City: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Employment Type: Full Time
This is a great opportunity to become a member of CGI’s Web Design and Development Team. Our team works with world class clients bringing ideas and concepts into life. Our design and build process is user experience focused and takes advantages of the latest technology such as HTML5, Responsive Design and the best of breed Content Management Systems such as Adobe Experience Manager, Drupal and Kentico.
You will be responsible for the design, development, testing and delivery of all our supported Drupal Websites. Site enhancements, support and defect resolution will be required on an ongoing basis. Best practices and design methods are utilized to insure the success of each and every Drupal web projects and initiatives.
Flexibility, adaptability and the ability to learn quickly in various technical and creative environments, while delivering quality work by tight deadlines are required attributes. Those who have applied to earlier postings are encouraged to re-apply.
• Design, code and test existing and new web sites based on detailed business requirements
• Assume responsibility for design and development of web pages, graphics, multimedia and GUIs
• Understand and address web related issues
• Operate effectively for quick turnaround of enhancements, fixes and solutions.
• Utilize storyboarding, wireframes and predesigns to prepare detailed and accurate specifications and estimates
• Demonstrate ability to independently manage multiple tasks and deadlines in a collaborative team environment
• Develop and maintain reference material and documentation, including user guide/help sites.
• Practical and extensive experience in development of Drupal 7 & 8 websites
• Practical experience in design, implementation, testing and deployment of enterprise scale Drupal web applications
• Practical experience in creating and developing custom Drupal modules using PHP
• Practical experience in design and developing service interfaces and system integration in Drupal to/from external systems and web services.
• Practical exposure and/or experience with Responsive Design and mobile development using best practice and modern frameworks such as Twitter Bootstrap and React.
• Practical exposure and/or experience with graphics creation with Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe Creative Suite and HTML5
• Solid understanding of navigation and GUI for maximizing UI usability
• Experience with software development life cycle, including design, testing, deployment, and documentation activities
• Experience with using and managing source codes using repositories such as SVN, GIT and TFS.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Desire and willingness to work in a collaborative, innovative, flexible and team-oriented environment
• Successful completion of a 2 year or longer Computer Science/Information Technology program achieving a Diploma or Degree a plus
• Experience with other Web Content Management Systems such as WordPress, Adobe Experience Manager (AEM), Kentico, or Interwoven is a plus
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?*
* This field is required.
BC Public Service Ministry of Housing Victoria, BC Salary $72,455.73 - $82,891.45 annually plus 6.6% Temporary Market Adjustment Applicants who do not fully meet the required qualifications may be...
Tourism Victoria is an ever evolving, dynamic and growing organization looking to add to our talented team. Are you passionate about Greater Victoria and have experience in graphic design or...
Core Area Wastewater Treatment Project Competition: 18/003 Status: Regular Fulltime Hours of Work:Up to 70 hours bi-weekly Rate of Pay: $32.99-$37.43 per hour (2016 rates) Review of applications...
Camosun College requires a creative and talented part-time Graphic Designer to join our Graphic Services team, supporting the development and maintenance of the Camosun brand. Working closely with...
With 47 ports of call, 35 vessels, and more than 500 sailings every day, BC Ferries is the largest independently-owned ferry company in the world. Dedicated to safety, excellence, innovation, and...
Salary Range: $50,857.18 – $57,781.28 annually Full Time BCGEU Position Location: Victoria COMPETITION #47496 Closing Date – January 23, 2018 The Islands Trust area is a special place – a scenic...
BC Public Service Ministry of Housing Victoria, BC Salary $72,455.73 - $82,891.45 annually plus...
Tourism Victoria is an ever evolving, dynamic and growing organization looking to add to our...
Core Area Wastewater Treatment Project Competition: 18/003 Status: Regular Fulltime Hours of...
Camosun College requires a creative and talented part-time Graphic Designer to join our Graphic...
With 47 ports of call, 35 vessels, and more than 500 sailings every day, BC Ferries is the...
Salary Range: $50,857.18 – $57,781.28 annually Full Time BCGEU Position Location:...