Document Control Analyst
Reference Code: 51258
Location: Canada (CA) - Calgary, AB
Job Category: Administration
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is not eligible for our relocation program
This position reports to the Manager of Planning and Optimization on the Energy Engineering and Operations Team. The role requires advanced technical knowledge and is the Information Management Subject Matter Expert (SME) within the Business Unit. As the Corporate requirements for Information Management transform, this role ensures the Business meets the requirements of the corporation in a manner that will satisfy the Business and enhance performance.
- Identify opportunities and make recommendations for improvements in the content server and implement efficiencies to satisfy business requirements;
- Analyze, correct and adjust information on existing TransCanada repositories to ensure information is retrievable and up to date;
- Develop and implement consistent taxonomy and metadata for department information;
- Develop and implement the document management process for Projects inclusive of guidelines;
- Work with Field users to retrieve records and documents and assist with technical issues or questions with system functionalities or inconsistencies;
- Develop strategic plans and work with information owners to ensure that records are properly stored in a consistent format for the department;
- Lead and represent Energy Operations on Corporate information management initiatives inclusive of:
- Accountability for the updating and transfer of information into the Controlled Document Library which includes TransCanada Operating Procedures, Site specific instructions, Business practices and Engineering Standards
- Leading the implementation of transitioning existing documents in various forms into the Open Text content server;
- Developing governance practices for content managed in OpenText
- Working with the Asset Information Team (AIM) in the Technical Centre to ensure corporate deliverables are met
- Providing the technical expertise to the plant managers and Project Managers to align a consistent folder structure and methodology
- Manage physical records: index information in TransCanada’s system, organize and package boxes of records and submit requests to send records off-site as required;
Other tasks as required.
- Analytical and strategic thinking to problem solve and drive continuous improvement;
- Effective in collaborating and leading the standardization of a new tool;
- Extensive knowledge of information management best practices;
- Independent, self-motivated and accountable;
- Accomplished problem-solving skills;
- Good listening skills and Judgement to determine which concerns may be ‘show stoppers’;
- High level of attention to detail;
- Effective organizational, planning and time management skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbally;
- Ability to make sound business decisions and good judgment.
- Post Secondary education and minimum 5 years of related work experience;
- Proven success in document control analysis;
- Expertise in information management;
- Advanced level Microsoft Office skills;
- Experience within the Energy industry is preferred;
- Experience with FileNet, P8 and/or OpenText content server is considered an asset.
*Depending on the qualifications of the applicants, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
Applicants who require accommodation at any stage of the application process or if you would like additional information regarding TransCanada's accommodation policies please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
All positions require background screening. Some include criminal and/or credit checks in order to comply with regulations.
Please apply to this posting by 05/25/2018. To apply, go to jobs.transcanada.com and enter reference code 51258. Only applications submitted through the TransCanada Careers website will be acknowledged.
TransCanada is an equal opportunity employer.
Make what you do matter.
At TransCanada we dream big, think big and do big things. For over 65 years, we've had the vision and scale to deliver big things that matter to the world. From supplying reliable and efficient energy to millions of North Americans with our pipelines, gas storage and power generation facilities, we believe in making big things possible.
TransCanada is looking for people who are willing to think about the future...and think big. We're looking for people who are ready to take on the most significant challenges of their careers and define energy infrastructure in North America.
Thank you for choosing TransCanada in your career search.
Technical Writer Eagle is currently seeking a Technical Writer for a twelve (12) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin in July 2018. Key Responsibilities of a Technical Writer Supports...
Auto req ID 198968BR Job Title OpenText Exstream Author/Designer Report Location 1600 James Naismith, Ottawa, ONT or 130 Adelaide Street West, Toronto, ONT Country Canada Province/State ...
People & Culture Advisor - Development & Learning - Operations - PEO00846-18 Description Ready to enable experiences that help shape our amazing culture? Join our team! At TELUS, we’re looking for...
Senior Performance Analyst (SAS expert, Small Business) - PLA03561-18 Description Create better business outcomes with your analytical acumen and creativity. Join our team! The Market Intelligence...
People & Culture Advisor - Compensation - PEO00847-18 Description Interested in helping shape transformational People & Culture initiatives? Join our team! The Compensation team is passionate...
Accounts Payable Specialist Business Services Finance Business Services Calgary Accounts Payable Specialist The Team This full-time three month contract role within the Calgary office. The...
Technical Writer Eagle is currently seeking a Technical Writer for a twelve (12) month contract...
Auto req ID 198968BR Job Title OpenText Exstream Author/Designer Report Location 1600 James...
People & Culture Advisor - Development & Learning - Operations - PEO00846-18 Description Ready...
Senior Performance Analyst (SAS expert, Small Business) - PLA03561-18 Description Create better...
People & Culture Advisor - Compensation - PEO00847-18 Description Interested in helping shape...
Accounts Payable Specialist Business Services Finance Business Services Calgary Accounts Payable...