City: Markham, Ontario, Canada
Employment Type: Full Time
In this role, the successful candidates must be able to work with CGI clients to:
• Provide senior technical leadership, guidance, and support in formulating strategic technology approaches and systems architecture for BSS/OSS.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Collaborate with IT, business, and Enterprise Architecture to define and develop technology strategy, technology standards, roadmaps, and practices
• Act as a technical expert addressing problems relating to systems integration, compatibility, multiple platform integration, and hardware/software limitations
• Keep current with trends and relevant technological innovations in the IT industry for proposals and development improvements
• Create and present proposals and assessments to clients and management at all levels
• Analyze and recommend software selection, solutions options, methodologies, strategies and tools
• Provide high-end consulting to clients and innovative technical solution in the OSS/BSS domain
• Interact and consult with appropriate business analysts, project managers and developers to understand business/project requirements and define architectural solutions to meet those requirements
• Identifies prerequisites and/or dependencies for the successful implementation of the project.
• Work with the application solutions delivery teams in the development of services, components, standards, and frameworks required
• Conduct code reviews for all major initiatives
• Identify and communicate risks associated with the responsible OSS/BSS to client and senior management throughout the project delivery lifecycle
• Compose detailed documents for technical standards, solution templates and troubleshooting procedures
• Support and mentor technical team leads and other members in the project
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Highly experienced in providing technical thought leadership across multiple applications and business units.
• Highly experienced with development process, methodologies and governance
• Experience architecting large and complex enterprise applications.
• Experience building and implementing model-driven, enterprise-level business solutions
• Experience in OSM Development, Oracle PIP, and Weblogic Administration
• Experience implementing integration using JMS, MQ etc
• SOA and Web Services / API development and testing experience (SOAP and RESTful services)
• Solid understanding of Data transformation, Troubleshooting
• Experience working on Database platforms (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server) with Programming skills in PL/SQL and basic working knowledge of Oracle DB
• Extensible Markup Language (XML) and XSLT
• XML Schema (XSD) / Unix commands / basic scripting
• Application platforms (e.g. Weblogic Server)
• Agile Development methodologies using methodologies such as Scrum
Nice to have
• Familiarity with multiple operating system platforms, application frameworks and tools would be a definite asset.
• Experience on DevOps tools/ concepts including (i.e. Jenkins, JIRA, Gradle, ChatOps, Microservice)
• Oracle professional certifications
• Team leadership and project management
• Excellent skills in oral and written business communications in English
• Project execution using various development methodologies, including agile development methodologies
• Experience working in global delivery environment (e.g. teaming with resources from India.)
• Negotiation and structured problem determination skills
• Telecom solutions experience would be an asset
• Post-secondary education with a Computer Sciences or technology-related major.
• ITIL, CSM certification are an asset.
Related work experience
• 5 to 10 years’ architectural design and implementation experience with OSM and RODOD
• 10+ years’ experience with software development methodologies
• 10+ years’ experience of understanding Object Oriented programming best practices
• 15+ years’ experience with coding, testing and design
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?*
* This field is required.
Information Technology - Toronto Our Client in the Banking and Finance Industry is seeking a Bilingual Systems Integrator Architect for their Downtown Montreal office. This is a 6 months contract...
Senior Software Developer - Eloqua Platform-18001ICS Preferred Qualifications Oracle Eloqua is the leading provider of modern marketing automation, demand generation and lead management software...
Senior Full Stack Developer - Cloud-18001JKE Preferred Qualifications Oracle Marketing Cloud is looking for a passionate and talented Senior Software Developer to join our global team. In this...
Principal Applications Engineer - Cloud-18001J99 Preferred Qualifications About Product: Oracle Marketing Cloud is looking for a passionate and talented Application Architect to join our...
Principal Consultant - Shared Services - NetSuite-190000QO Preferred Qualifications Part of a techno-fuctional team that develops and tests customized solutions for select NetSuite...
Azure Solution Architect-FC0066645 Description Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology company and a leading provider of IT products and services including...
Information Technology - Toronto Our Client in the Banking and Finance Industry is seeking a...
Senior Software Developer - Eloqua Platform-18001ICS Preferred Qualifications Oracle Eloqua is...
Senior Full Stack Developer - Cloud-18001JKE Preferred Qualifications Oracle Marketing Cloud is...
Principal Applications Engineer - Cloud-18001J99 Preferred Qualifications About Product: Oracle...
Principal Consultant - Shared Services - NetSuite-190000QO Preferred Qualifications Part of a...
Azure Solution Architect-FC0066645 Description Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and...