• Montreal P&L Supervisor
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
The PCM & G10 Rates P&L Team provides a robust and dedicated support to the Credit & G10 Rates Trading businesses. We are looking for a Montreal based Product Controller / P&L Analyst to support the New York Credit and G10 Rates Trading desk. The selected candidate will report to the local P&L Team Supervisor.
The role will encompass daily P&L responsibilities and the successful candidate will need to fully understand and explain the key P&L drivers. The individual will be required to establish effective working relationships with both Front Office and other areas of support. (E.g. Trade Support, VR&C, Market Risk, Finance & IT) - allowing for an integrated and proactive approach to the business’ requirements, understanding the lifecycles of the products traded and the systems and reporting mechanisms required to enable full control and accurate and appropriate information to be supplied. The Individual will join a “split team” organization with team members located in both Montreal and NewYork City, under a functional management located in New York.
• Reconcile daily FO P&L to the Official P&L
• Produce daily MO forecast and reconcile to the trader’s forecast after the close
• Analyze, understand, and attribute daily P&L, e.g. Greeks, new trades / amends
• Explain and comment on economic P&L using P&L Explain Tools
• Produce a Step Reval Explain and Risk based P&L Explain on a daily basis
• Engage trade support and Front Office to resolve operational and booking issues
• Work with Front Office, Finance, and Market Risk to finalize month end P&L
• Discuss and review trading P&Ls with management
• Ensure all appropriate controls and processes are executed and well documented
• Substantiate and resolve Back office inquiries, ledger vs. P&L systems
• Contribute to ongoing process and control improvements / efficiencies
Trader Support & Customer Service
• Liaise with trading floor personnel and ensure a satisfactory resolution of all FO inquiries
• Interact with Operations functions and other infrastructure groups to support a ‘one team approach’
• Resolve all issues / conflicts and strive to meet or surpass the service level agreement
• Manage deadlines and objectives
• Ensure timely and efficient dissemination of data and the resolution of inquiries
• Identify and escalate time / risk sensitive issues to the team supervisor
• Cohesively explain and maintain own position, logically, in light of differing views
• Focus on the needs of the business
• Act with integrity, accepting responsibility for actions
• Recognize opportunities for creativity and development of processes
• Achieve a sensible work/life balance.
Applicable to All
• Ensure the business area conducts its activity in accordance with all relevant external regulators and internal policies.
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
• Previous experience (Two+ years) in P&L Control, Financial Control, or a Middle Office environment
• Strong Excel & PC skills with proven ability to work with multiple systems
ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
• Graduate degree in Finance, Math or Engineering or other quantitative disciplines
• Fluency in financial markets with an emphasis on Fixed Income
• Solid understanding of the following products: CDS, CDX,IRS, FRAs, Caps/Floors, Swaptions, Treasuries, Corporate Bonds, Repos, and Futures
• Knowledgeable of the Greeks
• Working knowledge of Programming languages such as VBA, SQL & Python
• Experience in pricing, valuation or hedging of derivatives
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
• Superior attention to detail and accuracy
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills a must
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work as part of a team in a “split team” organization
• Spirit of continuous improvement
• Display good relationship qualities, team spirit, and ability to work across teams
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.
8 days ago | Agribusiness - Animal Health - Business Development/Strategic Management, AgCareers.com, 22 daysVersion franaise plus bas POSITION SUMMARY The Business Unit Director, Poultry, Swine & Aquaculture provides leadership and alignment, leads change and fosters collaboration within the Sales,...
Computer System Analyst 3125299 Job Number: 3125299 Posting Date : Jan 2, 2019 Primary Location : Americas-Canada-Quebec-Montreal Education Level: Bachelor's...
Information Technology - Montreal Our Client in the Telco Industry is seeking a Bilingual Scrum Master for their Montreal office. This is a 12 months contract to start, possible extension OR...
Information Technology - Montreal Our Client in the Banking and Finance Industry is seeking a Bilingual Systems Integrator Architect for their Downtown Montreal office. This is a 6 months contract...
Project Control Coordinator Intern / Summer 2019-271629 Description Position Summary: The Project Control Coordinator Intern must be a highly-motivated, self-driven team player that has the...
POSITION OVERVIEW The Director of E-commerce and Digital will serve as thought leader in aligning digital marketing strategy with business goals and objectives. Working directly with 2 Brands,...
8 days ago | Agribusiness - Animal Health - Business Development/Strategic Management, AgCareers.com, 22 daysVersion franaise plus bas POSITION SUMMARY The Business Unit Director, Poultry, Swine &...
Computer System Analyst 3125299 Job Number: 3125299 Posting Date : Jan 2, 2019 Primary...
Information Technology - Montreal Our Client in the Telco Industry is seeking a Bilingual Scrum...
Information Technology - Montreal Our Client in the Banking and Finance Industry is seeking a...
Project Control Coordinator Intern / Summer 2019-271629 Description Position Summary: The...
POSITION OVERVIEW The Director of E-commerce and Digital will serve as thought leader in...