Westbank First Nation
Civil Engineering Technologist
Located within the traditional unceded territory of the sylix people, Westbank First Nation is a progressive and prosperous self-governing First Nation. The Okanagan Valley truly has it all, including a great climate, stunning scenery, world-class ski resorts, golf courses, wineries and beaches.
Westbank First Nation values diversity and we are committed to creating a healthy, strong and vibrant community through programs and services that promote physical, mental, emotional and spiritual well-being and healing. Come join our team and become part of an innovative and rewarding place to work.
The Civil Engineering Technologist provides technical support in all areas of Municipal Engineering, specific areas of responsibility include roads, utilities and development. The position assists in the preparation and management of capital and maintenance programs and assists coordinating design review of development related construction projects including construction inspection.
- Assists in the preparation and implementation of short and long term capital infrastructure plans for domestic water, sanitary collection system, storm drainage systems and roadways
- Prepares designs, estimates and oversees construction for small scale utility projects, subdivision development and road projects
- Assists in the review and approval of development servicing drawings, performs inspections and confirms record drawings for accuracy
- Provides technical assistance to the Development Services department including preparing reports, plans, drawings and Request for Proposals/Quotations.
- Assists with preparing funding applications to INAC and other agencies
- Updates WFN GIS system with new infrastructure and maintain inventory of record drawings
- Builds strong working relationships with WFN internal department, neighboring jurisdiction and Utility companies in the area
- Liaises with residents, consultants, department contacts, and the public on related engineering and Construction queries
- Assists in the administration of the Subdivision and Development Law, Land Use Law, Building Law, Sanitary Sewer Law, and Water Law
- Coordinates and responds to technical inquires independently or in conjunction with staff
- Assists in the development of preparing AANDC Funding Applications for feasibility, design, and construction of identified Capital Projects
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as required
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in accordance with Westbank First Nation (WFN) policies, standards and procedures and as directed by the Infrastructure Engineer
- Complies with all applicable safety regulations and procedures
- Two (2) year diploma in Civil Engineering Technology or equivalent
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience in engineering technology in a consulting or
- Municipal/First Nation setting with experience in the Municipal Engineering discipline
- Registered or eligible for registration with the Applied Science Technologists and Technicians of British Columbia
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation an asset
- Proficiency with computer applications including AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Graphic Information Systems, MS Office, and other similar software
- A valid Class 5 BC Driver's License, own transportation, and an acceptable driver’s abstract which is to be submitted annually
- Physically capable of fulfilling the required duties
- Experience in basic municipal infrastructure design, surveying, tendering, contract documents (MMCD), construction administration, inspection, materials/quality control, recording of as- built drawing, site safety, grant application writing, cost estimating and capital works planning
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Excellent interpersonal skills in dealings with contractors, consultants, the public, owners, developers, utility company representatives, senior staff, municipal employees and other government employees
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team structure
- Proven ability to learn new procedures and techniques to develop new skills, is able to multitask, and is highly organized
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Demonstrates an interest in municipal planning and a wide range of general municipal engineering issues
- Demonstrates experience in taking initiative, providing practical solutions to problems, and working hard to deliver a quality product
- Sound knowledge of applicable Westbank First Nation, municipal, provincial and federal legislations
A competitive starting salary rate, commensurate with appropriate experience is offered.
Applications must be submitted through https://recruiting.ultipro.ca
Select the appropriate position and click Apply Now, fill in the application form, and ensure your cover letter and resume is attached.
Any application submitted externally will not be considered.
Opportunity is open until Sunday, September 20th, 2020
*Incomplete and/or late submissions will not be accepted*
Req ID: 98169 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking...
Req ID: 101244 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and...
Req ID: 98169 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate...
Req ID: 101244 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate...