As the world’s number one distributor of heating and plumbing materials and a leading supplier of building materials, we know that talented people are essential to maintaining our success in the future.
Wolseley Canada provides an environment where employees can take their skills, talents, experience and interests to the next level to grow professionally and build rewarding careers.
Wolseley Canada offers many challenging and diverse career opportunities in our local branch networks and throughout our Regional and Corporate offices across Canada.
We are driven to achieve results, collaborate with each other to determine the best course of action, hold ourselves accountable at all times and demonstrate resilience when new challenges come our way.
Does this sound like you? Do you want to make a difference and grow your career? If so, then come join our talented and high performing team.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the responsibilities of the Branch Purchaser will include:
- Display the ability to understand all lines assigned to purchase and handle full load of external vendors.
- Knowledgeable of the following practices and philosophies of Wolseley Canada:
- Branch operations
- Review items for purchase; propose change opportunities as identified
- Purchasing product; understanding impact of changes such as seasonal trends
- Ensure consistently high service levels from DC and external vendors
- Special order handling
- Effective expediting from the vendor
- Efficient PO entry
- Vendor metrics; negotiating, monitoring and maintaining
- Display ability to identify areas for improvement and develop solutions
- Inventory management skills, including:
- Inventory investment
- Identify surplus / return opportunities
- Understanding of penalties and exemptions
- Ability to understand the delicate balance between investments, service levels, turns and landed cost
- Special reporting as requested
- Consistently displays a customer service attitude toward the branches and develops a rapport with branch contacts.
- High productivity in work process
- Vendor communication
- Computer file maintenance
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all times ensuring quality customer service
- Abide by all policies, rules, and regulations of the company including all applicable safety rules, regulations and procedures
- Support corporate programs, goals, and initiatives of the company
- Assistance during physical inventory
- Assist with other administrative duties as required
- Post Secondary education plus a minimum of two (2) years related experience in purchasing, or the equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Thorough working knowledge of purchasing, warehouse and inventory control policies, processes and procedures;
- Demonstrates intelligent buying decisions
- Good freight / transportation understanding
- Understanding vendor catalogs, discount structures and the impact of price changes
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated success working in a team environment;
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
- Highly organized in prioritizing work and multi-tasking;
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, career-oriented individual desirous of being part of a large, evolving and successful global organization with the ability to impact the future success. We offer competitive compensation and benefits as well as exceptional career growth potential.
Internal candidates must inform their immediate supervisor or manager and contact Human Resources.
CAN-Coord. Inventory Control (McKesson Canada) - (18009727) Description McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At...
Branch Manager, Employee Relations Job Number : 34250 Watch to learn more! People are at the heart of building a great city. The newly created Department of Employee Services will support the...
Branch Manager, Talent Management and Support Services Job Number : 34371 People are at the heart of building a great city. The newly created Department of Employee Services will support the...
Posting End Date: Number of Opening: 1 Worker Type: Permanent Position Overview: This position will primarily interface with Project Teams related to the Mining Industry. Responsible for a variety...
Contract and Procurement Technologist Job Number : 34605 As part of Client & Vendor Services, the Contract and Procurement Technologist is responsible to ensure all contracts related to...
PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO (855) 999-1463 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE! G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd. is a division of G4S plc, the world’s largest security solutions company. At G4S comes...
CAN-Coord. Inventory Control (McKesson Canada) - (18009727) Description McKesson is in the...
Branch Manager, Employee Relations Job Number : 34250 Watch to learn more! People are at the...
Branch Manager, Talent Management and Support Services Job Number : 34371 People are at the...
Posting End Date: Number of Opening: 1 Worker Type: Permanent Position Overview: This position...
Contract and Procurement Technologist Job Number : 34605 As part of Client & Vendor Services,...
PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO (855) 999-1463 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE! G4S Secure Solutions...