CAD$99,700 - CAD$160,300 per annum
Ontario , Canada
Be one of the first ten applicants
Facilities Decommissioning & Environmental Remediation (FD&ER) is responsible for the execution of all activities associated with the Decommissioning of facilities that have been transferred to FD&ER at CRL.
The Decommissioning Field Engineer reports to the Decommissioning Program Manager, in Facilities Decommissioning, and has responsibilities for planning and delivery of work packages in the Facilities Decommissioning portfolio. Facilities Decommissioning projects encompasses planning, managing, and completing large and complex decommissioning projects to the full satisfaction of Project Clients.
The Decommissioning Field Engineer ensures that field activities are planned and implemented in accordance with CNL policies and procedures, and project management processes, to meet Customer requirements.
The Supervisor’s duties include:
- Review and Comment (R&C) on documents related to the CRL Decommissioning Facilities program;
- As Officer-in-Charge (OIC) or Emergency Steward of various facilities, the Supervisor must lead facility response to emergencies, both internal and external;
- Respond to calls during non-business hours and resolve emergency calls;
- Work with Trades, Projects, Radiation Protection and other support groups to resolve problems and issues related to the decommissioning program;
- Maintain, update and ensure CRL Decommissioning Facilities is following the preventative maintenance program and completing all maintenance, Storage-with-Surveillance (SwS) and compliance activities on-time;
- Supervise and delegate work to teams (up to 20 Staff);
- Lead demolition activities in the field in multiple areas of any given job site;
- Supervise operation of heavy demolition equipment;
- Supervise site reduction and packaging of radioactive/and non-radioactive demolition waste in accordance with Waste Management Plans (WMP’s);
- Own and manage job sites, including perimeter barriers, signage, staff work practices and traffic and pedestrian control;
- Lead Plan of Day (POD) meetings with teams, ensure pre-jobs/post-jobs are completed;
- Support the development and implementation of training;
- Leading and or assisting in conducting interviews, goal setting performance management, career development, disciplinary and promotion actions fo
- Radioactive Materials
- Waste Management
- Nuclear Decommissioning
Are you willing to relocate to Canada?
Have you a degree in Engineering or Applied Science?
Have you 8 years of engineering experience within the Nuclear Industry?
Have you sound knowledge of Civil, Mechanical or Electrical engineering?
Have you experience in Nuclear Decommissioning & Radioactive Material handling?
Please answer all of the application questions.
Shortlisted Shortlist Share job
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs .Report this job
Get Job Alerts
Apply now Shortlisted Shortlist Share job
Canadian Nuclear Laboratories View all jobs
Facilities Management Online, self-paced £10.00 Facilities Management Online, self-paced £10.00 Facilities Management Online, self-paced £10.00 View Facilities management courses
WE ARE PEOPLEREADY Staffing. It’s what we know. Because we’ve been providing staffing solutions, putting people to work, for nearly 30 years. Whether you’re looking for work, or you’re seeking...
Six core values guide us in everything that we do. Do what’s right Deliver winning results Build collaborative teams Get things done in a fact-based, disciplined way Learn and grow, inwardly and...
Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods? Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious...
We have a position available for a Corporate Product Manager – Production Class Equipment (PCE) based in our Edmonton location. Reporting to the Director of Sales – Construction, this position is...
Nombre de poste(s) à combler : 1 N° de l'offre : 7608168 Appellation d'emploi à l'interne (si différente) : Contremaitre - Équipe égout/aqueduc Eurovia Québec Construction Inc. 2300 Chemin Bel...
Nombre de poste(s) à combler : 1 N° de l'offre : 7610196 Appellation d'emploi à l'interne (si différente) : Homme d'instrument/Arpenteur Eurovia Québec Construction Inc. 2300 Chemin Bel...
WE ARE PEOPLEREADY Staffing. It’s what we know. Because we’ve been providing staffing solutions,...
Six core values guide us in everything that we do. Do what’s right Deliver winning results Build...
Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods? Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged...
We have a position available for a Corporate Product Manager – Production Class Equipment (PCE)...
Nombre de poste(s) à combler : 1 N° de l'offre : 7608168 Appellation d'emploi à l'interne (si...
Nombre de poste(s) à combler : 1 N° de l'offre : 7610196 Appellation d'emploi à l'interne (si...