At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
The Director, Merchandising for the Consumer Electronics category will report to the Vice-President of Merchandising at The Shopping Channel in Mississauga. You will be responsible for leading the strategy development and vision of the Consumer Electronics category, delivering financial results, leading a team and vendor/brand management.
- Lead the strategy development and vision of Merchandising for the Consumer Electronics category
- Lead, develop and execute merchandise strategies
- Promote and communicate Today’s Shopping Choice merchandising vision and ensure team is executing
- Make purchasing decisions including product availability, market trends, and alignment with strategies
- Continuous review of brand portfolio to establish brand lifecycle
- Develop growth strategies for existing brands and source new brands
Deliver Financial Results:
- Drive Demand sales to hit Forecast targe
- Deliver Inventory targets by maximizing sales and managing RTV privileges on a timely basis
- Deliver new Launches/new SKUs
- Drive Margin through higher GM%/lower cost on all shows and through web extensions
- Proactive sell through strategies/ tactics to manage balance of current/ aged inventory
Management of team:
- Perform Talent Review as well as individual team member performance reviews (mid-year and annual reviews).
- Support action plans that emerge from talent reviews
- Ensure we have the right talent in the organization to support and drive strategy and growth
- Provide ongoing coaching and development with direct reports
- Ensure we have a robust succession plan
- Work with HR partner on merchandising comp benchmarking across industry to ensure we are competitive and able to attract strong talent to support growth plans
- Lead and drive strategy by optimizing programming though Weekly Show Execution meetings
- Integrate with Planning Group to enhance accuracy of demand plans
- Strategically expand assortment to drive off air sales
- Grow Hero brands; develop Next 10 as well as Destination/Emerging brands/categories
- Manage vendor driven aspects of customer experience
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree.
- 7 to 10 years of retail merchandise experience with demonstrated financial acumen as Merchandising Manager
- Strong leadership, collaborative and people development skills with proven leadership ability that inspires others to strive for results.
- Experience in training, development and coaching of others
- Well-developed negotiation and vendor relationship skills
- Strategic business thinker who is results oriented
- Innovative and strong creative problem solving skills
- Superior communication skills
- Results orientated and track record of overachieving
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer service, communication, Teamwork, initiative/self-management, accountability, flexibility and adaptability.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 59 Ambassador Dr (096), Mississauga, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 25%
Posting Category/Function: Retail (Store Management / Corporate) & Store Management
Requisition ID: 131899
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.
Posting Notes: [[req_strategyPage]] || [[country]] || ON || Mississauga || [[mfield2]] ||
Close Sr. Specialist Trade Compliance Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager) Industry: Packaged Goods Job Category: Regulatory Years...
Career Category Value and Access Job Description Position: Sr Mgr, Oncology Biosimilars Policy and Access Reports to: Director of Government Affairs & Advocacy,...
Business Analyst - FGL Distribution Centre - Mississauga - C04R1U Interested in being a part of a team that is leading the evolution of retail in Canada? Embracing and driving change is critical...
JOB DESCRIPTION: At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the...
Assistant Brand Manager, Dish RB is different: ‘good enough’ isn’t good enough here. RB is the world's leading consumer health and hygiene company. Every day, across 60 countries, we work with...
Assistant Director of Finance & Accounting - Sheraton (18002ZJK), Sheraton Gateway Hotel in Toronto International Airport, 18 daysAt Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we’ve got – on...
Close Sr. Specialist Trade Compliance Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+...
Career Category Value and Access Job Description Position: Sr Mgr, Oncology...
Business Analyst - FGL Distribution Centre - Mississauga - C04R1U Interested in being a part of...
JOB DESCRIPTION: At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through...
Assistant Brand Manager, Dish RB is different: ‘good enough’ isn’t good enough here. RB is the...
Assistant Director of Finance & Accounting - Sheraton (18002ZJK), Sheraton Gateway Hotel in Toronto International Airport, 18 daysAt Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one...