The purpose of this position is to perform the essential job duties and functions listed below with the overall objective of helping to improve the Corporation’s overall business performance, deliver added value to our shareholders and joint venture partners, reduce leakage, promote consistency, and cost-effective solutions across business lines, projects and locations. This role performs duties, as assigned, and may support one or more Contract Administrator with typical routine duties. This position typically provides oversight for up to ten (10) noncomplex contracts on Fluor projects. This role assures compliance with all statutes, regulations, and contract terms and conditions. The individual will be required to participate in the collection of information of reports related to their assigned contracts. This role provides guidance on project and Fluor processes and practices to junior contract administrators.
• Participate in the pre-qualification of bidders (including capabilities, capacities, and financial studies), monitor and track contractors’ compliance to Fluor’s Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE), Quality and Finance procedures currently in place
• Establish and maintain contract files in accordance with Fluor’s practice
• Prepare, maintain, retrieve, and communicate records, reports, or documents that may be required to meet corporate and Contract Management requirements
• Coordinate the timely issuance, distribution, or response of information, invoices, and correspondence
• Use reference systems to record and maintain project contract data
• Other duties as assigned
This position is contingent upon contract award.
Basic Job Requirements
• Accredited four (4) year degree or global equivalent in applicable field of study and four (4) years of work-related experience or a combination of education and directly related experience equal to eight(8) years if non-degreed; some locations may have additional or different qualifications in order to comply with local requirements
• Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, co-workers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors
• Job-related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job
• Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines
• Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
Other Job Requirements
• Participate in project functional audits
• Develop agendas and participate in project kick-off and alignment meetings
• Prepare Project Contract Procedures
• Develop standard contract templates for a project
• Coordinate the timely issue/distribution/response of documents to the Contractor
• Coordinate/maintain control of Site Instructions
• Participate in the negotiation of contract terms and conditions, coordinate technical scopes of work including interface with all project disciplines (project controls, legal services, project management, construction, engineering, finance/accounting, and client)
• Participate in internal Request for Proposal (RFP) and RFP explanation meetings, contract pre-award meetings, final negotiations, and drafting/finalization of contract documents
• Analyze commercial sections of proposals and coordination of technical proposal evaluations. Develop final proposal evaluations and prepare contract recommendations, and present recommendation to project team and/or client
• Perform contract management post-award activities through evaluating and status contractors’ productivity, schedule adherence, contract change management, invoicing and claims avoidance
• Perform closeout of contracts, finalize outstanding contract issues, issue of final modifications, invoices and coordinate completion of contractor performance evaluations
• Interface with all levels of the project team – and be able to represent and interface with all levels of internal and/or external management and corporate organization persons
• Be proactive with contractors to ensure contract compliance, generation of progress, schedules, daily and other status reports, invoices and supporting documents in a timely manner
• Perform all other duties requested by immediate supervisor(s) in order to support and achieve project milestone goals
• Contribute to and promote the use of Fluor’s knowledge management portals and communities
• Maintain a working knowledge of the Company’s Contract Management Standards, programs and goals by planning and applying Contract Management practices and procedures as established by the Company on a project site or in an office through departmental training, Fluor University® training and Contract Management Framework
• Accredited degree or global equivalent in Business, Construction Management, or Law or equivalent experience required
• Understand technical terminology and developments
• Apply technical skills or procedures
• Apply oral and written communication skills
• Apply administrative and organizational skills
• Some basic knowledge of contract types and terms
• Understand and implement practices and procedures
• Generate and consider alternatives
• Experience in contract management, subcontract administration, and/or procurement experience supporting engineering and construction projects
• Experience developing negotiating contract terms and conditions specifically for contracts related to services, construction, engineering, materials, and equipment installation
• Strong understanding of contracting principles and legal terms and conditions
• Broad understanding of the construction industry and contract language associated engineering, procurement, fabrication, and construction/construction management (EPFC/CM)
• Experience with administering the request for proposal (RFP) process for contractors on heavy industrial construction projects
• Intermediate computer and software skills to include the use of word processing and email as well as the intermediate use of spreadsheets and electronic presentations
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
• Self-motivated professional
• Good organizational skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize to achieve project goals
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.
Requisition ID: 11849 Company The City of Vancouver is striving to become the greenest city in the world, and a city powered entirely by renewable energy before 2050. We are proud to be one of...
Temporary Full-Time (24 months) Parks, Recreation and Culture Services The City of Coquitlam is the sixth largest city in B.C. with home to more than 150,000 residents. Our municipality continues...
Senior Project Manager – Corporate Offices BE Totally Engaged. BE Business Savvy. BE the Right Partner. BE part of the Team… Life at Colliers Project Leaders As Colliers Project Leaders continues...
Requisition ID: 11886 Company The City of Vancouver is striving to become the greenest city in the world, and a city powered entirely by renewable energy before 2050. We are proud to be one of...
BE Totally Engaged. BE Business Savvy. BE the Right Partner. BE part of the Team… Life at Colliers Project Leaders As Colliers Project Leaders continues to attract exciting project opportunities,...
Job Description The key duties of the role are as follows: - To lead and manage a specialist procurement team within an EPCM mandate for a Crown Corporation. - To support procurement functions...
Requisition ID: 11849 Company The City of Vancouver is striving to become the greenest city in...
Temporary Full-Time (24 months) Parks, Recreation and Culture Services The City of Coquitlam is...
Senior Project Manager – Corporate Offices BE Totally Engaged. BE Business Savvy. BE the Right...
Requisition ID: 11886 Company The City of Vancouver is striving to become the greenest city in...
BE Totally Engaged. BE Business Savvy. BE the Right Partner. BE part of the Team… Life at...
Job Description The key duties of the role are as follows: - To lead and manage a specialist...