Tervita is a leading environmental solutions provider. Our integrated earth, water, waste and resource solutions deliver safe and efficient results through all phases of a project by minimizing impact, maximizing returns.™ Our dedicated employees are trusted sustainability partners to oil and gas, construction, mining, government and communities. Safety is our highest priority: it influences our actions and shapes our culture.
Why Work for Tervita?
- Competitive wages and comprehensive benefit plan
- Opportunities for career growth
- Industry - leading experience
- A culture that puts safety first
The Class 3 Drive/Labourer is responsible for day-to-day duties on site needed to complete work in a safe and timely fashion and maintain a clean work site.
This position must also adhere to our safety program and work as a contributing member of the site team.
- Ensure all Tervita safety policies and procedures are followed
- Be cognizant of and adhere to any site-specific safety requirements
- Partake in all safety related meetings including: daily tail gates, last minute risk assessment, etc.
- Equipment maintenance
- Bobcat/skid steer operation
- General housekeeping
- Other related duties as required
- Inspect transport units and loads for safe operation during, prior to and after all transport assignments as required by jurisdictional, and / or NSC standards
- Comply with all jurisdictional traffic safety legislation
- Abide by all customer plant-specific safety procedures
- Ensure load is properly secured at all times
- Completion and submission on a timely basis of all documentation as required. This includes logbooks, equipment inspection reports, time tickets, accompanying manifests, trip records, fuel, and credit card receipts (JSA’s and WSRA’s)
- Prepare manifests and/or bills of lading, as required, for each transaction
- Communicate with customer regarding expected onsite arrival and service requirements
- Ensure all equipment / loads being transported meet all requirements relating to weight and dimension regulations for each jurisdiction traveled
- Work well in a team atmosphere, as well being part of an on-call rotation for off hours and weekends
- General labouring and or farm experience an asset but not required
- Basic comprehension and ability to follow Tervita’s Workplace Health and Safety requirements relevant to the assigned work site, including but not limited to H Tervita’s “Stop & Think Process” and Tervita’s “Hazard Assessment Process”
- Ability to complete safety documentation in an accurate and timely manner
- Strong work ethic and willingness to persevere through difficult weather conditions, challenging work site environments, and long demanding work days
- Minimum of 3 years driving experience in the transportation industry or demonstrated competency
- Valid and current Class 3 Driver’s License
- Solid knowledge base with respect to Hours of Service, load securement and driving regulations
- Ability to accurately maintain Log Books, Trip Records and Inspections on a daily basis as per legislated requirements
- Ability to conduct proper pre/post trip inspections of transport vehicles for safe operation prior to, during and after transport pickups and deliveries
- Strong mechanical knowledge with respect to the maintenance, servicing and repair of transport vehicles
- Ability to complete minor servicing and maintenance of transport vehicles, including but not limited to, greasing, replacement of air filters, brake adjustments and settings
- Ability to safely operate transport vehicles through difficult weather conditions and challenging work site environments
- Ability to perform physical tasks, including lifting, shoveling, moving containers and other heavy materials
- Strong work ethic and ability to work long days and occasional overnights.
- Fit-for-Work each day
Tervita Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or Provincial law or local ordinance.
Applicants who are extended an employment offer will be required to complete a pre-employment check. All employment offers are contingent upon the successful completion of this pre-employment process.
Flatiron is one of North America’s leading transportation and infrastructure companies. Flatiron builds roads, highways, bridges, rail, airports, dams, industrial, water and underground projects...
Our Client is currently seeking a HSE Field Lead for a 6 (six) month contract. Duration: 6 (six) months with the possibility of an extension Schedule: Rotational Field Work 6:1 (12 hour...
Contract Opportunity Competitive Pay+ 4% Vacation Notable Oil and Gas Company General Information As a contract Engineer or Technologist within the Canadian Gas Operations Technical Services team,...
Roadlink Express Inc. is looking for competent truck drivers- long haul Job details Location Calgary, AB Salary $27.00 / Hour Vacancies- 4 Vacancies Employment groups: Youth, Veterans of the...
Kindersley Transport Ltd., requires an Operations Manager at their Calgary, AB location. The Operations Manager is responsible for the operations at the Calgary Branch while ensuring efficiency,...
Kindersley Transport Ltd., a member of Siemens Transportation Group Inc., requires a Full-Time Dockworker at their Calgary, AB location. This position is Monday to Thursday, 3:00pm – 11:30pm,...
Flatiron is one of North America’s leading transportation and infrastructure...
Our Client is currently seeking a HSE Field Lead for a 6 (six) month contract. Duration: 6...
Contract Opportunity Competitive Pay+ 4% Vacation Notable Oil and Gas Company General...
Roadlink Express Inc. is looking for competent truck drivers- long haul Job details Location...
Kindersley Transport Ltd., requires an Operations Manager at their Calgary, AB location. The...
Kindersley Transport Ltd., a member of Siemens Transportation Group Inc., requires a Full-Time...