Director Corporate Affairs Mars Canada
Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years)
Career Level: Director
Industry: Packaged Goods
Job Category: Public Relations
Years Experience: 10-15 Years
Job Type: Full-time
Posting Date: July 28, 2020
Share this job:
Corporate Affairs Director - Canada
The Director of Corporate Affairs (CA) for Canada is responsible for managing the Corporate Affairs Function across three Mars segments in Canada; Mars Wrigley, Mars Pet Nutrition and Mars Food. Reporting directly to theVP, Corporate Affairs, Mars Wrigley North America, with dotted reporting line to theGeneral Manager, Mars Wrigley Canada. The Director of CA Canada will also work closely with the GM’s of Mars Pet Nutrition and Mars Food, as well as the VP, Corporate Affairs, Mars Pet Nutrition North America and VP, Corporate Affairs, Mars Food North America. Direct reports to this role will include two CA Specialist roles, focused on supporting the 3 different segments in Canada. The role will sit formally on the Mars Wrigley Canada Leadership Team and the Mars Wrigley CA North American Leadership Team.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- Minimum of 10 years of business experience in a corporate environment
- Corporate strategy and crisis/issues management experience.
- Successful track record of experience in the corporate affairs field
- Marketing and corporate communications expertise, internal, external and global communications experience preferred.
- Successful experience in leading, managing and developing a team
What would be your key responsibilities?
- Responsible for the development of the Canadian CA strategy, including clearly defined objectives, plans and programs. Canadian CA strategy is aligned with each segment and regional strategy, and includes: internal communications, community engagement, public affairs, corporate reputation, stakeholder engagement, corporate social responsibility, cause marketing, issues and crisis management, brand reputation through public relations, corporate social media communications and bringing to life each segment’s purpose.
- Create and lead Canadian Corporate Reputation strategy – develop and implement communications programs that build share of voice and reputation through thought leadership, GPTW and investment/innovation stories.
- Member of the Canadian Mars Wrigley Leadership team, ensuring that all CA matters are appropriately represented within region; drive collaboration with other functions (including Marketing, P&O, Legal, R&D, Supply, Commercial) and across all One Mars businesses to preserve and enhance Corporate Reputation across the full spectrum of business operations. Take an enterprise mindset as part of the market Leadership Team.
- Provide strategic communications counsel to senior business leaders, including all Canadian GM’s and other key Functional leaders. Train senior leaders and deploy their communications internally and externally to build their credibility and corporate reputation.
What can you expect from Mars?
- Chance to work on world-renowned brands such as Pedigree, m&m’s and Seeds of Change withinMars, Inc.â€‹
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package
- The opportunity to learn and develop, taking charge of your own career across Mars
Mars is a family-owned business with more than $35 billion in global sales. We produce some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’sÂ®, SNICKERSÂ®, TWIXÂ®, MILKY WAYÂ®, DOVEÂ®, PEDIGREEÂ®, ROYAL CANINÂ®, WHISKASÂ®, EXTRAÂ®, ORBITÂ®, 5â„¢, SKITTLESÂ®, UNCLE BEN’SÂ®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIAÂ®. Alongside our consumer brands, we proudly take care of half of the world’s pets through our nutrition, health and services businesses such as Banfield Pet Hospitalsâ„¢, BluePearlÂ®, Linnaeus, AniCura, VCAâ„¢ and Pet Partnersâ„¢.Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire our 125,000 Associates into taking action every day towards creating the world we want tomorrow.
Learn More about Mars Canada Inc.
See all Mars Canada Inc. job postings
Setup a Career Alert for similar jobs
Send to a friend
Share this job:
JOB POSTING# 860300 Position: REGISTERED DIETITIAN, In-patient and Ambulatory Care (Leukemia, Lymphoma, Myeloma, Bone Marrow/Stem Cell Transplant) Site: PRINCESS MARGARET CANCER CENTRE Department:...
JOB POSTING# 860294 Position: REGISTERED DIETITIAN, In-patient and Ambulatory Care (Head & Neck) Site: PRINCESS MARGARET CANCER CENTRE Department: ALLIED HEALTH Reports to: MANAGER Salary: $35.66...
JOB POSTING #860324 Position: Registered Dietitian Site: Toronto Rehab Institute, University Centre Department: ABI and Stroke Service Reports to: ABI Program Services Manager Salary: $35.66 -...
Six core values guide us in everything that we do. Do what’s right Deliver winning results Build collaborative teams Get things done in a fact-based, disciplined way Learn and grow, inwardly and...
Job Location Brampton, Ontario CA Job Category Sales/Account Management ABOUT US (AND OUR EXCITING FUTURE) Menasha Corporation is all about possibilities. Our two businesses, Menasha Packaging and...
Please note that while you may notice the UHN logo or a reference to UHN in this posting, UHN is only hosting this online application on behalf of The Canadian Partnership Against Cancer (the...
JOB POSTING# 860300 Position: REGISTERED DIETITIAN, In-patient and Ambulatory Care (Leukemia,...
JOB POSTING# 860294 Position: REGISTERED DIETITIAN, In-patient and Ambulatory Care (Head &...
JOB POSTING #860324 Position: Registered Dietitian Site: Toronto Rehab Institute, University...
Six core values guide us in everything that we do. Do what’s right Deliver winning results Build...
Job Location Brampton, Ontario CA Job Category Sales/Account Management ABOUT US (AND OUR...
Please note that while you may notice the UHN logo or a reference to UHN in this posting, UHN...