Posting ID: 16846
Position Type: Regular/Full-Time
City: Prince George, BC, Canada
Location: Isle Pierre (BC04)
Who We Are:
Canfor is one of the world’s largest and most respected integrated forest products companies. For more than 75 years, we have been delivering top-quality lumber, pulp and paper products to our valued customers worldwide. With operations in Western Canada and the Southern United States, and sales offices around the world, you can find Canfor products in every corner of the globe. We are leaders in sustainable forest management and in converting wood residuals into green energy.
As we continue to grow our company and our markets, find out how you can grow your career with us.
We are currently seeking motivated and experienced Machinists to work at our Isle Pierre Sawmill.
In this position, you will be responsible for set up and operation of all machine tools as well as CNC machining, and the selecting and maintenance of cutting tools.
You are an excellent trouble-shooter who has well-developed technical skills along with a strong background in safe work practices and a desire to work in a team environment where shift work may be required.
- Red seal or Interprovincial TQ
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a safe and efficient manner
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Solid background in heavy industry and construction
- Knowledge of the pulp and paper industry is an asset as well as experience in CNC machines
When applying for this role, please attach a photo or scanned copy of your Red Seal or Interprovincial TQ.
Canfor offers a comprehensive, flexible benefits package that allows you to customize your benefits to meet your individual needs, and includes health and dental coverage as well as life, accident and disability insurance. In addition to this, we offer pension and other benefits.
Hiring for this position is ongoing and will be filled as required. To be considered for this position, please apply today.
In order to be eligible for this position, you must be legally entitled to work in Canada for our Company.
There has never been a better time to join the Canfor team and become part of the modern forest industry. We have a wide range of rewarding careers in some of the best communities in North America, with plenty of room for advancement. Our mills are modern, high-tech and safe; and our marketing and sales activities are world-class. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, and are committed to the professional development of our employees.
Follow us on LinkedIn , Twitter , and Facebook for Canfor news, career opportunities, and upcoming events!
Prince George, BC
Known as BC’s Northern Capital, Prince George is city that offers big city comfort and convenience, but small town serenity and sensibilities. As the largest city in northern BC, Prince George is a hub of industry, offering numerous employment opportunities and is home to the University of Northern British Columbia. This region’s temperate climate creates a lush environment of emerald-green forests and ample opportunities for outdoor activity. For more information, visit http://canfor.com/our-company/our-communities/prince-george
Regular Full-Time Civic Facilities / Engineering & Public Works Department Oversee Maintenance Activities for City Facilities The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the development and...
- Grade 12. - Office Administration Certificate. - Recent related experience of one (1) year, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience or other qualifications determined...
- Graduation from a recognized degree or diploma program in Computer Science plus three (3) years' recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and...
Security jobs, management, entry level and more with G4S Select a G4S Careers Site Close Global Careers UK Jobs Security Jobs for UK Events Security Jobs in the USA Security Jobs in...
Public Affairs Coordinator, Prince George Reference Code: 53815 Location: Canada (CA) - Prince George, BC Job Category: Communications/Marketing Employment Type: Employee Full-time Relocation...
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, advanced preparation in the designated clinical specialty area(s), three year’s recent related experience in a management/leadership position, and four years recent...
Regular Full-Time Civic Facilities / Engineering & Public Works Department Oversee Maintenance...
- Grade 12. - Office Administration Certificate. - Recent related experience of one (1) year,...
- Graduation from a recognized degree or diploma program in Computer Science plus three (3)...
Security jobs, management, entry level and more with G4S Select a G4S Careers Site Close Global...
Public Affairs Coordinator, Prince George Reference Code: 53815 Location: Canada (CA) - Prince...
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, advanced preparation in the designated clinical specialty...