Category:Service Desk / End User Services
City: Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Employment Type: Full Time
Delivery Manager - Desktop Delivery
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Managing a team of professionals working in the desktop department;
- Hiring new employees, organizing work, managing priorities, conflicts and human resources, staying within budget, etc.
- Managing resources reporting to him/her in a rigorous and effective manner;
- Planning and using resources effectively (number, profile, management ratios, payroll);
- Participating in evolving and defining the departments overseen;
- Providing overall project management;
- Coordinating files (budget, resources, processes);
- Complying with the Member Partnership Management Framework (recruitment, integration, career plan, performance evaluation, meetings, pay equity, satisfaction assessment);
- Identifying and coaching potential succession candidates;
- Managing suppliers;
- Monitoring service quality;
- Managing operational activities;
- Meeting delivery commitments (capacity, performance, availability, deadlines);
- Complying with the business unit’s standards and procedures;
- Implementing and monitoring dashboards;
- Setting operational priorities.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent;
- Minimum of 10 years of IT experience;
- Team management experience;
- Excellent knowledge of service integration and delivery processes in mid-range system environments;
- Advanced knowledge of technologies related to centralized infrastructures;
- Awareness of major trends in the IT industry;
- Solid knowledge of Intel technology;
- Solid knowledge of Wintel and OS are key skills sought;
- Excellent knowledge of English and French, both written and spoken;
- Leadership skills;
- Communication skills;
- Highly organized;
- Open to change;
- Able to prioritize;
- Good interpersonal communication skills;
- Able to deal with uncertainty;
- Promote team work and understand how to put together well-performing teams;
- Develop employees' skills;
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?*
* This field is required.
Job Description Cost Manager, Symphony project is responsible for effectively ensuring controls are followed throughout the Program and that reporting/financial management is constant. Cost...
Software Developer - Autodesk Film & Games 18WD30191 Americas-Canada-Quebec-Montréal Summary This developer position in Autodesk M&E Enterprise Engineering provides an opportunity to collaborate...
Sr Manager, Innovation & IT Strategy - (18008232) Description McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson...
Advisor, Internal Communications-S-CAN-1256 Description BOMBARDIER At Bombardier, our thousands of employees on five continents work together to move the world forward, one good idea at a time. If...
Req Id: 214510 Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 138 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company’s vast potential. To ensure we...
Req Id: 214512 Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 138 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company’s vast potential. To ensure we...
Job Description Cost Manager, Symphony project is responsible for effectively ensuring controls...
Software Developer - Autodesk Film &...
Sr Manager, Innovation & IT Strategy - (18008232) Description McKesson is in the business of...
Advisor, Internal Communications-S-CAN-1256 Description BOMBARDIER At Bombardier, our thousands...
Req Id: 214510 Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 138 years of success. We are defined...
Req Id: 214512 Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 138 years of success. We are defined...