Data Warehouse Engineer
Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years)
Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Industry: Packaged Goods
Job Category: IT/ Systems
Years Experience: 6-8 Years
Job Type: Full-time
Posting Date: October 08, 2020
Share this job:
At Arterra Wines Canada, we love inspiring the big and small moments that happen when our products are shared and enjoyed. For us it’s not just about what’s in and on the bottle, it’s what happens in people’s lives when we’re a part of them that keeps us thirsting for more and not resting on our laurels as Canada’s largest and most enjoyed wine company. We put the consumer at the center of everything we do and we’re looking for people who do the same.
The Data Warehouse Engineer is responsible for supporting data integrations between our transactional applications as well as with our BI platform, EDW and Data Lake. This individual is expected to perform L2 and L3 support tasks, to create and maintain integration design documents, perform development and testing tasks, as well as demonstrate an above average knowledge of standard RDBMS technologies, big data technologies, and familiarity with newer NoSQL, distributed and cloud-based database solutions. The Data Warehouse Engineer is a member of a cross-functional BI/Analytics team comprised of analytical and technical team members.
Develop efficient, supportable ETL flows in support of business projects. Tune and optimize Azure Data Factory Pipelines ,the Azure Data Warehouse, and Azure Data Lake to support business users and BI applications, and implement necessary processes and tools to ensure process maturity and best practices are followed.
Triage, investigate, and resolve support tickets related to data ingestion, ETL, and data modelling supporting our BI applications.
Lead design discussions and decisions as it relates to business intelligence and database solutions and drive decisions through to completion.
Create data integration processes to coalesce disparate data sets into a cohesive data model in support of BI and analytical requirements, and develop and maintain logical and physical data models.
Administration of the ETL, EDW, and Data Lake environments
- Completion of a degree in Computer Science or a related discipline - or a combination of education, training and experience deemed equivalent
- 6-8 years of related work experience with a background in RDBMS or Big Data technologies, such as Azure SQL or Hadoop (MSSQL or Azure cloud database experience strongly preferred)
- 3-5 years of experience in ETL technologies and languages, such as Azure Data Factory, Oracle Data Integrator or Informatica
- 3-5 years working on BI/DW Projects
- ETL architecture design experience within data warehousing environments governed by applying appropriate methodologies and ETL standards
- Experience creating integration and data warehouse technical specifications
- Experience working with JD Edwards data structures is strongly desired
- Experience in the beverage alcohol or consumer packaged goods industry helpful
- Experience with traditional BI platforms, such as Power BI, Spotfire, or MicroStrategy, is an asset
- Conceptual, logical and physical data modeling through use of data modeling tools is a plus
Qualifications, Certifications or Designations
- ITIL Foundations, an asset
- Current project management certification from a recognized institute (e.g. Project Management Professional (PMP) or PRINCE2), an asset
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Benefits and Pension Plan
- Product Allowances & Safe Ride Home Program
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Tuition reimbursement
- Training & Development Programs
- An opportunity to learn about the world of wine
Number of Openings:
We are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that reflects the diverse population it serves and we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are also committed to preventing and removing barriers to employment for people with disabilities, and we invite you to inform us should you have any accessibility or accommodation needs.
Learn More about Arterra Wines Canada
See all Arterra Wines Canada job postings
Setup a Career Alert for similar jobs
Send to a friend
Share this job:
Ingram Micro helps businesses fully realize the promise of technology.TM No other company delivers the full spectrum of global technology and supply chain services to businesses around the...
Pharmaceutical Industry Medical/Pharma Experience Come work with us at our client, a global leader in the pharmaceutical industry. The Reporting Specialist will provide operational support to the...
Job Description Position at CloudBlue Cloud Infrastructure Engineer ....... if you LIVE and BREATH ** SCRIPTING** then this is the opportunity for YOU! Do you crave the creativity and freedom of a...
Job Description Position at Ingram Micro Cloud CloudBlue is the world’s largest cloud platform provider, enabling any business to provide cloud solutions to anyone. We are committed to helping our...
Job Description Position at Ingram Micro Cloud Reporting Analyst | Professional, Report & Analytics Do you crave the creativity and freedom of a startup but the stability of a large, established...
Job Posting #857578 Position: Sr. Developer Department: UHN Digital Location: Atrium on Bay, UHN Hospital Locations, MaRS Discovery District Status: Permanent Full-time (37.5 hours/week) Salary:...
Ingram Micro helps businesses fully realize the promise of technology.TM No other company...
Pharmaceutical Industry Medical/Pharma Experience Come work with us at our client, a global...
Job Description Position at CloudBlue Cloud Infrastructure Engineer ....... if you LIVE and...
Job Description Position at Ingram Micro Cloud CloudBlue is the world’s largest cloud platform...
Job Description Position at Ingram Micro Cloud Reporting Analyst | Professional, Report &...
Job Posting #857578 Position: Sr. Developer Department: UHN Digital Location: Atrium on Bay, UHN...