Our Networks Consultant will interface with our valued clients on projects to develop robust network solutions. The Networks Consultant shall consult with our internal and external customers on Network Assessments, Network Design and Network Implementation Projects. These Projects will be specific to enabling a Connected Enterprise by connecting the Industrial Internet of Things.
Potential candidates should have:
- ‘Hands-on’ experience in designing / deploying network infrastructure in environments including process automation, discrete controls, and automated manufacturing processes / equipment.
- Experience in designing and deploying network infrastructure (switches, routers, firewalls, etc.) within an Industrial Network
- Experience in PLC, Networking and SCADA design/programming including data extraction and data analysis.
- Exposure to PLC programming packages (Rockwell or comparable platforms).
- Technical skills with various Ethernet protocols including EtherNet/IP, specifically around assessment, design and implementation of complex systems.
- Strong commercial skills, ability to handle multiple projects, communication skills, ability to diagnose automation problems and interact with teams, clients and vendors.
- Familiarity with a variety of networking and / or security concepts, practices, and procedures, to include manufacturing and enterprise network convergence, network protocols, communication optimization, application effects on system performance and human exploitation techniques on the manufacturing network.
- Experience in developing and deploying solutions in a virtual environment.
- Design, implement and support customer’s converged business and manufacturing/industrial networks and user needs in parallel with their overall business strategies.
- Write detailed documentation that could include customer requirements, system specifications, observed issues with remediation recommendations or implementation plans in order to develop or modify manufacturing infrastructure.
- Design, recommend, and implement network infrastructure and associated configuration changes.
- Design customer secure manufacturing architecture and provides vision, problem anticipation, and problem solving ability to customers.
EOE, M/F/Disabled, Vet
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology or related technology driven degree. If no degree, 8+ years of experience in Manufacturing Control Systems, Network Engineering, and Industrial Security Controls.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience configuring IT/OT network infrastructure equipment (Cisco Switches, Virtual Server Environments, Cisco ASA, Anti-Virus Software)
- In depth understanding of Ethernet/IP and CIP protocol
- Previous experience working as part of a large, multi-disciplinary team completing full project life-cycle implementations.
- Travel Requirements
- Flexibility for travel 25% - 50% is required and can include both domestic and international trips.
- Legal authorization to work in Canada is required.
- Minimum of 2+ years in Industrial Networking related experience
- Recognized Network Certification (CCNA Industrial, CCNA / CCNP / CCIE Routing and Switching/Wireless, VCA, VCP, Cisco INS, GICSP)
- RSLogix 5, 500, 5000, Studio 5000 Exposure
- FactoryTalk View Experience
- FactoryTalk AssetCentre Experience
- Fluent in French (written / spoken)
Control Products and Solutions
Preferred Candidate Identified
Hiring Manager Name
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at RAApplicationsupport@ra.rockwell.com .
Proactive Surveillance Management (PSM)- Recent College Grad - 26499 Profession : Undergraduate Work Location : Americas-Canada-Montreal Schedule :Full-time Description PURPOSE To provide the...
Req Id: 193473 Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 137 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company’s vast potential. To ensure we...
Category:Infrastructure/Cloud City: Montréal, Quebec, Canada Employment Type: Full Time Position Description: Here is a unique opportunity to join the CGI team located in Montréal. You’ll be part...
Specialist/Engineer Service Operations - 25127 Profession : Service Operations Work Location : Americas-Canada-Montreal Schedule :Full-time Description PURPOSE To assure SITA's competitive...
Senior Systems and Network Administrator - TELUS Health - HEA03420-18 Description Position Overview: Reporting to the Development and Operations Management team, the candidate selected for the...
Infrastructure Operations Specialist - 25553 Profession : Service Operations Work Location : Americas-Canada-Montreal Schedule :Full-time Description PURPOSE To assure SITA's competitive strength...
Proactive Surveillance Management (PSM)- Recent College...
Req Id: 193473 Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 137 years of success. We are defined...
Category:Infrastructure/Cloud City: Montréal, Quebec, Canada Employment Type: Full Time Position...
Specialist/Engineer Service Operations - 25127 Profession : Service Operations Work...
Senior Systems and Network Administrator - TELUS Health - HEA03420-18 Description Position...
Infrastructure Operations Specialist - 25553 Profession : Service Operations Work...