This opportunity is to join our Data Center Program area as a PMO Project Manager.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Plans and coordinates all aspects of technical projects from initiation through delivery.
• Manages project initiation activities including identifying contractual obligations, client needs and goals, existing situation, necessary contacts and access to existing information as needed.
• Ensures requirements for internal technology projects align to operational standards. Develops alternate requirements or document exceptions as appropriate.
• Develops, defines and executes project plans, project scope, activities, schedules, budgets and deliverables.
• Interacts with product development, sales, client relationship teams, technology solutions, service delivery and/or other cross-functional teams.
• Identifies needed resources for projects, defines and assigns major project roles.
• Coordinates activities and tasks among project team members, other internal departments and client or vendor/subcontractor organizations as needed to meet project goals and ensure project completion is on schedule, within budget constraints and of the appropriate quality standards for the project scope.
• Assigns and monitors work of project team providing technical and analytical support and direction. Interfaces with external clients or field-based employees on technical matters as needed.
• Manages project risks, issues/problems and activity progress to ensure project goals, e.g., deadline, scope and quality are achieved. Assists with problem resolution or risk mitigation as needed.
• May manage the integration of vendor/subcontractor tasks and track and review vendor/subcontractor deliverables, if appropriate for the project.
• May include customizing base products to meet client requirements, system integration with other FIS or third-party products or consulting projects and engagements.
• Serves as liaison between technical and non-technical teams, in internal organizations as well as in client and vendor/subcontractor organizations to ensure all project targets and requirements are met.
• Delivers informational and decision-seeking presentations to technical and business groups in FIS and/or in client organizations.
• Conducts project closure activities to formalize and communicate the project acceptance, handover documentation and ongoing activities to accountable teams and complete a post-implementation review to identify areas of improvement.
• May directly oversee employees assigned to manage specific project that have a distinct beginning and end. Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
• Identifies project management coordination process gaps or areas for improvement, recommends and implements solutions.
• May work at client sites from time to time requiring some travel.
• Other related duties assigned as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems or business administration or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. PMP (Project Management Professional) certification may be required.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Extensive knowledge of project management standards, processes, procedures and guidelines
• Knowledge of the industry project management best practices, i.e., Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)
• Knowledge of various types of IT project methodologies and life cycles, e.g., conversions, incremental, rapid delivery, classic or traditional waterfall phases of analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and the correct project application
• Knowledge of standards relevant to the software industry , e.g., ISO, CMM, Six Sigma
• Knowledge of financial services industry
• Knowledge of company’s products and services
• Advanced skill in the use of project management software to manage projects, e.g., MS Project and auxiliary tools, such as earned value database, audit tools, project repository, including risk, issues and action items database, SLIM Estimate, Metrics and Control, PlanView, Platinum Process Continuum
• Demonstrated skill in managing project budgets and timelines
• Skill in the use of negotiation techniques to reach agreement when there are widely-differing viewpoints
• Excellent analysis, problem-solving, team, conflict management and time management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to interact effectively with executive level clients
• Ability to set clear expectations, manage team performance and build high morale among team members
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and carry out assignments that are sensitive in nature
FIS JOB LEVEL DESCRIPTION
Advanced professional role. Highly-skilled with extensive proficiency. May coach and/or mentor junior project management and support staff. Generally manages large projects, i.e., approximately 10,000 to 40,000 project hours with a team of 50 to 150 team members, an internal cost of $1,000,000 to $4,000,000, and a project duration of 6 to 12 months of medium to high risk, high complexity, and high client and/or FIS visibility. Works under minimal supervision on complex projects. Wide latitude for independent judgment. Typically requires eight or more years work experience managing technical projects in financial services or a related industry or a related technical field, e.g., application development, technology integration, business analysis, client technology consulting.
With a 50-year history rooted in the financial services industry, FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. We champion clients from banking to capital markets, retail to corporate and everything touched by financial services. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, our 53,000 worldwide employees help serve more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries. Our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index.
Organization Overview Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public...
Senior Scheduler, Transit - Toronto, ON 1800048E The Challenge? Help support our Transit and Rail clients and have a hand in transforming tomorrow . Senior Scheduler-Transit, Toronto, Ontario Role...
Field Engineer - (ECR0001NZ) Description This position oversees the team of Construction Management Professionals and Support levels in project/program construction activities. This position...
Jump-start your career with BDO! At BDO, we focus on choosing the right people for the right projects, whether working with our clients or with colleagues. We invest in the best and brightest...
Project Engineer - MIS001K Company: WorleyParsons Primary Location : CAN-ON-Mississauga Job : Project Engineering Schedule : Full-time Employment Type: Staff Job Level: Experienced Job...
Project Manager, Infrastructure Public Works - Waste Management Are you a seasoned Project Manager with extensive experience in the planning, design and construction of municipal waste processing...
Organization Overview Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and...
Senior Scheduler, Transit - Toronto, ON 1800048E The Challenge? Help support our Transit and...
Field Engineer - (ECR0001NZ) Description This position oversees the team of Construction...
Jump-start your career with BDO! At BDO, we focus on choosing the right people for the right...
Project Engineer - MIS001K Company: WorleyParsons Primary...
Project Manager, Infrastructure Public Works - Waste Management Are you a seasoned Project...