Posting End Date:
Number of Opening:
Responsible for managing service process, focusing on safety, work order management and effective customer communication while ensuring compliance in Finning’s Service Operational Excellence Process and Customer Service Commitment. A strong mechanical aptitude would be beneficial.
Major Job Functions:
- Accountable for follow Finning’s Customer Service Commitment with all customer interactions, delivering prompt, courteous and professional customer service and addressing and resolving all presented issues to customer’s satisfaction
- Ensure that all requested service work is done safely and with the appropriate tools, and that hazardous and potentially hazardous situations are identified
- Accountable for all documented standard operating procedures are being adhered to and followed consistently with each job
- Compliance of all service work orders with Finning’s Service Operations Process
- Accountable for correct, legible and quality service reports and completed proper work orders and operations.
- Accountable for accurate and timely billing for internal, external and warranty jobs
- Adhering/compiling to the respective communication touch points through the service process (ie customer, PSSRs, etc.)
- Understanding and practice of NSC where required
- Identify hazardous or hazardous situations and take appropriate action with ensure employee safety utilizing the JHA process
- Understanding and comprehension of all safety policies and guidelines
- All safety related training is complete and current
- manage customer interactions by responding to coming service, warranty and customer inquiries telephone calls, informing customers of repairs, service reports and estimated time of completion of job in compliance with Finning’s Customer Service Commitment.
- Respond and manage all incoming service, warranty and customer inquiries
- Responsible to ensure compliance with service related policies (WO signing, travel, etc.)
- Advises customer on additional options/repairs
- Provide estimate completion date based on identified scope of work and communicate guaranteed completion date
- Responsible for the decision making whether to troubleshoot repair in shop or field
- Finalize and document all information on the customer interview form
Service Process Management:
- manage service work orders and job files in compliance with Service Operational Excellence process and procedures, including managing Service Work in Progress (SWIP), creating, maintaining and archiving service work orders and job files.
- Establishes scope of work for the job and compile machine information, warranty, CAT, machine history, product improvement program (PIP) and Product Support Programs (PSP) letters and all technical information required for the job binder
- Requests and receives purchase orders (PO)
- Determine goodwill and warranty requirements and present findings to Customer Service Supervisor
Specific Skills & Knowledge:
- Understanding of Finning policies and procedures (safety, HR, warranty, service process, etc.)
- Understanding of key performance metrics for the role, team and department
- Knowledge of quoting repair options and repair structure and job set up
- Proficient in MS Office Applications, specifically Access, Excel, and Word, Lawson and internal systems
- Understanding of Finning’s Customer Service commitment, warranty program, service billing process and procedures, and Finning and Caterpillar warranty processes
- Finning and CAT products, parts and mechanical services, and Sitech technology
- Quoting repair options and repair structure, Service Work In Progress (SWIP) management process and financial impacts, mechanical aptitude and up selling
- Understanding of work task safety requirements and risks
Education & Experience:
- Strong mechanical aptitude with the desire to learn to support and direct the technical questions
- Prior Caterpillar product line, General Line technical and/or Power Systems technical experience
- Prior experience in customer service, Caterpillar dealership experience and/or experience in equipment, service, parts or warranty
- Overtime will be required and expected from time to time.
- Ticketed and Non-Ticketed candidates will be considered
We are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.
Pest Control Specialist (Part Time) Are you passionate about customer service? Love to solve problems? Enjoy working independently? Looking to build your career in an exciting industry and a...
Pipefitter- Journeyman MUST BE LOCAL TO PEACE RIVER AREA Pipefitters lay out, assemble, fabricate, maintain and repair piping systems which carry water, steam, chemicals or fuel used in heating,...
Job Title Customer Service Representative - Peace River # of Positions Available 1 Closing Date October 11, 2018 Category Banking / Real Estate / Mortgage / Professionals, Customer Service, Sales...
Pest Control Specialist (Part Time) Are you passionate about customer service? Love to solve...
Pipefitter- Journeyman MUST BE LOCAL TO PEACE RIVER AREA Pipefitters lay out, assemble,...
Job Title Customer Service Representative - Peace River # of Positions Available 1 Closing...