Town of View Royal
The Town of View Royal is a growing residential community in the Greater Victoria area with a population of approximately 10,800. Our waterfront community has scenic views of Esquimalt Harbour and Portage Inlet, as well as excellent parks and trails, including the Galloping Goose Regional Trail and Thetis Lake Regional Park. Ten minutes from downtown Victoria, View Royal’s central location also provides good highway access to the Western Communities and to the Saanich Peninsula, including BC Ferries and the Victoria International Airport.
1 Regular Full-Time Position
($44.85 - $46.50/hour)
The Town of View Royal is seeking a highly organized, customer focused Engineering Technologist who demonstrates great attention to detail with the ability to plan and prioritize effectively. Reporting to the Director of Engineering, this position reviews, interprets and approves infrastructure construction designs related to land developments and subdivisions. The incumbent is also responsible for the ongoing operation of the corporate asset management plan.
The Engineering Technologist position performs a variety of duties such as:
- Reviews designs and detailed calculations for civil engineering works related to land development including subdivisions;
- Conducts site visits for design review purposes and inspection during development of offsite works;
- Approves boulevard improvement permits, driveway crossing permits, oversize vehicle permits, street construction permits, street occupancy permits, street use permits, in conjunction with the Development Services Department and Building Division;
- Prepares detailed reports and recommendations on engineering servicing requirements for developments;
- Ensures all capital assets/infrastructure are reviewed to optimize life cycle costs and minimize risks, and that there are long term financial strategies in place for their end of life replacement;
- Estimates future costs for replacement, rehabilitation, or general maintenance requirements for all assets.
As the successful candidate you will have the following qualifications:
- Completion of a two-year diploma in Civil Engineering, or equivalent related experience;
- Minimum of three years in the civil/municipal engineering field, specifically related to the design, operation and maintenance and construction of municipal infrastructure;
- Ability to read blue prints, construction drawings and schematics;
- A valid B.C. Driver’s License.
A detailed job description is available atwww.viewroyal.ca
Applicants should submit a detailed résumé, including cover letter and references, which reflects their knowledge, skills and abilities relevant to the position, no later than 4:00 p.m., Friday, October 2, 2020 to:
Attn: John Rosenberg
Town of View Royal
45 View Royal Avenue
Victoria, BC V9B 1A6
Candidates being considered may be required to undergo an evaluation of skills, qualifications and abilities. Please note that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Organization: Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry Division: Forest Industry Division - Operations Branch - Wood Measurement Section City: Pembroke Job Term: 1 Permanent Job Code: 41113 -...
Organization: Ontario Clean Water Agency Division: Operations, Eastern Region City: Petawawa Job Term: 1 Permanent Job Code: 40402 - Waste & Water Project Operator 1 Salary: $24.18 - $26.89 Per...
Organization: Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry Division: Forest Industry Division -...
Organization: Ontario Clean Water Agency Division: Operations, Eastern Region City: Petawawa Job...