Our Networks Consultant will interface with our valued clients on projects to develop robust network solutions. The Networks Consultant shall consult with our internal and external customers on Network Assessments, Network Design and Network Implementation Projects. These Projects will be specific to enabling a Connected Enterprise by connecting the Industrial Internet of Things.
Potential candidates should have:
- ‘Hands-on’ experience in designing / deploying network infrastructure in environments including process automation, discrete controls, and automated manufacturing processes / equipment.
- Experience in designing and deploying network infrastructure (switches, routers, firewalls, etc.) within an Industrial Network
- Experience in PLC, Networking and SCADA design/programming including data extraction and data analysis.
- Exposure to PLC programming packages (Rockwell or comparable platforms).
- Technical skills with various Ethernet protocols including EtherNet/IP, specifically around assessment, design and implementation of complex systems.
- Strong commercial skills, ability to handle multiple projects, communication skills, ability to diagnose automation problems and interact with teams, clients and vendors.
- Familiarity with a variety of networking and / or security concepts, practices, and procedures, to include manufacturing and enterprise network convergence, network protocols, communication optimization, application effects on system performance and human exploitation techniques on the manufacturing network.
- Experience in developing and deploying solutions in a virtual environment.
- Design, implement and support customer’s converged business and manufacturing/industrial networks and user needs in parallel with their overall business strategies.
- Write detailed documentation that could include customer requirements, system specifications, observed issues with remediation recommendations or implementation plans in order to develop or modify manufacturing infrastructure.
- Design, recommend, and implement network infrastructure and associated configuration changes.
- Design customer secure manufacturing architecture and provides vision, problem anticipation, and problem solving ability to customers.
EOE, M/F/Disabled, Vet
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology or related technology driven degree. If no degree, 8+ years of experience in Manufacturing Control Systems, Network Engineering, and Industrial Security Controls.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience configuring IT/OT network infrastructure equipment (Cisco Switches, Virtual Server Environments, Cisco ASA, Anti-Virus Software)
- In depth understanding of Ethernet/IP and CIP protocol
- Previous experience working as part of a large, multi-disciplinary team completing full project life-cycle implementations.
- Travel Requirements
- Flexibility for travel 25% - 50% is required and can include both domestic and international trips.
- Legal authorization to work in Canada is required.
- Minimum of 2+ years in Industrial Networking related experience
- Recognized Network Certification (CCNA Industrial, CCNA / CCNP / CCIE Routing and Switching/Wireless, VCA, VCP, Cisco INS, GICSP)
- RSLogix 5, 500, 5000, Studio 5000 Exposure
- FactoryTalk View Experience
- FactoryTalk AssetCentre Experience
- Fluent in French (written / spoken)
Control Products and Solutions
Preferred Candidate Identified
Hiring Manager Name
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at RAApplicationsupport@ra.rockwell.com .
Information Technology - Montreal Our client in Telco Industry is looking for Bilingual .Net Developer for Montreal location. This is a 6 months contract position. Description: French: Participe à...
Specialist/Engineer Service Operations - 28770 Profession : Service Operations Work Location : Americas-Canada-Montreal Schedule :Full-time Description PURPOSE To assure SITA's competitive...
LogMeIn has an exciting sales engineering opportunity for our Unified Communications and Collaboration business. We are seeking experienced sales engineering staff with understanding of VoIP and...
Information Technology - Montreal Our client in Telco Industry is looking for Bilingual Network Architecture Specialist (Cisco/Big IP/F5) for its Montreal location. This is a 12 months contract...
Thermo-Fluids Specialist, Gas Turbines-014322 Description Siemens Canada is building tomorrow’s talent. That’s Ingenuity for life. For more than 100 years in Canada, Siemens has been offering...
Information Technology - Montreal Our client in Telco Industry is looking for Bilingual .Net...
Specialist/Engineer Service Operations - 28770 Profession : Service Operations Work...
LogMeIn has an exciting sales engineering opportunity for our Unified Communications and...
Information Technology - Montreal Our client in Telco Industry is looking for Bilingual Network...
Thermo-Fluids Specialist, Gas Turbines-014322 Description Siemens Canada is building tomorrow’s...