Document Controller - EDM00NO
: Engineering Data Management (EDM)
Employment Type: Staff
Job Level: Experienced
: Mar 21, 2018
: Apr 21, 2018
Reporting Manager Title: Lead Document Controller
WorleyParsonsCord is a leader in industrial construction in Alberta and western Canada. We have been selected as one of Alberta's top 60 employers and named one of Canada's top 100 employers.
Our employees enjoy exciting careers in fabrication, modularization, field installation, and professional support services for some of our world's most challenging heavy-oil facilities, gas plants, power-stations and other industrial projects. As part of the global WorleyParsons team, we enjoy shared resources and opportunities with more than 20 Canadian locations and 40 countries.
WorleyParsonsCord Ltd. is seeking a Document Controller to work within our Document Control Department in Edmonton, Alberta.
· Maintain master registers of documentation and information filing systems for all drawings & revisions received from our clients
· Distribute documents, revisions, and new construction work packages in accordance with the document distribution matrices
· Expedite the review and approval of Quality documents and report the review status of internally developed, supplier and other third party documents
· Record document flow to and from all interested parties. Issue and track location of all documents and drawings. Issue transmittal letters and receipts concerning the documents in circulation
· Maintain a current awareness of document handling techniques and be responsible for adherence to the Document Control Manual
· Secure hard copy and electronic storage of master documents
· Quality check Transmittals and documentation for compliance
· Prepare subcontractor packages to be transmitted out
· Use of document management system database (Encompass)
· Investigate, evaluate and make necessary changes/enhancements to existing database system to resolve system and related process issues
· Ensure database systems are maintained to be highly performing and secure
· Managing clerical job duties as pertaining to document management
· Compiling information packages for key decision makers in the organization
· Filing and photocopying as required
· Other ad hoc job duties as required
- Completion of a two year technical or community college certificate in Database Programming would be an asset
- Expert excel skills (including VBA) would be considered an asset
- Document and data management experience
- Industry experience
- Time management skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, in addition to strong interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated technical understanding and experience with client server environments and SharePoint and FTP Sites
- The desire to work in a strong team environment to achieve organizational goals, with the ability to work with minimum supervision
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to identify system and organizational problems, determine possible solutions, and communicate these ideas effectively.
WorleyParsons strives to be an industry leader in health, safety and environmental performance. Our vision is to achieve zero harm to people and assets, and zero environmental incidents. We select people who share our values, beliefs and commitment to this vision and who demonstrate the expected behaviors, competencies and performance associated with their perspective roles with the company. When you join WorleyParsonsCord, you’ll join an equal opportunity employer that believes in the inherent benefits of a diverse workplace, and that promotes inclusion and flexibility. We encourage applications from a diverse population of people that reflects the range of countries, cultures and contexts spanned by our operations.
Attention Staffing & Recruitment Agencies: WorleyParsonsCord Ltd. will not pay fees for recruitment activities related to the hiring or placement of a candidate unless a written service agreement has been established and executed between a duly authorized representative of WorleyParsonsCord Ltd. and the recruitment/placement firm. In addition, in order to qualify for recruitment fees, all candidate resumes must be submitted to WorleyParsonsCord Ltd. through our Human Resources Recruitment department. Resumes sent to our individual department heads without the express written approval of the recruitment department will be ineligible for a fee.
AutoReqId 60818BR Title for Posting Assembler PSA/Division SURFACE SYSTEMS Division Surface Systems Job Discipline Technology Employment Status REGULAR Region NSAM (North & South...
AutoReqId 60819BR Title for Posting Assembler PSA/Division SURFACE SYSTEMS Division Surface Systems Job Discipline Technology Employment Status REGULAR Region NSAM (North & South...
Engineering Technologist I - Network Operations 2 temp up to 11 months Job Number : 32893 Does providing technical and engineering support for traffic control design projects interest you? ...
AutoReqId 60876BR Title for Posting Manufacturing Technician PSA/Division DRILLING SYSTEM Division Drilling Systems Job Discipline Trainees Employment Status REGULAR Region NSAM (North &...
Oil + Gas CAN - Alberta Edmonton Job Summary AECOM is seeking a Planner, Insulation to be based in Edmonton, Alberta. This is a future opportuntiy position. This position provides the tools and...
Environment CAN - Alberta Edmonton Job Summary AECOM has an opportunity for a Civil/Environmental Engineer to support AECOM’s waste management team in multiple offices across Canada, including...
AutoReqId 60818BR Title for Posting Assembler PSA/Division SURFACE SYSTEMS Division Surface...
AutoReqId 60819BR Title for Posting Assembler PSA/Division SURFACE SYSTEMS Division Surface...
Engineering Technologist I - Network Operations 2 temp up to 11 months Job Number : 32893 Does...
AutoReqId 60876BR Title for Posting Manufacturing Technician PSA/Division DRILLING...
Oil + Gas CAN - Alberta Edmonton Job Summary AECOM is seeking a Planner, Insulation to be based...
Environment CAN - Alberta Edmonton Job Summary AECOM has an opportunity for a...