Client Executive, Construction-CAL000ON
Based out of Calgary, and reporting into the Western Regional Practice Leader, the successful Client Executive is responsible for managing all service components for the client, including leading the account team, managing the client and service team’s expectations in terms of direction, and monitoring for program design, insurance placement, claims, related services, and expanded service development. The Client Executive is able to build collaboration at all levels where there is client interface. With clients/prospects in Calgary, Red Deer, and Edmonton, there will be an expectation for some business travel, attendance at various industry functions/conferences/presentations, and close collaboration with a Team of 20 people located in the four Western Provinces (45 people across the Nation) dedicated to Construction Risk Management in the Construction Industry.
- Review client/prospect exposure loss experience and current coverage, and analyze the risk to determine the product/service requirements.
- Communicate client needs and binding instructions to Client Representatives;
- Implement and maintain a quality post-sales service plan, including ensuring the accuracy of binders, policies, and other relevant documents;
- Create and present renewal proposals to existing clients;
- Conduct stewardship meetings with client participation;
- Generate new sales through existing clients and client referrals in accordance with the business plan;
- Responsible for growth of assigned book of business, plus specific retention goals relating to the number of accounts serviced and revenue;
- Grow and/or expand current book of business at a target growth rate consistent with the current business plan by increasing the amount or types of service or coverage for each account or working with sales professionals to develop new accounts;
- Perform sales professional function (if required);
- Prepare cost analysis to determine pricing of services and monitor account profitability, in conjunction with the Practice Leader;
- Manage revenue, profitability, and timely billing/collection (working capital) for each client;
- Develop a working relationship with all functions within the company to improve client service and increase cross-selling opportunities;
- Engage the appropriate industry group and Marsh resources to offer best in-front resources for each client/prospect;
- Utilize and contribute to the company’s network that builds and shares sales and placement information and make use of company’s network resources to enhance productivity and economic benefits to both Marsh and the client;
- Obtain feedback on Marsh’s execution of projects and renewals through Client Satisfaction Surveys and ongoing client dialogue;
- Participate in professional development activities/courses;
- Comply with Marsh Excellence and Professional Standards to ensure quality service to all clients.
- Post secondary education or equivalent work experience, preferably within an insurance and risk consulting environment.
- Possess a minimum of 2 years experience as a Client Executive or relevant Broking experience.
- Possess a minimum of 5 -15 years of experience in commercial insurance, concentration in construction and/or engineering risks preferred.
- Holds appropriate Broker License.
- Strong business acumen.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to independently service medium to larger-end, often complex accounts.
- Possess solid insurance brokerage account management, servicing, and sales skills, and is considered a leading Client Executive within the local marketplace.
- Develop client relationships with Economic Buyer and Risk Manager.
- Possess good knowledge of client risk issues and Marsh solutions.
- Effectively manage and retain renewal business.
- Conduct annual stewardship review for each client.
- Provide direction, coaching, and mentoring to Client Representatives, with feedback on performance.
- Proactive in solving client needs, with a sense of urgency in all client matters.
- Strong organizational skills in prioritizing work, multitasking, and consistently meeting deadlines.
- Results oriented with a strong customer service orientation.
- Effective team player.
- Computer literate with proficiency in email, spreadsheet software, as well as in-house proprietary financial and sales-reporting systems.
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity .
Sales & Client / Carrier Relationship Management
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Auto req ID 199058BR Job Title Manager, Technology Risk - ORM Enterprise Technology Report Location Toronto - TD Tower Country Canada Province/State Ontario City1 Toronto TD Description Tell...
Auto req ID 199059BR Job Title Senior Manager, Technology Risk - ORM Enterprise Technology Report Location Toronto - TD Tower Country Canada Province/State Ontario City1 Toronto TD...
Auto req ID 199091BR Job Title Senior Manager, North American Payment Risk Report Location Toronto Country Canada Province/State Ontario City1 Toronto TD Description Tell us your story....
Position ID 13115BR Title Director – OT/ICS Cyber Resilience (Calgary) Line of Service Assurance Job Type Full-Time City AB - Calgary Job Description Collaborate with industry leaders,...
Auto req ID 199062BR Job Title Senior Manager, Cybersecurity Risk - ORM Enterprise Technology Report Location TD Tower - 66 Wellington St. W., 24th Floor, Toronto, Ontario, M5K 1A2 Country ...
Employee Type: Regular-Full time WE= unlimited potential We didn’t get to be a leader in energy delivery or ranked on the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations index on our own. We did it in...
Auto req ID 199058BR Job Title Manager, Technology Risk - ORM Enterprise Technology Report...
Auto req ID 199059BR Job Title Senior Manager, Technology Risk - ORM Enterprise...
Auto req ID 199091BR Job Title Senior Manager, North American Payment Risk Report Location ...
Position ID 13115BR Title Director – OT/ICS Cyber Resilience (Calgary) Line of Service ...
Auto req ID 199062BR Job Title Senior Manager, Cybersecurity Risk - ORM Enterprise...
Employee Type: Regular-Full time WE= unlimited potential We didn’t get to be a leader in energy...