Full Time | Downtown Toronto Central Bay Street, ONTARIO | 4 months | Deadline: 29 Mar 2019
This position has expired. Do not apply!
$89,600 Average salary of similar jobs | Check Salary...
Director, Cyber Security Innovation
Position Type: Regular
Position Status: Full Time
: Canada-Ontario-Toronto-483 Bay Street Bell Trinity Sq North Twr 7th Fl
: Mar 29, 2019, 11:59:00 PM
We’re on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we’re looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what’s right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You’ll Be Doing
CIBC’s Enterprise Security & Risk Services (ESRS) team protects Our Bank, Our Employees, and Our Clients by leveraging innovative solutions to mature the information & cyber security landscape within CIBC. As Director, Cyber Security Innovation, you will join CIBC’s Information Security department to build and evolve the enterprise-wide cyber security program. Your key accountabilities include enhancement and management of an enterprise wide cyber security program aligned to strategic business objectives. As a people leader, you will coach, motivate, and guide a team of senior information security professionals.
How You’ll Succeed
Cyber Security Innovation – Provide strategic thought leadership, building and regularly updating the bank’s enterprise vision and roadmap related to cyber security innovation. Gain and maintain executive support for the cyber security innovation program through creation of business cases, delivery of presentations to senior management, etc.
Relationship building – Build and maintain strong relationships with external stakeholders, including academic institutions, government entities, security product/vendor firms, and other financial institutions. Build and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders, especially potential partners in planning and executing innovation initiatives, and/or consumers of innovation outputs.
Leadership – Provide leadership and day-to-day management of cyber security innovation initiatives.
Who You Are
You can demonstrate experience in information security (5+ years), people management and financial services. You have the ability to think strategically, with a track record of identifying the target state and delivering results towards that target.
You can demonstrate knowledge in a broad range of information security domains, and/or specialization in one or more specific security domains. This includes understanding of the current security threat and vulnerability landscape, including key security standards (e.g. NIST CSF) and commonly used attack methods and techniques (e.g. MITRE ATT&CK). You have a Bachelors or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
You are a creative problem solver who gets excited by original ideas and imaginative ways to solve complex technical challenges. You enjoy investigating complex problems, and making sense of information, and are confident in your ability to communicate detailed information in an impactful way.
- You put our clients first . You engage with purpose to find the right solutions. You go the extra mile, because it's the right thing to do.
- You understand that success is in the details . You notice things that others don't. Your critical thinking skills help to inform your decision making.
- You embrace and champion change. You'll continuously evolve your thinking and the way you work in order to deliver your best.
- Values matter to you . You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork, and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You’ll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone’s unique talents, and empowers teams to do what’s right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect : Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
- This is a regular full time role with a schedule of 37.5 hours each week.
- Prior to starting in this role, security checks, including a criminal record check must be successfully completed to the satisfaction of CIBC. An annual criminal record check may also be required.
. What is the opportunity? In this role, you will contribute to and execute the GCS strategy for engaging RBC with key security partners in areas of education, research and GCS capability...
What is the opportunity? You will help improve the overall effectiveness of the Identity and Access Management (“IAM”) awareness and education program for RBC employees, business partners and...
What is the opportunity? Exciting opportunity to join a growing team enhancing the cyber security of Canada’s largest bank! This is a deep technical role with a focus on data protection in both...
What is the opportunity? The Director, Security Consulting, Engineering & Design will develop, plan, implement and maintain the Physical Security policy, procedures, standards and protocol...
What is the opportunity? RBC’s Mobile Banking App is awarded the ‘Highest in Customer Satisfaction’ among the Big Five Banks and is the pioneer in a number of mobile app developments earning...
What is the opportunity? You will take a senior role in the development and enhancement of the Client and Book Reference Data platform. Key responsibility of this position is participating in...
. What is the opportunity? In this role, you will contribute to and execute the GCS strategy for...
What is the opportunity? You will help improve the overall effectiveness of the Identity and...
What is the opportunity? Exciting opportunity to join a growing team enhancing the cyber...
What is the opportunity? The Director, Security Consulting, Engineering & Design will develop,...
What is the opportunity? RBC’s Mobile Banking App is awarded the ‘Highest in Customer...
What is the opportunity? You will take a senior role in the development and enhancement of the...