LOCATION: Fort McMurray, Alberta (CA-AB)
JOB NUMBER: 20119
Reporting to the Manager, Industrial Hygiene and Compliance, you will provide important support and document control for our Industrial Hygiene (IH) group. You will have the chance to assist our team of industrial hygienists that both provide advice and support to various operation areas to meet industrial hygiene regulatory compliance.
- Engaging in a multitude of projects in different areas (industrial hygiene, environmental etc.)
- Assisting with field inspections, surveys and site visits, field sampling
- Entering/analysing data in Suncor’s Industrial Hygiene database and files
- Assisting with development of documentation: written programs, safe work instructions, standards, etc.
- Presenting or developing industrial hygiene training materials and providing general support to the department
- Completing hazard identification surveys, completing various IH surveys (noise, lighting, ergonomics, etc.)
- Conducting Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHIMS) and Respiratory Protection Equipment (RPE) audits
Experience and Education
- Currently working towards a degree in one of the following fields: Occupational Health and Safety: Safety, Health, etc. Safety: Sciences, Management, or Industrial Hygiene
- Working knowledge of pertinent provincial and federal regulatory Acts and Regulations (OHS, etc.) would be beneficial
- Experience with Safety/IH: hazard recognition, evaluation, and control principles; engineering fundamentals; management; inspection and audit processes; measurement techniques
- Experience working in an industrial hygiene support capacity within an industrial facility
- Currently enrolled in a post-secondary institution (with plans to return after your work term is complete) in order to be considered eligible for this role
- Please attach the most recent copy of your post-secondary institution transcript to your application
Skills and Knowledge
- You are enthusiastic, detail oriented, highly motivated, and takes initiative
- Possesses excellent technical, communication, and social skills
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking, and analytical skills
- Can work well independently or in a dynamic team environment
- Prior industry experience and/or knowledge of associated sciences (chemistry, physics, biology, physiology, anatomy, ergonomics, human factors, IH, toxicology), and hazardous materials is an asset
- Strong computer skills, especially in Excel and other MS Office programs
- You value integrity and have a positive work ethic
- This is a 12-month work term, starting June 2018
- Expectation that you will spend a significant amount of time in the field
- You will be required to drive to and from sites and there will potentially be a need to work after hours and during weekends
- All required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be supplied with the exception of steel-toed boots
Start your career at one of Canada's leading companies. Suncor looks for people who have the best to offer, and provides the same in return. We are committed to sustainable, ethical growth - Suncor is a company where you can contribute in a meaningful way, grow your skills and career, and achieve success.
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Suncor is committed to accessibility and accommodations will be provided to applicants upon request. At Suncor, we are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.
JOB CATEGORY: Students & New Grads
Field Service Technician (Fort Hills)-180000YV Description We are currently seeking a Field Service Technician (Fort Hills) to become part of the dynamic team based out of our Fort McMurray, AB ...
Are you looking for a new opportunity in the oil and gas industry? Our client is looking for a Process Operator with two to five years’ experience in the Fort McMurray area to complete a one year...
Are you looking for a new opportunity as a Data Analyst? Our oil and gas client is looking for an individual to complete a one year contract at their Fort McMurray Work site joining the...
Electrical Instrumentation Controls Technician Reference Code: 48163 Location: Canada (CA) - Fort Hills, AB and McKay River, AB Job Category: Trades/Technical Employment Type: Employee...
FIELD SALES, PIPELINE AND INDUSTDRIAL SERVICE - (ED4), Trican Well Service / Fraction Energy Services, 12 daysTRICAN is Canada’s largest well service company built upon a foundation of solid corporate values and a culture of innovation. At Trican, we believe success begins with our people, as our name and...
Do you understand advanced aspects of your discipline and consider yourself as an expert in your field? Our client is looking for an individual to complete a one year contract as a Plant Operator...
Field Service Technician (Fort Hills)-180000YV Description We are currently seeking a Field...
Are you looking for a new opportunity in the oil and gas industry? Our client is looking for a...
Are you looking for a new opportunity as a Data Analyst? Our oil and gas client is looking for...
Electrical Instrumentation Controls Technician Reference Code: 48163 Location: Canada...
FIELD SALES, PIPELINE AND INDUSTDRIAL SERVICE - (ED4), Trican Well Service / Fraction Energy Services, 12 daysTRICAN is Canada’s largest well service company built upon a foundation of solid corporate...
Do you understand advanced aspects of your discipline and consider yourself as an expert in your...