Director, Product Management
Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years)
Career Level: Director
Industry: Packaged Goods
Job Category: Marketing,Product Development
Years Experience: 8-10 Years
Job Type: Full-time
Number of Positions: 1
Posting Date: May 25, 2020
Share this job:
Director, Product Management
Our client, a leader in the automotive aftermarket industry, located in Brampton, ON is looking to hire a Director, Product Management to join their team on a Permanent, Full-Time basis. Our client considers themselves as innovators and they are looking for someone with expertise in the CPG industry who can take their “out of the box” thinking to the next level with our North American retail customers.
The Director, Product Management will be responsible for managing and overseeing product development and production related initiatives for the organization. You will be leading a team of individuals and will use your expertise to oversee their daily activities and guide innovation to the next level. The successful candidate will be responsible for driving product strategy, compliance requirements, timeline management and working closely with overseas factories to ensure product specifications are accurately communicated. In addition, this role will require you to be flexible and extremely agile while priorities may change regularly. This role will have a cross functional component working with key stakeholders in the organization in the sales, marketing and the logistics team.
1. Product Development:
- Engage the team in search for new products, product enhancements and product redesigns
- Develop and communicate proposed product succession plans to key stakeholders
- Management of timelines concerning product progress
- Execution of requirements for the line review process
- Ensure pre-production samples are tested and evaluated for efficiency
- Act as the point of contact for product related enquiries while working collaboratively with the sales, marketing and logistics team
- Collaborate with the logistics team to identify and develop strategies around inventory management
2. Pricing & Assortment
- Review and monitor sales reports and correlating sales trends
- Analyze pricing and margin models to ensure competitive and profitable product development
- Participate in space productivity analysis to determine appropriate assortments
- Ensure consumer product compliance for all items
- Research current legislation associated with any new and current product offering
- Ensure legal requirements are met for all product development items
- Factory visits to observe compliance with manufacturing
4. Market Research:
- Participate in market research for new product categories and provide insights into emerging markets
5. Channel Marketing:
- Development and execution of merchandise strategies and buying plans
- Develop merchandising solutions for existing and new product category lines
- Provide the sales team with the necessary technical expertise to enable them to sell an existing or new product
6. Supplier & Customer Relationship Management
- Assist the Product Development team to ensure supplier relationships and customer relationships are managed as per company business objectives
- Assist with global sourcing of products
- Manage negotiations of price, product, quality control and timeliness with suppliers
7. Employee Engagement:
- Oversee the day to day tasks of the team members and provide guidance and support for product development initiatives
- Manage a team by conducting regular coaching sessions, evaluating performance, supporting and encouraging goals, etc.
- Provide and maintain an environment that fosters engagement, innovation and development to exceed customer expectations
- Develop a team to support rapid growth expectations
- University or college degree, or equivalent experience
- 7-10 years of product management experience, from a consumer goods company
- Experience with LED Lighting and automotive aftermarket products considered an asset
- Product Compliance and patent experience with overseas production
- Sourcing and negotiation experience with overseas suppliers
- Intermediate experience with Excel and Word
- Mandarin speaking ability considered an asset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Good problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Strong leadership and team management experience
- Strong evidence of time management skills required
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility and adaptability
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to prioritize
Learn More about CPG Connect
See all CPG Connect job postings
Setup a Career Alert for similar jobs
Send to a friend
Share this job:
Job Function To provide on-going support to the Administrative, Customer Service, Sales, Marketing and Accounting teams as directed. Ensure satisfaction of external and internal customers. Job...
JOB POSTING #859418 Position: Financial Analyst III Site: Toronto Western Hospital Department: Altum Health Reports to: Finance Manager Hours: ...
Six core values guide us in everything that we do. Do what’s right Deliver winning results Build collaborative teams Get things done in a fact-based, disciplined way Learn and grow, inwardly and...
JOB POSTING # 859724 Position: Technical Specialist (Digital Security) Department: UHN Digital, Information Security Site: Downtown Toronto location & Other sites throughout the GTA Reports...
5+ years clinical project management experience Experience in oncology and/or CNS is required Experience in P1, 2 and/or 3b trials Kelly Scientific Resources believes in relationships, not...
Job Title : Team Leader - Reitmans - Shoppers World Danforth - Toronto Status : Regular - Full Time Posting Date : 2020-06-25 Reference Number : TOR-08315 Description : Share your...
Job Function To provide on-going support to the Administrative, Customer Service, Sales,...
JOB POSTING #859418 Position: Financial Analyst III Site: Toronto...
Six core values guide us in everything that we do. Do what’s right Deliver winning results Build...
JOB POSTING # 859724 Position: Technical Specialist (Digital Security) Department: UHN Digital,...
5+ years clinical project management experience Experience in oncology and/or CNS is...
Job Title : Team Leader - Reitmans - Shoppers World Danforth - Toronto Status : Regular - Full...