Document Controller - EDM00NO
: Engineering Data Management (EDM)
Employment Type: Staff
Job Level: Experienced
: Mar 21, 2018
: Apr 21, 2018
Reporting Manager Title: Lead Document Controller
WorleyParsonsCord is a leader in industrial construction in Alberta and western Canada. We have been selected as one of Alberta's top 60 employers and named one of Canada's top 100 employers.
Our employees enjoy exciting careers in fabrication, modularization, field installation, and professional support services for some of our world's most challenging heavy-oil facilities, gas plants, power-stations and other industrial projects. As part of the global WorleyParsons team, we enjoy shared resources and opportunities with more than 20 Canadian locations and 40 countries.
WorleyParsonsCord Ltd. is seeking a Document Controller to work within our Document Control Department in Edmonton, Alberta.
· Maintain master registers of documentation and information filing systems for all drawings & revisions received from our clients
· Distribute documents, revisions, and new construction work packages in accordance with the document distribution matrices
· Expedite the review and approval of Quality documents and report the review status of internally developed, supplier and other third party documents
· Record document flow to and from all interested parties. Issue and track location of all documents and drawings. Issue transmittal letters and receipts concerning the documents in circulation
· Maintain a current awareness of document handling techniques and be responsible for adherence to the Document Control Manual
· Secure hard copy and electronic storage of master documents
· Quality check Transmittals and documentation for compliance
· Prepare subcontractor packages to be transmitted out
· Use of document management system database (Encompass)
· Investigate, evaluate and make necessary changes/enhancements to existing database system to resolve system and related process issues
· Ensure database systems are maintained to be highly performing and secure
· Managing clerical job duties as pertaining to document management
· Compiling information packages for key decision makers in the organization
· Filing and photocopying as required
· Other ad hoc job duties as required
- Completion of a two year technical or community college certificate in Database Programming would be an asset
- Expert excel skills (including VBA) would be considered an asset
- Document and data management experience
- Industry experience
- Time management skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, in addition to strong interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated technical understanding and experience with client server environments and SharePoint and FTP Sites
- The desire to work in a strong team environment to achieve organizational goals, with the ability to work with minimum supervision
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to identify system and organizational problems, determine possible solutions, and communicate these ideas effectively.
WorleyParsons strives to be an industry leader in health, safety and environmental performance. Our vision is to achieve zero harm to people and assets, and zero environmental incidents. We select people who share our values, beliefs and commitment to this vision and who demonstrate the expected behaviors, competencies and performance associated with their perspective roles with the company. When you join WorleyParsonsCord, you’ll join an equal opportunity employer that believes in the inherent benefits of a diverse workplace, and that promotes inclusion and flexibility. We encourage applications from a diverse population of people that reflects the range of countries, cultures and contexts spanned by our operations.
Attention Staffing & Recruitment Agencies: WorleyParsonsCord Ltd. will not pay fees for recruitment activities related to the hiring or placement of a candidate unless a written service agreement has been established and executed between a duly authorized representative of WorleyParsonsCord Ltd. and the recruitment/placement firm. In addition, in order to qualify for recruitment fees, all candidate resumes must be submitted to WorleyParsonsCord Ltd. through our Human Resources Recruitment department. Resumes sent to our individual department heads without the express written approval of the recruitment department will be ineligible for a fee.
Yardman Tracking Code 2173-046 Job Description We have a position available for a Yardman. Operating experience, shipping/receiving, basic mechanical ability and control of inventory experience...
Electrical Safety Codes Officer I Job Number : 33345 It’s about ensuring the safety of citizens, families, and buildings. Make a difference every day! Are you an Electrician looking for something...
Intermediate Control Systems/Instrumentation Engineer - (ECR0000H9) Description Recognized as a leader in the EPC industry and ranked as the #2 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering...
Word/Data Processing Clerk III - Supervisor, Police Information Check Section and Alarm Control Detail, City of Edmonton, 13 daysWord/Data Processing Clerk III - Supervisor, Police Information Check Section and Alarm Control Detail Job Number : 33558 The Edmonton Police Service requires an individual with excellent customer...
Sr. Process Engineer - (ECR0000ED) Description Recognized as a leader in the EPC industry and ranked as the #2 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine for the second...
Word/Data Processing Clerk II - Records Management Clerk Job Number : 33506 The Edmonton Police Service requires a self-motivated and energetic Records Management Clerk in the Central Registry...
Yardman Tracking Code 2173-046 Job Description We have a position available for a Yardman....
Electrical Safety Codes Officer I Job Number : 33345 It’s about ensuring the safety of citizens,...
Intermediate Control Systems/Instrumentation Engineer - (ECR0000H9) Description Recognized as a...
Word/Data Processing Clerk III - Supervisor, Police Information Check Section and Alarm Control Detail, City of Edmonton, 13 daysWord/Data Processing Clerk III - Supervisor, Police Information Check Section and Alarm Control...
Sr. Process Engineer - (ECR0000ED) Description Recognized as a leader in the EPC industry and...
Word/Data Processing Clerk II - Records Management Clerk Job Number : 33506 The Edmonton Police...