Director, Product Management (Soft Goods)
Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years)
Career Level: Director
Industry: Packaged Goods
Job Category: Marketing,Product Development
Years Experience: 8-10 Years
Job Type: Full-time
Number of Positions: 1
Posting Date: May 25, 2020
Share this job:
Director, Product Management (Soft Goods)
Our client, a leadingSoft GoodsCompany, located inBrampton, ONis looking to hire aDirector, Product Managementto join their team on a Permanent, Full-Time basis.
Reporting to the President, the Director, Product Management will be responsible for maximizing sales and profitability for the soft good line of business through the development and implementation of strategy, analysis, sales, gross margin, and turnover objectives.
In this role, the Director, Product Management will lead a team of 3 Product Managers, a Product Designer and a Project Engineer.
- Formulate, present and obtain approval of marketing plan
- Development of new product and product succession strategies
- Reviewing product data to ensure that the company is kept up to date on new developments regarding the company’s or competitors’ products
- Act as point of first reference for all product related enquiries and work collaboratively with the sales, marketing, graphics teams in the company
- Work with Inventory Management re: identification and response to fast and slow sellers and review of product forecasts
3.Pricing & Assortment
- Develop initial in-house presentations for new items and product line
- Review sales reports and translate trends into current pricing and new assortments to drive profitable sales
- Maintain pricing and margin models to ensure competitive and profitable business practices
- Analyze return on investment of product categories
- Develop and present product category reviews for account presentations
- Participate in space productivity analysis to determine appropriate assortments
- Liaise with the Art team on packaging design concepts
- Ensure consumer product compliance – CPSIA & Canada Consumer Product Safety Act
- Research any legal issues associated with managed products
- Work with legal firm to ensure patent issues are handled
- Ensure legal requirements are met for all retailers
- Factory visits to observe compliance with manufacturing
- Design market research projects to assess customer attitudes to the current product range and new product introductions
- Development & execution of merchandise strategies and buying plans
- Develop merchandising and fixture solutions, for existing and new product category lines
- Provide the sales team with the necessary technical expertise to enable them to sell an existing product. This involves printed and electronic promotional material, product training, and development of relevant product specs.
- Close liaison with the sales team to assess the response to and suitability of current promotional material and to ensure that the printed promotional material is being used optimally
8.Supplier & Customer Relationship Management
- Assist the Product Development Team to ensure Supplier relationships and Customer relationships are managed as per Company Business objectives
- Assist with global sourcing of products
- Manage negotiations of price, product, quality control and timeliness with Suppliers
University or college degree, or equivalent experience
7-10 years of product management experience, from a consumer goods company
Experience with Cut & Sew, or LED Lighting an asset
Product Compliance and patent experience with overseas production
Sourcing & negotiation experience with overseas suppliers
Intermediate experience with Excel and Word
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Good problem-solving skills & decision-making skills
- Strong leadership and team management experience
Learn More about CPG Connect
See all CPG Connect job postings
Setup a Career Alert for similar jobs
Send to a friend
Share this job:
Requisition Number: 81777 Job Description Cintas is seeking a Sales Representative - First Aid and Safety to focus on new business-to-business account development in our First Aid and Safety...
Requisition Number: 85813 Job Description Cintas is seeking a Sales Representative - Uniform to focus on new business-to-business account development in our Uniform Division. Responsibilities...
Requisition Number: 88542 Job Description Cintas is seeking a Sales Representative - Facility Services to focus on new business-to-business account development in our Facility Services Division....
Requisition Number: 77466 Job Description Cintas is seeking a Sales Representative to focus on new business-to-business account development in our Uniform Division. Responsibilities include...
Job Location Brampton, Ontario CA Address 7900 Airport Rd (Brampton), Ontario L6T4N8 Job Category Manufacturing & Production ABOUT US (AND OUR EXCITING FUTURE) Menasha Corporation is all about...
Requisition Number: 83146 Job Description Cintas is seeking a Washroom Operator - 2nd Shift. Our production facilities wash, dry, organize, and warehouse the products we offer to customers....
Requisition Number: 81777 Job Description Cintas is seeking a Sales Representative - First Aid...
Requisition Number: 85813 Job Description Cintas is seeking a Sales Representative - Uniform to...
Requisition Number: 88542 Job Description Cintas is seeking a Sales Representative - Facility...
Requisition Number: 77466 Job Description Cintas is seeking a Sales Representative to focus on...
Job Location Brampton, Ontario CA Address 7900 Airport Rd (Brampton), Ontario L6T4N8 Job...
Requisition Number: 83146 Job Description Cintas is seeking a Washroom Operator - 2nd Shift. Our...