Posting #: 2018-816874
Position: Clerk II
Department: Rehabilitation Services
Status: Full Time
Hours: Monday to Friday - All 7.5 hour shifts (hours subject to change based on operational requirements)
The clerk will work with a multidisciplinary team consisting of physiatrists, geriatrics, therapists and other clerical staff. The clerk will be responsible for patient registration, following up on appointments, management of a database and ordering supplies to successfully lead the clinics. Responsible for support of the interprofessinal team working in outpatient rehab and geriatrics. Other duties as assigned
Halton Healthcare Services is seeking individuals who are competent in their chosen profession; are patient/customer focused; are team players; are effective communicators; are caring and respectful and are fiscally responsible.
- Office administration diploma from a recognized college or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working in a comparable position required
- Medical terminology certificate or equivalent working experience required
- Knowledge and experience in outpatient registration, scheduling, running statistics, ordering supplies is required
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Minimum of 30 wpm typing speed required
- Must have fast and accurate data entry skills
- Experience using patient related databases, e.g. Meditech
- Must be able to prioritize workload and function independently in a busy environment
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good customer service skills
- Able to diplomatically respond to inquiries from staff, volunteers, patients, family members and members of the general public
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English fluently
- Must be available for shifts on short notice
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position including prolonged periods of sitting; standing; walking; and pushing and pulling variety of wheeled equipment.
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record required
Posted Date: January 11, 2018
Application Deadline for Employees: January 18, 2018
Please submit your application online via the HHS website directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
Halton Healthcare is committed to providing accommodations [for people with disabilities]. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on HHS hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative.
Halton Healthcare is a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products. We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.
Occupational Therapist- Halton, Mississauga, Hamilton, Niagara Closing the Gap Healthcare Hamilton, ON View complete profile Add to favorites Apply Job...
Community Living North Halton (CLNH) provides exciting employment and leadership development opportunities, and we are looking for talented individuals who want to empower others to reach their...
Account Manager - (18000011) Description Ritchie Bros. is a global leader in asset management and disposition, selling billions of dollars of heavy equipment each year. We help thousands of...
Instructor therapist WM+A Williams, Marijan & Associates Hamilton, ON View complete profile Add to favorites Apply Job summary Starting date : As soon as...
Full Time Physician Burlington RPI Consulting Group Inc. Burlington, ON View complete profile Add to favorites Apply Job summary Starting date : As soon as...
Park Clerk - PAR001519 Employment Type: Permanent Part-time Location(s) : SK--Regina and Area-Echo Valley Provincial Park Ministry : 027 Parks Culture and Sport Salary...
Occupational Therapist- Halton, Mississauga, Hamilton, Niagara Closing the Gap...
Community Living North Halton (CLNH) provides exciting employment and leadership development...
Account Manager - (18000011) Description Ritchie Bros. is a global leader in asset management...
Instructor therapist WM+A Williams, Marijan & Associates Hamilton, ON View complete profile ...
Full Time Physician Burlington RPI Consulting Group Inc. Burlington, ON View complete profile ...
Park Clerk - PAR001519 Employment Type: Permanent Part-time Location(s) : SK--Regina and...