BioWare's vision is to create, deliver, and evolve the most emotionally engaging games in the world.
Currently announced projects at BioWare include the newly revealed IP Anthem: a shared-world action RPG, the ongoing support of the Mass Effect franchise: one of the highest rated video game series of all time, Dragon Age: Inquisition, the latest entry in the Dragon Age franchise, and Star Wars ™: The Old Republic™: a story-driven massively multiplayer online game.
What the Character Art Lead will do at BioWare:
A Character Artist at our BioWare studio will influence a new generation of character fidelity by utilizing their exceptional skills and working with the latest engine and tools. It's important for all characters in BioWare games to be emotionally engaging and immerse gamers into the worlds and stories that we create.
The Character Artist is driven to achieve high-quality believable characters. They are expected to assume ownership over any technical issues that arise on their project and drive them to resolution. This requires the artist to have the ability to work alongside character artists, rendering engineers, technical artists, technical animators, designers and concept artists. Candidates may come from either a Character Art or Technical Art background; however they must demonstrate a comfort level in working with both character art and technology.
Who You Are:
The rendering of a character is vital to the believability of our Characters. Creating visually stunning, immersive games is an art that takes a tremendous amount of skill and talent.
The portfolio should highlight the artist:
- Ability to present, light and render realistic humans
- Advanced surface shader work
- Ability to craft low resolution, complex hard surface shapes
- Use of character models in low, medium, and high polygon counts
- Clean texturing and material work
- Ability to work from reference materials, such as concept art or photogrammetry
- Assets authored for a physically based environment
- Assets rendered with individual material channels (diffuse albedo, roughness, normal, etc)
What skills and qualifications do we look for?
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Experience with shaders, physically based rendering and material authoring pipelines
- Excels in Maya, experience in Max, XSI or Modo is a plus
- Exceptionally skilled in Substance Designer/Painter
- MEL, Python, HLSL scripting knowledge is a plus
- Strong organizational skills (pipeline optimization, goal setting, writing documentation, etc.)
- Strong ZBrush or Mudbox experience
- Experience with organic and inorganic modelling
- Frostbite/Unreal experience
- 3-5 years or more experience
- Education required: completion of high school, some college, vocational training or University or equivalent work experience/training
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, pension with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. Health, Dental, Financial offered (ESPP and RRSP matching); Bonus and relocation assistance also offered.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/ edmonton
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting End Date: Number of Opening: 1 Worker Type: Temporary Position Overview: Reporting to the Marketing Manager, you will work across channels on a variety of design and production projects to...
City Arts Centre Instructor - Program Specialist Ongoing Job Number : 33688 The City Arts Centre is currently looking for enthusiastic Fine Arts Instructors to teach our Visual Art, Dance,...
Position at Starlight Casino, Edmonton Job Type: PT/Casual Who We Are Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited ("Gateway") is one of the largest and most diversified gaming companies in Canada....
Structural Engineer II up to 11 months Job Number : 33517 Do you have the desire to work on some of the City of Edmonton’s high profile projects? Are you a Structural Engineer with proven...
Communications Advisor, PIO II (Financial Services) 2 perm and 8 month temp Job Number : 33465 Do you have a passion for all things financial? Do you have a keen interest in how a municipal...
Manager, Corporate Accounts Payable Job Number : 33443 Are you an Accounts Payable Expert with the experience and motivation to lead the City’s AP team through a continuing transformation in...
Posting End Date: Number of Opening: 1 Worker Type: Temporary Position Overview: Reporting to...
City Arts Centre Instructor - Program Specialist Ongoing Job Number : 33688 The City Arts...
Position at Starlight Casino, Edmonton Job Type: PT/Casual Who We Are Gateway Casinos &...
Structural Engineer II up to 11 months Job Number : 33517 Do you have the desire to work on...
Communications Advisor, PIO II (Financial Services) 2 perm and 8 month temp Job...
Manager, Corporate Accounts Payable Job Number : 33443 Are you an Accounts Payable Expert with...