As the world’s number one distributor of heating and plumbing materials and a leading supplier of building materials, we know that talented people are essential to maintaining our success in the future.
Wolseley Canada provides an environment where employees can take their skills, talents, experience and interests to the next level to grow professionally and build rewarding careers.
Wolseley Canada offers many challenging and diverse career opportunities in our local branch networks and throughout our Regional and Corporate offices across Canada.
We are driven to achieve results, collaborate with each other to determine the best course of action, hold ourselves accountable at all times and demonstrate resilience when new challenges come our way.
Does this sound like you? Do you want to make a difference and grow your career? If so, then come join our talented and high performing team.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the responsibilities of the Branch Purchaser will include:
- Display the ability to understand all lines assigned to purchase and handle full load of external vendors.
- Knowledgeable of the following practices and philosophies of Wolseley Canada:
- Branch operations
- Review items for purchase; propose change opportunities as identified
- Purchasing product; understanding impact of changes such as seasonal trends
- Ensure consistently high service levels from DC and external vendors
- Special order handling
- Effective expediting from the vendor
- Efficient PO entry
- Vendor metrics; negotiating, monitoring and maintaining
- Display ability to identify areas for improvement and develop solutions
- Inventory management skills, including:
- Inventory investment
- Identify surplus / return opportunities
- Understanding of penalties and exemptions
- Ability to understand the delicate balance between investments, service levels, turns and landed cost
- Special reporting as requested
- Consistently displays a customer service attitude toward the branches and develops a rapport with branch contacts.
- High productivity in work process
- Vendor communication
- Computer file maintenance
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all times ensuring quality customer service
- Abide by all policies, rules, and regulations of the company including all applicable safety rules, regulations and procedures
- Support corporate programs, goals, and initiatives of the company
- Assistance during physical inventory
- Assist with other administrative duties as required
- Post Secondary education plus a minimum of two (2) years related experience in purchasing, or the equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Thorough working knowledge of purchasing, warehouse and inventory control policies, processes and procedures;
- Demonstrates intelligent buying decisions
- Good freight / transportation understanding
- Understanding vendor catalogs, discount structures and the impact of price changes
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated success working in a team environment;
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
- Highly organized in prioritizing work and multi-tasking;
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, career-oriented individual desirous of being part of a large, evolving and successful global organization with the ability to impact the future success. We offer competitive compensation and benefits as well as exceptional career growth potential.
Internal candidates must inform their immediate supervisor or manager and contact Human Resources.
Manager, Supply Chain Purchasing & Contract Management Job Number : 33837 Do you have strong leadership skills, the ability to successfully build and maintain client relationships, and an...
Posting End Date: Number of Opening: 1 Worker Type: Permanent Position Overview: This position is responsible for a variety of parts ordering and expediting duties in a fast paced environment....
Contract and Procurement Technologist Job Number : 34072 As part of Client & Vendor Services, the Contract and Procurement Technologist is responsible to ensure all contracts within the Fleet and...
Technical Writer (Eng. Tech II) Job Number : 33742 As part of Client & Vendor Services, the Technical Writer is responsible to ensure all contracts within the Fleet and Facility Services Branch...
Strategic Coordinator, Open City and Technology Job Number : 33883 At the City of Edmonton, a Strategic Coordinator works closely with the Branch Manager and is responsible for strategy...
Description Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9...
Manager, Supply Chain Purchasing & Contract Management Job Number : 33837 Do you have strong...
Posting End Date: Number of Opening: 1 Worker Type: Permanent Position Overview: This position...
Contract and Procurement Technologist Job Number : 34072 As part of Client & Vendor Services,...
Technical Writer (Eng. Tech II) Job Number : 33742 As part of Client & Vendor Services, the...
Strategic Coordinator, Open City and Technology Job Number : 33883 At the City of Edmonton, a...
Description Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th...