King Edward Hotel
With its rich history, timeless elegance, and modern hospitality, the Omni King Edward Hotel has been a favourite of both locals and visitors for over 110 years. Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, this landmark hotel is just steps away from a wealth of diverse restaurants, tourist hotspots, and shopping centres. It's no wonder the Omni King Edward is the perfect destination for business and leisure travellers alike.
The Omni King Edward Hotel's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni King Edward Hotel may be your perfect match
The Director of Banquets is responsible for ensuring proper set up and service of all banquet functions, supervising all banquet associates to ensure guest satisfaction, and maintain service standards. This is a leadership role responsible for training of associates to deliver prompt, courteous service in a manner that complies with Omni food and beverage standards and company policies and procedures.
- 8 plus years of progressive Banquet experience in a luxury property
- Exceptional people skills preferred.
- Must be detail oriented, have excellent communication skills, and the ability to perform professionally under high levels of stress.
- Computer skills required
- FDC and Opera experience preferred.
- Represents management at functions and VIP events.
- Determines set-ups in conjunction with Director of Catering.
- Coordinates functions with service staff, Chef and Head Steward. Sees that guest satisfaction is achieved through effective supervision and delegation of functions, checks on food quality and courteous performance of entire banquet staff.
- Coordinates with the Stewarding Department on fast recovery of food leftover and minimizes waste.
- Briefs waiters on functions and procedure of service.
- Establishes high standards of quality service and maintains them through effective training and continuous upgrading.
- Maintains the equipment entrusted to their care and keeps pars up.
- Maintains records, reports, closing reports and payroll costs.
- Inspects function rooms and writes work orders for the Engineering Department to maintain rooms in excellent condition.
- Conscious of business fluctuations, reacts either increasing or decreasing when volume of business fluctuates up or down.
- Maximizes profits in his department through effective management techniques keeping in mind at all times guest satisfaction.
- Must stay updated on new food and wine trends. Sets the pace and a good example for a successful quality operation.
- Prepares for and conducts departmental meetings.
- Use Synergy and Epitome Reports to effectively relay guest concerns to other departments.
- Manages labour including scheduling and payroll.
- Provides input and development of catering menu.
- Responsible for buffet presentation, room set up standards, and service sequence development and training.
- Implements annual engagement action plans.
- Budgets and forecasts in conjunction with the Director of Catering Sales & Convention Services and Director of Food & Beverage.
- Complies with internal audit procedures.
- Enforces Ecosure standards.
- Develops and mentors direct reports.
- Completes monthly Moments of Service audits.
Station Chef ( Job Number: HOT065AM) Work Locations : Hilton Mississauga Meadowvale 6750 Mississauga Road Mississauga L5N 2L3 A Station Chef with Hilton Mississauga Meadowvale manages food...
Banquets Manager At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience...
Banquet Administrative Assistant (part time) Primary Location : Canada-Toronto-The Fairmont Royal York Employee Status : Regular Banquet Administrative Assistant (part time) Banquets...
Second Cook (Part Time) Primary Location : Canada-Toronto-The Fairmont Royal York Employee Status : Regular Second Cook (part time) Every memorable dining experience at Fairmont Hotels and Resorts...
Bellperson (full-time) Primary Location : Canada-Toronto-The Fairmont Royal York Employee Status : Regular Bellperson (full-time) A smile and helping hand is what our Guests will experience as you...
Job Posting #840839 Position: Ward Clerk Site: Toronto Western Hospital Department: Day Surgery Unit/PACU Reports to: Nurse Manager Scale/Grade: A0:04 Hourly Rate: Commensurate with experience and...
Station Chef ( Job Number: HOT065AM) Work Locations : Hilton Mississauga Meadowvale 6750...
Banquets Manager At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and...
Banquet Administrative Assistant (part time) Primary Location : Canada-Toronto-The Fairmont...
Second Cook (Part Time) Primary Location : Canada-Toronto-The Fairmont Royal York Employee...
Bellperson (full-time) Primary Location : Canada-Toronto-The Fairmont Royal York Employee...
Job Posting #840839 Position: Ward Clerk Site: Toronto Western Hospital Department: Day Surgery...