CUPE JOB POSTING #857879
Position: ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES AIDE
Site: TORONTO WESTERN HOSPITAL
Department: SUPPORT SERVICES
Reports To: SUPERVISOR
Salary: $22.82 - 23.49 (Start rate: 22.82 per hour in accordance with collective agreement requirements)
Hours: 15 HOURS PER WEEK
Shifts: SAT, SUN, STAT HOLIDAY 0700-1500
Status: PERMANENT PART-TIME
Area: 8A FELL AREA 1
The ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES AIDE performs general and specific duties in assigned areas in accordance with Housekeeping Department standards of practice, policies and procedures. The principal responsibilities include: removing recyclables and garbage/waste from multiple locations; cleaning and maintaining patient rooms, kitchens, bathrooms, offices, etc.; performing floor care, within scope of authority, moving furniture and other items, as required; cleaning, disinfecting and maintaining Operating Rooms (O.R.) according to O.R. standards; cleaning and maintaining elevators and stairs; performing other duties in support of the Housekeeping function; performing cross-functional and other duties as assigned and/or required.
- At minimum completion of high school or recognized equivalent
- 3 months to less than 6 months practical and related experience and/or 3 months to less than 6 months on the job training
- Ability to use tools and equipment common to the work being performed including: vacuum, dry mop, squeegee, space sweeper, etc.
- Knowledge of Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (W.H.M.I.S.).
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and other relevant legislation.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job including: standing, sweeping, pushing/pulling carts, walking on uneven surfaces, reaching forward, reaching above and below the shoulders, able to lift 11 kg to 20 kg
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently to understand verbal work orders and/or instructions.
- Ability to understand material such as short notes, brief forms and/or instructions.
- Ability to do simple mathematical calculations (e.g. adding, subtracting, etc.).
- Compliance with Body Substance Precautions provisions.
- Compliance with sanitary and infection control requirements.
- Ability to perform duties in a professional and courteous manner and produce high quality work while meeting deadlines in accordance to UHN standards.
- Exercise initiative and good judgment with ability to multi-task.
- Effective organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Knowledge of UHN and/or departmental policies.
- Client service oriented, with the ability to effectively work with diversity and appreciate that people with different opinions, backgrounds and characteristics bring richness to the challenge or situation at hand.
- May be required to work at multiple areas as well as rotating shifts in emergency situations
POSTED DATE: June 26, 2020 CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange....
Title & Grade: General Labour Reports To: Production Supervisor Department: Raw Meat Production Department Shift Time: Day Shift, 7:00 am - 3:30 pm Wages: Starting wage: $14.25/hour; 1st Work...
Close Certified Millwright Mechanic - DAY SHIFT ONLY Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager) Industry: Packaged Goods Job Category:...
Job Description Position at Ingram Micro Ingram Micro helps businesses fully realize the promise of technology.TM No other company delivers the full spectrum of global technology and supply...
Brandt Tractor Ltd is currently seeking an Afternoon Foreman reporting to our Mississauga location. The successful applicant for this position is responsible for assisting with coordinating and...
3 Month contract Solid Rumor Oncology Pharmaceutical Our client, a leader in the Pharmaceutical Industry is looking for an experienced Medical Project Manager (For Solid Tumour Oncology) This is a...
A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and...
Title & Grade: General Labour Reports To: Production Supervisor Department: Raw Meat Production...
Close Certified Millwright Mechanic - DAY SHIFT ONLY Job Posting Category: Experienced...
Job Description Position at Ingram Micro Ingram Micro helps businesses fully realize the promise...
Brandt Tractor Ltd is currently seeking an Afternoon Foreman reporting to our Mississauga...
3 Month contract Solid Rumor Oncology Pharmaceutical Our client, a leader in the Pharmaceutical...