LOCATION: Fort McMurray, Alberta (CA-AB)
JOB NUMBER: 20119
Reporting to the manager, industrial hygiene and compliance, you will provide important support and document control for our industrial hygiene (IH) group. You will have the chance to assist our team of industrial hygienists that both provide advice and support to various operation areas to meet industrial hygiene regulatory compliance.
- Engage in a multitude of projects in different areas such as industrial hygiene and environmental
- Assist with field inspections, surveys and site visits, and field sampling
- Enter / analyze data in Suncor’s Industrial Hygiene database and files
- Assist with the development of documentation: written programs, safe work instructions, standards, etc.
- Present or develop industrial hygiene training materials and provide general support to the department
- Complete hazard identification surveys, and various IH surveys (noise, lighting, ergonomics, etc.)
- Conduct Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHIMS) and Respiratory Protection Equipment (RPE) audits
Experience and Education:
- Currently working towards a degree in one of the following fields: Occupational Health and Safety: Safety, Health, etc. Safety: Sciences, Management, or Industrial Hygiene, applied chemistry , Toxicology, Public Health, Kinesiology, etc.
- Experience with Safety/IH: hazard recognition, evaluation, and control principles; engineering fundamentals; management; inspection and audit processes; measurement techniques
- Experience working in an industrial hygiene support capacity within an industrial facility
- Currently enrolled in a post-secondary institution (with plans to return after your work term is complete) in order to be considered eligible for this role
- Please attach the most recent copy of your post-secondary institution transcript to your application
Skills and Knowledge
- Working knowledge of pertinent provincial and federal regulatory Acts and Regulations (OHS, etc.) would be beneficial
- Prior industry experience and/or knowledge of associated sciences (chemistry, physics, biology, physiology, anatomy, ergonomics, human factors, IH, toxicology), and hazardous materials is an asset
- Strong computer skills, especially in Excel and other Microsoft Office programs
- You are enthusiastic, detail oriented, highly motivated, and take initiative
- Possess excellent technical, communication, and social skills
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking, and analytical skills
- Can work well independently or in a dynamic team environment
- You value integrity and have a positive work ethic
- This is a 12-month work term, starting June 2018
- Expectation that you will spend a significant amount of time in the field
- You will be required to drive to and from sites and there will potentially be a need to work after hours and during weekends
- All required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be supplied with the exception of steel-toed boots
Start your career at one of Canada's leading companies. Suncor looks for people who have the best to offer, and provides the same in return. We are committed to sustainable, ethical growth - Suncor is a company where you can contribute in a meaningful way, grow your skills and career, and achieve success.
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Suncor is committed to accessibility and accommodations will be provided to applicants upon request. At Suncor, we are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.
JOB CATEGORY: Students & New Grads
Do you have experience working with potable water and/or waste water? Our oil and gas client is looking for a process operator to help with the pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up of...
Do you have strong decision making skills? Are you interested in working for a large well-known Oil and Gas company? Our client is looking for an individual to complete a one year contract at...
Are you a safety minded individual? Do you have experience in either office furniture or work space allocation? Our oil and gas client is looking for a Facilities Coordinator to complete a one...
Resource Coordinator Location: Fort McMurray, AB, Canada Legal Entity: CEDA Industrial Services LP (CIS) Service Description: Fluid Management # of Positions: 3 CEDA is a leader in providing best...
1 year contract term - potential to extend Local Fort McMurray candidates required Shift: 4 x 10 hour shifts Kelly Services is pleased to be supporting our Fort McMurray client, a world leader in...
If Business Development is Your Clear Choice… ClearStream Energy is looking for you. As a Regional Sales Representative, reporting directly to the SVP, Business Development, you will work with...
Do you have experience working with potable water and/or waste water? Our oil and gas client is...
Do you have strong decision making skills? Are you interested in working for a large well-known...
Are you a safety minded individual? Do you have experience in either office furniture or work...
Resource Coordinator Location: Fort McMurray, AB, Canada Legal Entity: CEDA Industrial Services...
1 year contract term - potential to extend Local Fort McMurray candidates required Shift: 4 x 10...
If Business Development is Your Clear Choice… ClearStream Energy is looking for you. As a...