JOB POSTING #859412
Position: Clerical Assistant IV (Accounts Payable customer service representative)
Department: Accounts Payable - Finance
Reports to: Manager
Site: Hydro Place, 700 University Avenue
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: $44,050 - $55,068 per annum
Status: Permanent Full-Time
University Health Network (UHN) is looking for a Accounts Payable customer service representative in our Accounts Payable Department.
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world. Find out about our purpose, values and principles here.
As an integral member of the Accounts Payable team within the Finance Department, the Accounts Payable Customer Service Representative is required to perform a range of tasks to support the department and take care of clients under the direction of the supervisor and/or the manager.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to: Main contact for customer questions, trouble shoot issues arising, and help maintain good relations with external and internal customers; administers Finance procedures, policies and accounting activities; resolves issues within scope of authority and in accordance with policies at UHN; performs customer service-related responsibilities in a timely and courteous manner including internal and external communication activities; performs cross-functional duties, as assigned or requested; and performs other duties consistent with the job classification, as required.
- Enrollment in a post-secondary program in Accounting/Business Administration, or recognized equivalent
- Related work experience would be beneficial
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Basic knowledge of accounting practices, procedures and generally accepted accounting principles
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated commitment to client service and satisfaction
- Working knowledge of computer application, accounting systems, and software applications, preferably in a Microsoft Office environment (i.e. Outlook, Word, SAP)
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (vlookup, pivot tables, macros)
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and to function effectively and efficiently under pressure
- Ability to take initiative and embrace challenging situations when issues are presented
- Ability to meet fixed deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and collaborate with others in assisting with the delivery of financial services
- Adheres to confidentiality policy for sensitive financial data and information
- Experience working in a health care environment, preferred
- If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
POSTED DATE: July 13, 2020 CLOSING DATE: July 20, 2020
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Six core values guide us in everything that we do. Do what’s right Deliver winning results Build collaborative teams Get things done in a fact-based, disciplined way Learn and grow, inwardly and...
Are you a driven Property Administrator looking to join one of Toronto’s fastest growing Property Management companies? Are you looking for the opportunity to advance and grow you career? Our...
Kelly Services' global pharmaceutical client is seeking a Drug Safety Specialist for their North York, Ontario location for a 5 month contract term to start. Previous Drug Safety experience is...
Close Finance Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager) Industry: Packaged Goods Job Category:...
Job Description An exclusive client is looking for a senior lead programmer analyst with leadership experience to be a valued member to their growing technology company. The ideal candidate should...
Close Manager Brand Finance Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Manager Industry: Packaged Goods Job Category: Financial ,Accounting Years Experience: 6-8...
Six core values guide us in everything that we do. Do what’s right Deliver winning results Build...
Are you a driven Property Administrator looking to join one of Toronto’s fastest growing...
Kelly Services' global pharmaceutical client is seeking a Drug Safety Specialist for their North...
Close Finance Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis Job Posting Category: Experienced...
Job Description An exclusive client is looking for a senior lead programmer analyst with...
Close Manager Brand Finance Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career...