SNC-Lavalin Inc. is seeking an Environmental Technician in our Halifax, NS office. This position includes a broad range of activities in support of our environmental group, focusing on environmental assessment, environmental permitting, field assessments, and Phased Environmental Site Assessments. Candidates must have strong verbal and written communication skills, have a keen interest in a fast paced work environment, and be proficient in research, document review, organization, and time/budget management. The successful applicant must be able to work interchangeably in a team setting, and independently, work with varying climates and be prepared to conduct field work over extend work periods. Candidates will be expected to liaise with professional staff including engineers, geoscientists, subcontractors and clients.
- Data compilation and analysis;
- Provide assistance with project controls (i.e., schedules, budgets, and invoice development);
- Provide technical assistance to management and professional staff;
- Desktop research;
- Field assessment of biophysical and socio-economic environmental components including ground water sampling, wetland assessment, hazardous materials assessment, and soil sampling;
- Communications including meetings, written communications, and telephone conversations;
- Detailed review of documentation including reports and legislation; and,
- Flexibility for short-term travel and varying hours within Atlantic Canada is required.
- Completion of an accredited diploma or degree in Environmental Science or an equivalent academic program;
- Strong written and verbal skills;
- Willingness and aptitude for learning in a fast-paced work environment;
- Detail oriented with the ability to balance a diverse and changing workload; and,
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: MS Word, MS Project, Excel and Outlook, knowledge of CADD, an asset.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
Junior Building Science Engineer - HAL00014 Primary Location - Canada-Nova Scotia-Halifax With more than 8500 people across five continents and the Pacific region, GHD is one of the world's...
Work that matters, fueled by passion for pets! At Hill’s we have a purpose. Every day around the world, we transform the lives of millions of pet families through pioneering innovation, amazing...
Job description As part of the Sable Decommissioning Project, work activities will include: Researching and compiling facilities specification information as related to project management...
Req Id: 212404 Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 138 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company’s vast potential. To ensure we...
Position: Inside Sales Associate Job Description: Principal Accountabilities: ● Through primarily telephone interaction, this sales professional will support an account portfolio of valued...
Position Description: CGI is offering an exciting opportunity for a senior Information Technology leader to become the new Director of Operational Services for our national Services to Credit...
Junior Building Science Engineer - HAL00014 Primary Location - Canada-Nova Scotia-Halifax With...
Work that matters, fueled by passion for pets! At Hill’s we have a purpose. Every day around...
Job description As part of the Sable Decommissioning Project, work activities will...
Req Id: 212404 Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 138 years of success. We are defined...
Position: Inside Sales Associate Job Description: Principal Accountabilities: ● Through...
Position Description: CGI is offering an exciting opportunity for a senior Information...