Market Bistro at Three Sisters located in Canmore, AB is seeking two full-time Cooks. We are a small bistro located in the Three Sisters neighborhood. We focus on French cuisine but offer a wide variety of culinary influences. We LOVE food and focus on quality local ingredients. We offer a Menu du Jour that changes weekly and offers every culinary team member the chance to express themselves (yes, you will have the opportunity to design the menu!) We work in a team to provide support for each other. We serve Lunch 11-5PM and Dinner 5-9PM. Our clientele is regulars, with our open kitchen, they love to meet the artist behind their meals.
It’s a permanent full-time position, $16.00 - $18.00 per hour – depend on experience + gratuities + one free meal a day with 4% paid vacation, and 40 hours/week. Overtimes are paid at 1,5 rate for hours exceeding 44 hours in any given week. Employment location and business address: 75, 102 Dyrgas Gate, Canmore, AB T1W 0A6.
Start date: As soon as possible.
Job duties and responsibilities
- Set up and stocking stations with all necessary supplies
- Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces)
- Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
- Answer, report and follow executive or chef's instructions
- Clean up station and take care of leftover food
- Stock inventory appropriately
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Must have completed secondary school.
- Must have at least 2 years of previous work experience as a Cook.
- Must be able to speak, read and write in English.
- Must be able to work on-call, Overtime, Morning, Day, Evening, Shift, Weekend, Flexible hours
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities - Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Attention to detail; Standing for extended periods
- Personal Suitability - Initiative; Flexibility; Team player; Client focus; Dependability; Reliability; Organized
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com . Underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply, would be acceptable.