JOB POSTING #866482
Position: Business Manager, Procurement
Site: Ontario Power Generation Building
Department: Procurement Management Office
Reports to: Director of Procurement
Salary Range: $92,079 - $115,089 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Status: Permanent Full Time
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of ground breaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world. Find out about our purpose, values and principles here.
As a key member of the UHN Finance Management Team, the Business Manager, Procurementis a key advisor for the Director, Procurement on all financial matters impacting Procurement. The Procurement Business Manager is responsible for the effective financial planning, performance measurement, and analysis of activities, revenues, and costs, as well as the management of financial systems for the portfolio. This role will also provide support to UHN for sourcing and purchasing activities and will be responsible for ensuring effective and efficient management on all financial business matters relating to the Procurement department. The Procurement Business Manager is also expected to participate in and supervise others in projects/special projects relating to both the portfolio and UHN.
Financial Management – Plays a leadership role in the development of the financial strategy and management of financial/activity reporting for the portfolio
- Assists to develop and operationalize financial strategies for the Program in conjunction with the leadership team to streamline financial operations and reporting, improve programs/services and reduce costs.
- Monitors and evaluates strategies on an ongoing basis, revising, as needed; establishes and communicates
- Leads financial forecast/planning; collaborating with the supply chain management team to address financial issues, risks, and opportunities, providing analysis, evaluation and recommendations.
- Develops the program's annual operating budget
- Prepares and presents financial reports to senior management, as required
- Generates business cases supporting the advancement of the program
- Performs activity and financial benchmarks to facilitate comparison of performance against industry standards
Productivity and Analysis - Leads productivity analysis on portfolio activities
Project/Special Project Management - Maintains responsibility for the effective management and execution of projects and special projects, including:
- Support of organizational wide projects targeted at operational savings through varying procurement initiatives
- Provide strategic and operational insight as well as progress on saving initiatives
- Assuming the lead and/or co-lead role on other special projects, as assigned, mentoring and coaching team members as needed to complete the special project/assignment
- Professional accounting designation (CPA) or business degree with relevant experience
- Master’s degree in Business or Health Administration or recognized equivalent, preferred
- Minimum five years related experience required; experience working in a hospital is an asset
- Strong business acumen with solid experience in business management, financial planning, performance measurement and budgeting functions
- Ability and proven experience to communicate (written and verbal) effectively with senior management
- Demonstrates attention to detail, with strong motivational and leadership skills
- Demonstrates a commitment to providing a high level of customer service, with an acute understanding of stakeholders and their needs (high emotional intelligence); utilizes sound judgment and decision making
- Demonstrated project management skills; ability to organize, control and coordinate a variety of activities in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Outstanding organizational and time managements skills including ability to prioritize workload, manage unexpected occurrences and manage deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite, experience with SAP is an asset
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
POSTED DATE: November 12, 2020 CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted
Food Manufacturing Project Management Procurement This role is responsible for leading and managing sourcing of Biscuits External Manufacturing spend across North America managing annual spend of...
Close National Sales Manager Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Manager Industry: Packaged Goods Job Category: Sales Years Experience: 4-6 Years Job Type:...
There has never been a better time to join Extreme, after three acquisitions extending our portfolio and go to market strategy, we have seen enormous opportunity and growth within the regions....
Close Senior Brand Manager Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Manager Industry: Packaged Goods Job Category: Marketing Years Experience: 4-6 Years Job Type:...
Close Director of Marketing, Core Brands Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Director Industry: Packaged Goods Job Category: Marketing Years Experience: 8-10...
Close Supply Chain Operations Coordinator, part-time (12 month contract) Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager) Industry: Packaged...
Food Manufacturing Project Management Procurement This role is responsible for leading and...
Close National Sales Manager Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career...
There has never been a better time to join Extreme, after three acquisitions extending our...
Close Senior Brand Manager Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career...
Close Director of Marketing, Core Brands Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+...
Close Supply Chain Operations Coordinator, part-time (12 month contract) Job Posting Category:...