able to work interchangeably in a team setting, and independently, work with varying climates and be prepared to conduct field work over extend work periods. Candidates will be expected to liaise with professional staff including engineers, geoscientists, subcontractors and clients.
- Data compilation and analysis;
- Provide assistance with project controls (i.e., schedules, budgets, and invoice development);
- Provide technical assistance to management and professional staff;
- Desktop research;
- Field assessment of biophysical and socio-economic environmental components including ground water sampling, wetland assessment, hazardous materials assessment, and soil sampling;
- Communications including meetings, written communications, and telephone conversations;
- Detailed review of documentation including reports and legislation; and,
- Flexibility for short-term travel and varying hours within Atlantic Canada is required.
- Completion of an accredited diploma or degree in Environmental Science or an equivalent academic program;
- Strong written and verbal skills;
- Willingness and aptitude for learning in a fast-paced work environment;
- Detail oriented with the ability to balance a diverse and changing workload; and,
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: MS Word, MS Project, Excel and Outlook, knowledge of CADD, an asset.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
Job Title Environmental, Health and Safety Coordinator Job Description Responsibilities: Trains, or ensures employees are trained in the transportation of dangerous goods, (TDG), WHIMIS, First...
#WeAreAllBrewers Environment, Health & Safety Manager-18004146 Job Function : Manufacturing Primary Location : Canada-Nova Scotia-Halifax-Halifax Brewery Schedule : Full-time Job...
Req Id: 191392 Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 137 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company’s vast potential. To ensure we...
Job ID:R00049008 Category:Sales Work Location:Halifax, NS Posted Date:March 13, 2018 See why Food Processing Magazine honored Ecolab Pest Elimination as The Top Pest Management Company! Ecolab is...
Overview of the opportunity Working at KPMG allows you to gain valuable on-the-job experience while building your professional network and business acumen. Being part of the KPMG Global member...
Category:Business Analysis (functional and technical) City: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada Employment Type: Full Time Meet our professionals CGI: An employer of choice Position Description: This is...
Job Title Environmental, Health and Safety Coordinator Job Description Responsibilities: Trains,...
#WeAreAllBrewers Environment, Health & Safety Manager-18004146 Job...
Req Id: 191392 Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 137 years of success. We are defined...
Job ID:R00049008 Category:Sales Work Location:Halifax, NS Posted Date:March 13, 2018 See why...
Overview of the opportunity Working at KPMG allows you to gain valuable on-the-job experience...
Category:Business Analysis (functional and technical) City: Halifax, Nova Scotia,...