Ceridian. Makes Work Life Better™
This is our promise. Not only for our customers, but our employees as well.
Ceridian is a cloud company powered by people. Join us as we transform the world of work for millions of employees around the world. Our products help employees be paid on time, apply for promotions, grow their careers, and support their work/life fit. Our solutions and our people work together to help organizations control costs, save time, optimize their workforce, minimize risk and grow their businesses.
As a software company specializing in human capital management (HCM), Ceridian has not only invested heavily in cloud software development but in its people as well. We have a variety of career growth (Top Talent, Career Pathing, Tuition Reimbursement, & Job Rotation) and Diversity/Inclusion (YOUnity and Ceridian’s Women Network) programs to support your career journey at Ceridian.
We are looking for fun, intelligent, team oriented people who believe in our values: Customer Focus, Transparency, Diligence, Optimism, and Agility.
Find out why Ceridian employees declare Ceridian a Great Place to Work® in 2017, a Glassdoor Best Places to Work in 2017, and one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for 2017!
The shift we are looking to fill is 11:00 AM – 7:00 PM CST, however, our call centre’s hours of operations are 6:30 AM-7:00 PM CST.
Customer Service Specialist
Purpose of Position: Provide consistent quality of customer service and support on Ceridian HCM's products and services. Primarily focuses on issues that have an immediate resolution and directing those issues that do not, to the appropriate area of responsibility.
The following key areas identify the major responsibilities to the overall purpose of the position.
- Records clients' interactions in CRM database, attaching documentation when required.
- Receives incoming requests for support from customers via telephone, e-mail, fax.
- Supports team members in the achievement of team goals such as average speed of answer and service levels. Responds to client inquiries, including clarifying problems and applying payroll expertise and analytical ability to resolve problems, which are typically within the following categories:
- Data entry/processing of payroll
- "How to" questions about products and services
- Delivery inquires/problems or requests
- Customer profile amendments
- Processing inquiries
- Payroll errors/reruns
- Transmission problems
- Year End questions
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Effectiveness Skills
- Communication- demonstrates intermediate knowledge of various communication methods, and the ability to present and receive information in the most appropriate matter. ie. Client facing information published after product releases, etc. Problem Solving - demonstrates intermediate knowledge of problem-solving and decision-making techniques, and the ability to generate solutions to problems and decide on a course of action.
- Adaptability- demonstrates intermediate knowledge and ability to effectively manage one's own behavior and positively influence the actions of others during times of change, stress or uncertainty.
- Customer Focus Skills- demonstrates intermediate knowledge and ability to provide high levels of service to both internal and external customers, leading to high customer satisfaction and established relationships.
- Integrity and Trust- demonstrates basic ability to operate with a high degree of honesty and openness, such that respect and trust is earned by coworkers and customers.
- Occupational Skills
- Business Knowledge - demonstrates basic knowledge of Ceridian and its place in the market.
- Payroll Knowledge and Accounting - demonstrates intermediate knowledge of payroll concepts, legislation, regulations, accounting, calculations and terminology.
- Ceridian Products- demonstrates intermediate knowledge of Ceridian products and their suitability for different client needs.
- Business Development - demonstrates basic knowledge of business development techniques, and the ability to identify opportunities, plan and develop business in support of unit objectives and Ceridian's strategies.
- Computer Literacy- demonstrates basic knowledge of personal computers and the systems and software commonly used in your area, and the ability to use them in accomplishing tasks.
- Customer Focus Contact occurs with customers (internal and external) on a regular basis.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- PC skills (Microsoft Office suite, keyboarding, etc.).
- In addition candidates with the following assets would be given preference:
- Experience providing over-the-phone service.
- Experience in a payroll environment
- Experience in a call centre environment
- Training in basic accounting.
- Advanced Service Delivery skills and training.
- Education in Payroll and/or Human Resources
Education and Experience:
- Grade 12
- 2 - 5 years experience in a service environment.
- Completion of CPA Payroll Compliance Legislation and Payroll Fundamentals 1 within 24 months of employment
- Post-secondary education (diploma or degree level) desired.
Ceridian combines the excitement of a startup environment, with the growth opportunities of a large organization. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs, great opportunities for career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success.
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace all individuals and what makes them unique. We consider all applicants, regardless of age, religion, race, color, ancestry, gender, gender identity, disability, national origin, race, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial or local laws. We enthusiastically encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions. Come join our inclusive team and start collaborating with us on award winning projects!
Connect with us on Twitter @CeridianCareers or Facebook CeridianCareers
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Requisition ID: 14806 Job Category: Engineering With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are...
Senior Pension Administrator-R_026691 Description The Senior Pension Administrator works in a team environment as part of Mercer’s pension administration Centre of Excellence. The successful...
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology is seeking an Account Manager Location: Western, Canada For over 150 years the name Sandvik has been synonymous with quality and customer focus. Sandvik Mining and...
Position Description StandardAero specializes in engine maintenance, repair, and overhaul services for business and general aviation, air transport, and military aircraft. We employ the highest...
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster...
Test Administrator, Winnipeg - (1810555) Description Pearson VUE (www.pearsonvue.com) is the global leader in computer-based testing for information technology, academic, government and...
Requisition ID: 14806 Job Category: Engineering With over six decades of business and technical...
Senior Pension Administrator-R_026691 Description The Senior Pension Administrator works in a...
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology is seeking an Account Manager Location: Western, Canada For...
Position Description StandardAero specializes in engine maintenance, repair, and overhaul...
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us...
Test Administrator, Winnipeg - (1810555) Description Pearson VUE (www.pearsonvue.com) is the...