Ceridian. Makes Work Life Better™
This is our promise. Not only for our customers, but our employees as well.
Ceridian is a cloud company powered by people. Join us as we transform the world of work for millions of employees around the world. Our products help employees be paid on time, apply for promotions, grow their careers, and support their work/life fit. Our solutions and our people work together to help organizations control costs, save time, optimize their workforce, minimize risk and grow their businesses.
As a software company specializing in human capital management (HCM), Ceridian has not only invested heavily in cloud software development but in its people as well. We have a variety of career growth (Top Talent, Career Pathing, Tuition Reimbursement, & Job Rotation) and Diversity/Inclusion (YOUnity and Ceridian’s Women Network) programs to support your career journey at Ceridian.
We are looking for fun, intelligent, team oriented people who believe in our values: Customer Focus, Transparency, Diligence, Optimism, and Agility.
Find out why Ceridian employees declare Ceridian a Great Place to Work® in 2017, a Glassdoor Best Places to Work in 2017, and one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for 2017!
DAVE MACKAY PAYROLL/HR SCHOLARSHIP
Please note, this position/scholarship is only open to candidates who meet the enrollment requirements below in the 'Eligibility' section.
If you have questions about this posting, please contact Katherine Innis at email@example.com
The Dave MacKay Payroll/HR Scholarship has been created in memory of Ceridian’s former president, Dave MacKay, and recognizes the exceptional achievements of a student enrolled in a full-time Human Resources/Payroll Program that integrates components of the Canadian Payroll Association’s (CPA) Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) certification.
Reflecting on Dave MacKay’s vision of the convergence of the payroll and human resources functions and his support for education and staff development, this memorial scholarship crystallizes this integration and provides an opportunity for a PCP candidate to attain a position at Ceridian that furthers their knowledge and experiential development in these two professional disciplines.
What Ceridian Can Offer You:
- Collaborate with the brightest team in Human Capital Management
- Flat hierarchy: work, eat, and engage with company execs
- Ceridian offers the best of both worlds - the excitement of working in a growing start-up environment, combined with the opportunities of a large organization
- 3 weeks’ vacation and comprehensive benefits plan
- Fun@Work; Company and Department social events, stocked lunch rooms (free pop/juice and subsidized snacks), foosball/shuffle board, sports teams, office sports teams and subsidized fitness programs to keep you active
- Bring your whole self to work; casual dress code, a diverse workforce, and some of the greatest people around to make your work day better!
Applicants to the Dave MacKay Payroll/HR Scholarship MUST BE ENROLLED in one of the following schools/programs:
University of Winnipeg, Winnipeg – part of the full-time Human Resources Management Diploma Program (students take the first course of the PCP certificate, Payroll Compliance Legislation, and would have to take the other courses (Payroll Fundamentals 1 and Payroll Fundamentals 2) through the CPA’s online delivery stream or Red River College in Winnipeg
George Brown College, Toronto – Have completed a minimum of 2 courses in GBC’s Payroll Practitioner Stream (PPS), Payroll Compliance Legislation and Payroll Fundamentals 1 as part of the Business Administration - Human Resources Program. Students take the first course of the PCP Certificate, Payroll Compliance Legislation, as a business elective in the full-time program, and can take the other courses, Payroll Fundamentals 1 and Payroll Fundamentals 2, through either the daytime or continuing education program at George Brown College, or through the CPA's online delivery system.
Centennial College, Toronto – part of the Business Administration – Human Resources Program (students can take all 3 of the payroll courses at Centennial).
In addition, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Have maintained a consistently high level of academic achievement: Overall 3.0 Grade Point Average (GPA) or higher
- Be legally eligible to work in Canada upon graduation and have completed of all relevant academic requirements for an academic diploma/certificate and the PCP certification
- Demonstrate strong communication skills through a 500-word essay that addresses one of the following:
OPTION 1: Discuss what motivated you to pursue studies in Human Resources Management and Payroll and explain your career goals. In addition, please describe strategies you are using, or intend to use, to achieve your academic and professional goals.
OPTION 2: Describe an experience, either on campus or in your community, where you undertook a leadership role. Include in your discussion how you made a difference, what impact you had on others and how you feel that the knowledge gained through your HR and payroll studies were applicable in this position.
If selected as a recipient, the student will receive a scholarship award, in memory of Dave MacKay, and a job offer to join one of two teams dedicated to our award-winning Human Capital Management tool, Dayforce:
· Application Support – work with our external HCM clients to helping them to resolve complex application issues. A great position for the HR professional who loves technology and solving problems.
· Implementation – work with our external HCM clients to better understand their HCM needs, post-sales. Consult with clients through discovery sessions, implement our HCM solutions and modules, including Payroll, Benefits, Recruiting, Performance Management, etc.
To be valid, all applications must be submitted online to the Ceridian Careers website by the deadline of 11:59 p.m. EST, February 28, 2018. The application must include the following (in PDF format):
- A response to the essay question as outlined in the eligibility criteria above (500 Words based on selection criteria).
- Submissions will be evaluated based on the following: clarity of thought and communication of content, essay structure, demonstrated interest in the payroll and human resources profession, grammar and spelling, and succinctness of response within word limit.
- Transcript of Grades from both the relevant academic institution (and CPA if online courses have been completed as part of the PCP certificate requirements).
- Transcript options:
o Students currently enrolled in one of the academic programs listed above must include all transcripts of grades from each school attended. Online transcripts must display student name, school name, grade and credit hours earned for each course, and the term in which each course was taken.
o If your school does not use a standard academic grading system (e.g., A, B, C or %‐based scores), a clear explanation of the grading scale must also be submitted.
- Document outlining your involvement in the community and any extracurricular activities
Additional optional documents can include:
- Special Circumstances Letter; if you would like to share a story of how you overcame adversity or a challenge, please include it
- Letters of Recommendation from Professors, Mentors, Past Managers/Leaders, etc.
Ceridian combines the excitement of a startup environment, with the growth opportunities of a large organization. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs, great opportunities for career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success.
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace all individuals and what makes them unique. We consider all applicants, regardless of age, religion, race, color, ancestry, gender, gender identity, disability, national origin, race, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial or local laws. We enthusiastically encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions. Come join our inclusive team and start collaborating with us on award winning projects!
Connect with us on Twitter @CeridianCareers or Facebook CeridianCareers
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Req Id: 186301 Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 137 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company’s vast potential. To ensure we...
Simply put, customers, innovation, and success are at the heart of what we do at The Source and why we do it. These three words shape our business decisions and our everyday actions. They are...
Manager of Patient Care - Patient Services - Children’s and Respirology Clinic, Health Sciences Centre, about 1 monthPosition #20004764 Qualifications: A Baccalaureate degree in a relevant health care profession or a diploma in a relevant health care profession with a non health care Baccalaureate Degree (e.g....
Req Id: 188611 Simply put, customers, innovation, and success are at the heart of what we do at The Source and why we do it. These three words shape our business decisions and our everyday...
Position Description We are currently seeking a Contact Center Manager to be responsible for the overall operational and financial results of a contact center. Works closely with the leadership...
store manager - Winnipeg, MB ( Job Number: 180000407) Location : CA-MB-Winnipeg Starbucks - Store Manager Now Brewing – Future Leaders! #tobeapartner Starbucks is known for developing...
Req Id: 186301 Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 137 years of success. We are defined...
Simply put, customers, innovation, and success are at the heart of what we do at The Source and...
Manager of Patient Care - Patient Services - Children’s and Respirology Clinic, Health Sciences Centre, about 1 monthPosition #20004764 Qualifications: A Baccalaureate degree in a relevant health care profession...
Req Id: 188611 Simply put, customers, innovation, and success are at the heart of what we do at...
Position Description We are currently seeking a Contact Center Manager to be responsible for the...
store manager - Winnipeg, MB ( Job...