Decision Support Systems Co-op/Internship Student
Reference Code: 46597
Location: Canada (CA) - Calgary, AB
Job Category: Engineering; Information Technology/Systems; Student Opportunities
Employment Type: Co-op Student Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is eligible for our domestic relocation program
STUDENT CO-OP/INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY: 16-month term, starting May 2018.
The successful candidate will work with the Decision Support Systems (DSS) group within the Engineering Standards & Services team. The team is responsible for the overall integrity of TransCanada's Decision Support Systems.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to learn about energy, natural gas and oil pipeline operations. In addition, the candidate will have opportunities to apply his/her knowledge in computer systems in a production environment. The DSS group is looking for a motivated individual who will help deliver and support the DSS systems in a cost-effective and timely manner.
- Support and upgrade infrastructure including hardware, operating systems, software, and databases;
- Troubleshoot, implement and configure data interfaces from field sites to central systems;
- Be responsible for first line support calls and incident tickets from all clients including our Control Centers;
- Conduct analysis of customer requirements, the production of functional specifications, and the development of a satisfactory information solution (i.e., impacting areas of software, hardware, communications and business processes);
- Perform testing of all project work in a development environment and be responsible for the safe, reliable implementation of all work in a real-time production environment;
- Work with pipeline operations, engineering, and field personnel to test, tune and trouble-shoot the real-time applications;
- Participate in post-analysis of a variety of technical problems;
- Assist with information gathering and report generation;
- Other tasks as required.
Qualifications and Education
- Must be enrolled in a registered co-op/internship engineering program at a recognized post-secondary institution;
- Understanding of telecommunications including TCP/IP, IP addressing, firewalls, server-client architecture, and industrial protocols;
- Knowledge of data acquisition from industrial electronic devices;
- Strong interpersonal and communicative skills to work efficiently in a collaborative team environment;
- Strong attention to detail and well-developed written and verbal skills;
- Ability to multitask effectively and deliver results under pressure;
- Excellent analytical and investigative skills;
- Self-motivated and willingness to embark on a steep learning curve.
- 3rd or 4th year student enrolled in an Engineering, Computer Science or Mathematics program;
- Experience with Microsoft Windows server 2008 and higher;
- Experience with programming in Java, C#, Perl, VB, windows batch script, PowerShell;
- Experience in web development using HTML, CSS, jQuery, JSP, ASP, Web Services, IIS, Apache;
- Experience in creating, querying and managing databases or historians;
- Experience with simulation applications.
*Depending on the qualifications of the applicants, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
Applicants who require accommodation at any stage of the application process or if you would like additional information regarding TransCanada's accommodation policies please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
All positions require background screening. Some include criminal and/or credit checks in order to comply with regulations.
Please apply to this posting by 01/26/2018. To apply, go to jobs.transcanada.com and enter reference code 46597. Only applications submitted through the TransCanada Careers website will be acknowledged.
TransCanada is an equal opportunity employer.
Make what you do matter.
At TransCanada we dream big, think big and do big things. For over 65 years, we've had the vision and scale to deliver big things that matter to the world. From supplying reliable and efficient energy to millions of North Americans with our pipelines, gas storage and power generation facilities, we believe in making big things possible.
TransCanada is looking for people who are willing to think about the future...and think big. We're looking for people who are ready to take on the most significant challenges of their careers and define energy infrastructure in North America.
Thank you for choosing TransCanada in your career search.
City: Calgary, Alberta, Canada Employment Type: Student Internship Meet our professionals Canada-That's CGI Position Description: CGI is the World’s 5th largest independent IT and business process...
Engineering Co-op Student - (ECR000116) Description Recognized as a leader in the EPC industry and ranked as the #2 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine for the...
LOCATION: Calgary, Alberta (CA-AB) JOB NUMBER: 25481 Job Overview Are you looking for an opportunity to join Suncor's crude optimization team where you will gain a detailed understanding of...
Job description As an Imperial geoscience technologist you will work with and enable your geoscience team to explore for, develop, or produce hydrocarbon opportunities. You will be provided...
LOCATION: Calgary, Alberta (CA-AB) JOB NUMBER: 25446 Job Overview Co-op positions at Suncor are more than just a work term. They provide you with meaningful and challenging work experiences to...
LOCATION: Calgary, Alberta (CA-AB) JOB NUMBER: 25369 Job Overview Co-op positions at Suncor are more than just a work term. They provide you with significant and challenging work experiences to...
City: Calgary, Alberta, Canada Employment Type: Student Internship Meet our...
Engineering Co-op Student - (ECR000116) Description Recognized as a leader in the EPC industry...
LOCATION: Calgary, Alberta (CA-AB) JOB NUMBER: 25481 Job Overview Are you looking for an...
Job description As an Imperial geoscience technologist you will work with and enable your...
LOCATION: Calgary, Alberta (CA-AB) JOB NUMBER: 25446 Job Overview Co-op positions at Suncor are...
LOCATION: Calgary, Alberta (CA-AB) JOB NUMBER: 25369 Job Overview Co-op positions at Suncor are...