Corporate Security Regional Manager
Job Summary: Undertakes the prevention and investigation of losses to the company through theft or other fraudulent means in The Brick Group’s western region: B.C., Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Thunder Bay.
- Responsible for the day to day operation of the corporate security regional office located in Edmonton.
- Physical security of retail and distribution center properties, including safes, cameras, card access and alarms. Alarm system, card access and CCTV design and implementation for new and renovated Brick locations. Ensure capex projects are completed on time and on budget
- Conducts investigations relative to internal or external thefts, frauds, threats, and other areas as required to meet corporate security objectives. Documents incidents, results and recommends corrective action including recommendations of employee discipline.
- Budget accountability as it relates to operational expenses of the department and to the retail and distribution centre locations.
- Conducts investigations in criminal and civil wrongdoings.
- Supervision of the Corporate Security Analyst.
- Displays leadership in the department and in the region to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Undertakes initiatives to promote loss prevention and security awareness on an ongoing basis. Communicates via Security Bulletins, Security Talks, Brick Busters, Daily Sales Updates and recommends new initiatives.
- Makes decisions on security on a daily basis
- Work and liaison with other Brick departments so that corporate security is involved in the objectives of sales, operations, merchandising, service, fleet and distribution.
- Ongoing liaison with various police forces and other corporate security directors, VP’s, managers.
- Participate in various security organizations to ensure up-to-date knowledge of threats and trends.
- Promotes The Brick and sales of the company’s products.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Constant audit of physical security needs.
- Conducts thorough investigations.
- Ongoing loss prevention and security awareness training to the field.
- Leadership. Management of direct and indirect subordinates.
- Expense control
Education and Experience:
- Previous experience in a retail environment is a definite asset
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience in the security industry
- Good working knowledge of computers and various programs
Knowledge and Skills:
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Position requires the applicant to be on call 24/7, work outside normal business hours and travel as required.
Why work for the Brick?
- Flexible “employer-paid” benefits including Health, Dental and Paramedical Services for you and your family
- Competitive pay
- Paid training
- Career progression program
- Access to free personal development training through “The Brick University”
- Employee discounts & Personal "Paid" days off
- Recognition, incentives, prizes and giveaways!
Be a part of Canada’s largest home furnishings retailer!
Number one in quality home furnishings across Canada.
We thank all those who apply; however, only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Post Secondary Diploma
AECOM is looking for a Superintendent to join our Shell Retail Project team in Leduc, Alberta. This is a Full Time position; 5 days on 2 days off rotation. Reporting to the Construction...
If Electrical is Your Clear Choice … This posting is for a future oppourtunity with ClearStream. ClearStream Energy is looking for you. As an Electrician (Apprentice or Journeyman) , reporting...
Field Crew Location: Edmonton Job Code: 4253 # of openings: 1 Description Field Crew personnel operates dewatering equipment, installs wellpoint systems and bypasses and performs sediment control...
ORGANIZATION SUMMARY Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company...
At Clark Builders, We Build Exceptional Experiences. Our Remarkable team, made up of individuals with unique talents and perspectives, works together each and every day to deliver exceptional,...
AECOM is seeking a Carpenter Journeyman to join our Calgary Project team to be based in Edmonton, Alberta. Shift rotation is 5/2. Carpenters construct, renovate, erect and repair buildings and...
AECOM is looking for a Superintendent to join our Shell Retail Project team in Leduc,...
If Electrical is Your Clear Choice … This posting is for a future oppourtunity with...
Field Crew Location: Edmonton Job Code: 4253 # of openings: 1 Description Field Crew personnel...
ORGANIZATION SUMMARY Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies...
At Clark Builders, We Build Exceptional Experiences. Our Remarkable team, made up of individuals...
AECOM is seeking a Carpenter Journeyman to join our Calgary Project team to be based in ...