JOB POSTING #859412
Position: Clerical Assistant IV (Accounts Payable customer service representative)
Department: Accounts Payable - Finance
Reports to: Manager
Site: Hydro Place, 700 University Avenue
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: $44,050 - $55,068 per annum
Status: Permanent Full-Time
University Health Network (UHN) is looking for a Accounts Payable customer service representative in our Accounts Payable Department.
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world. Find out about our purpose, values and principles here.
As an integral member of the Accounts Payable team within the Finance Department, the Accounts Payable Customer Service Representative is required to perform a range of tasks to support the department and take care of clients under the direction of the supervisor and/or the manager.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to: Main contact for customer questions, trouble shoot issues arising, and help maintain good relations with external and internal customers; administers Finance procedures, policies and accounting activities; resolves issues within scope of authority and in accordance with policies at UHN; performs customer service-related responsibilities in a timely and courteous manner including internal and external communication activities; performs cross-functional duties, as assigned or requested; and performs other duties consistent with the job classification, as required.
- Enrollment in a post-secondary program in Accounting/Business Administration, or recognized equivalent
- Related work experience would be beneficial
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Basic knowledge of accounting practices, procedures and generally accepted accounting principles
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated commitment to client service and satisfaction
- Working knowledge of computer application, accounting systems, and software applications, preferably in a Microsoft Office environment (i.e. Outlook, Word, SAP)
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (vlookup, pivot tables, macros)
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and to function effectively and efficiently under pressure
- Ability to take initiative and embrace challenging situations when issues are presented
- Ability to meet fixed deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and collaborate with others in assisting with the delivery of financial services
- Adheres to confidentiality policy for sensitive financial data and information
- Experience working in a health care environment, preferred
- If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
POSTED DATE: July 13, 2020 CLOSING DATE: July 20, 2020
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Close Director of Sales (Consumer Goods - Remote Work from Home) Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Director Industry: Packaged Goods Job Category:...
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation...
Close Manager Category Development and Shopper Insights Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Manager Industry: Packaged Goods Job Category: Category...
Dynamics NAV Business Analyst - Toronto, CA - Remote A growing end-user in the Toronto area is looking for a NAV Business Analyst to bring on-board as their functional NAV subject-matter expert....
We are Dentsu Aegis Network. We innovate the way brands are built. That means we do things differently so they’re better than before. In this way, we make our clients’ most important marketing...
Close Sr Financial Analyst, Sales Finance (14 month contract) Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager) Industry: Packaged Goods Job...
Close Director of Sales (Consumer Goods - Remote Work from Home) Job Posting Category:...
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants...
Close Manager Category Development and Shopper Insights Job Posting Category: Experienced...
Dynamics NAV Business Analyst - Toronto, CA - Remote A growing end-user in the Toronto area is...
We are Dentsu Aegis Network. We innovate the way brands are built. That means we do things...
Close Sr Financial Analyst, Sales Finance (14 month contract) Job Posting Category: Experienced...